3rd Trimester
Options

lol @ people bringing a straightening iron to the hospital.

tonight is the first time in two weeks i used a hair dryer. read: had time to do anything other than air dry city.

nft!

Re: lol @ people bringing a straightening iron to the hospital.

• Options
    Wow you're doing good, I've only put makeup on 3 times since Logan has been born, and done my hair maybe twice.....
  • Options
    i am definitely packing my flat iron for the hospital. i would look freakish if i didnt straighten. if i have time to brush my teeth, i can straighten.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we know you were totally wearing the hot rollers in the delivery room!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageAngieandTony:

i was actually getting a spiral perm during labor!

• Options
    Hey- don't knock it! The day we were checking out they wouldn't let us leave before DS pooped. Well, it took him a while and I had plenty of time to flat iron my hair!
  • Options
    imageMiss.Modular:

imageAngieandTony:

i was actually getting a spiral perm during labor!

a total 80's jersey perm!

• Options
    I brought mine and used mine everyday that I was there!  I felt FANTASTIC this time compared to my first labor.  Maybe that's why I did it?  Who knows.  But I wanted to make myself feel and look nice after giving birth, and that was one way I could do it.
  • Options
    I'm bringing mine! My hair is all frizzy w/out it and I figure if I have time to use it, great. If not, no biggie. And, I recently got my hair cut so a ponytail is really not an option.
  • Options
    my hair is short it takes like 5 to straighten it I'm bringing mine
  • Options
    Slacker. You just don't have skillz baby...
  • Options

after pushing a small child out of my body, straightening my hair is the absolute last thing I would be worried about...but that is just me.

you got to use a hair dryer today?!?! Lucky!! I haven't even got to shower yet and I am lucky I got a minute to brush my teeth (the munchkin had a rough day)

• Options
    I look like a freakish monster when I don't straighten my hair and air dry it only. So yes, my straightener will be coming with me. I'm sure looking put together will help me feel better so it is worth it to me to bring it!
  • Options
    LOL-I brought mine and used it! Of course DS wasn't rooming in with us cause he was in NICU and we couldn't be in there all the time so I had time on my hands.
  • Options
    Baby Mod is ADORABLE! Love the siggy pic
  • Options

NB sleep 20 hours a day, what are you doing during that time that there is not 30 minutes to take care of yourself?

I def take a shower daily and blowdry my hair. Even in the hospital, I just feel better. 

• Options

Hey I'm bringing mine and this isn't my first rodeo so I know what I will and won't use!

• Options
    <-------------- HAS NEVER USED A FLAT IRON
  • Options

My hair is perfectly straight, there is no need for a straightening iron ever.  You are all very jealous....

However, this does mean my hair has no curl.  NONE.  So mostly I am very jealous.  I guess the grass is always greener.

• Options
    No need for a straightner, I have natural curls so I will just be happy to have a shower and clean hair. Worst comes to worse I will just pin the front up and do the five minute Gwen Stefani ponytail.
  • Options
    imagemrstommyp:

My hair is perfectly straight, there is no need for a straightening iron ever.  You are all very jealous....

Yes.  Yes I am.

• Options

imageoliviasprettymommy:
    my hair is short it takes like 5 to straighten it I'm bringing mine

Ditto. Don't hate Mod.

• Options

I definitely plan on bringing mine.

Haha.. When my bestfriend had her son she wouldn't have any pictures taken after the birth with him until she could reapply her makeup. Now I won't be THAT bad...

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options

I will bring my loved CHI along, hopefully I'll have a chance to use it. In between make-up and hair though, I choose make-up. Watch me forget all about grooming when the time comes... :P

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i took mine and used it. ?i didnt straighten my hair most of the end of my pregnancy and with my crazy frizzy hair i wasnt feeling very attractive. ?so i took a few extra minutes after my shower and straightened my hair and it made me feel a bit better after having a kid.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageJARbaby:

NB sleep 20 hours a day, what are you doing during that time that there is not 30 minutes to take care of yourself?

I def take a shower daily and blowdry my hair. Even in the hospital, I just feel better. 

sleeping when they're sleeping.

• Options
    imageJARbaby:

I'm with Jar on this one.  I take showers, eat, clean when I put her down for naps after nursing.  Even with 2-3 hours I can accomplish quite a bit before the next feeding. 

At the hospital I didn't wash my hair, but I sure as hell brought makeup and it made me feel like a human being the day after delivery.  

• Options
    After pushing for 2 hours and then resting, the first thing I wanted to do while my NB was sleeping was shower, makeup, and hair. Made me feel so much better:) If they have a plug, I will have my iron!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"