Preemies
Options

karo syrup for constipation???

Has anyone used Karo Syrup to relieve constipation in you DC....if so how long did you use it and in how many bottles did you put it in...

My son is on iron drops which is constipating him....can I use the Karo daily to regulate him or is there something I can do to prevent him from getting so constipated

Re: karo syrup for constipation???

• Options
    Our neonatolgist/pedi told us NOT to use Karo because she has seen so many babies get hooked on it.  They like the sweetness and want it all the time so they start rejecting their regular milk/formula.  We use prune juice and it works awesome!  DD will take it straight, but prefers it when it's mixed with her formula.  I use about 5-10ml.
  • Options
    BTW, we have friends who give their son a little prune juice daily to keep their baby regular and happy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks so much...i hate to see DS so uncomfortable that I don't want him to get all constipated again....do you know how much prune juice your friend uses daily....
  • Options
    Gosh,  I really don't know how much they use.  Every baby is going to react differently I would imagine.  Just start with a couple ml's and see what happens.  Give it up to 24 hours to work.  DD usually poos within 12-24 hours after getting prune juice.
  • Options
    We give DS 1oz of prune juice everyday, mixed in with a bottle, to keep things moving. It works great! (He's gotten 1oz. since he was about 2 months adjusted, for a reference on amount)
  • Options
    Prune juice works like magic!! Just an ounce was all we ever needed to get things moving south. Good luck!
  • Options

does the prune juice ever cause diarrhea with your children.....can you give it everyday or is that too much...

• Options
    i give my baby karo syrup and it works immediatly. and even better....works amazing for hiccups.. just a little drop of karo and hiccups gone in less than 2 mins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"