TTC After a Loss
Options

Weight Loss after a miscarriage

Hi everyone!  I have a question and I am hoping someone can relate....  I had an emergency D&C on October 31st at 12 weeks pregnant.  In those 12 weeks of pregnancy I gained 12 lbs!!  A LOT I KNOW!  I was really sick though and eating was the only thing to make me feel better. Anyway.... I have been doing Weight Watchers and working out a lot..... feeling great, but can't seem to drop any of the poundage!  It's driving me crazy....I was hoping to shed the pounds before getting pregnant again.  Has anyone had this similar of a problem?  Do you think it could still be hormones?  My body still getting back on track?  It is a little frustrating because I have been working so hard!  Advice?  Similar stories?  thank you ahead of time!
BFP #1 3/99. DD born 12/24/99 BFP#2 8/2008. Missed miscarriage found at 11 weeks, Emergency D&C 10/31/08 BFP #3 1/29/09 Natural miscarriage 2/14 BFP#4 4/24 DD born 12/14/09 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weight Loss after a miscarriage

• Options
    I gained about 8lbs with my pg and it's not until now, 4 months later, that the weight just fell off. it also took 3 months for my levels to go back to 0 so i had a lot of hormones still raging. good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can definitely relate!  I gained a little weight after my first m/c and then gained during AND after my 2nd m/c... so I'm up a good bit from my "pre-pregnancy" weight.  I definitely think the horomones play a big part in it - they make me want to eat all the time and also won't let my body lose the weight as easily.  I used to be someone who could just diet for a week and workout a couple times and instantly see a difference - definitely not the case these days!  Ugh.  Sorry, I don't have much advice except to keep with it - I have noticed a slight improvement lately (finally lost a couple of pounds!).  GL to you - and know that you are definitely not alone in this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I gained about 10lbs after my m/c's and it does not seem to want to budge no matter what I do.  I think a lot of us are in the same boat, I'm afraid.

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
    6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
    8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
    Beta #1: 485
    Beta #2: 2,495
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
         First off, I'm so sorry for your loss!  I'm not sure sharing my situation will be helpful, but I'm having weight issues as well, so I thought I'd chime in.  I lost my pregnancy at 6 weeks, so it was before I had gained any weight, but I did start gaining weight in the weeks afterward, totaling about 8 lbs.  My thought was that I would start trying to lose it on New Years Day.  As per usual, I stuck to my plan for about a week, and then caved.  After some thought, I've decided that I'm going to try to be as healthy as I can, but that I wouldn't try to lose weight while ttc.  For me, I think it's stressful enough to try to get my body to get pregnant, but to ask it to lose weight on top of it is too much for me.  However, it turns out that at my first acupuncture appointment on Saturday they told me I should cut out all refined sugar, caffeine and dairy, so I feel like I'm on a diet anyway.  Best of luck, whatever action you decide to take!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!
  • Options

I gained about 6 pounds and just now a year later is it starting to come off.  It also didn't help i was depressed and ate like crap, and didn't work out at all.

I have started jogging, and eating better, hence the reason the weight is coming off.

• Options
    I was pregnant for 10 weeks the first time, and I didn't gain any weight until after the m/c, but I literally gained 10 pounds in like a week.  I think it must have been hormonal.  I started trying to work it off a couple of months later using my usual routine of cutting calories and working out.  In eight weeks, I lost like one pound.  So, in desperation, I went out South Beach, and in the six months between when I began South Beach and my BFP, I lost about 20 pounds.  I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    I gained weight during my pg as well. I m/c at almost 12 weeks, and had put on some weight. I gained weight after my m/c as well. I dont think ive ever really gotten it off, its just been hard to shed the pounds! So, im right there with you!!
  • Options
    I have a friend that mentioned the South Beach as well...she loved it and lost 20 pounds too.  I really love Weight Watchers and it has always worked in the past for me.....I think I will mix up my work out routines a bit and hope that if I stick with it, it will come.  I still can't believe that I gained 12lbs in 12 weeks!  LOL.....  Oh well!    I am hoping and praying for a BFP soon and just thankful that I am finally feeling healthy again.  October was a rough month!  Thank you all so much for your replies!
    BFP #1 3/99. DD born 12/24/99 BFP#2 8/2008. Missed miscarriage found at 11 weeks, Emergency D&C 10/31/08 BFP #3 1/29/09 Natural miscarriage 2/14 BFP#4 4/24 DD born 12/14/09 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I gained 10 pounds during the 1st trimester the first time I was pregnant (had a D&C right at the end of the 1st tri) - and no matter what I did, I couldn't shed those 10 pounds prior to getting pregnant again (which was 10 months later).  So...I don't have any advice for you on losing the weight, but just know, you're not alone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know how you feel.  I lost a baby in May at 17 weeks.  At that point, I had only gained 4 pounds (when I'm preg. my metabolism actually works) and I still haven't lost them.  Meanwhile, when I had my son a couple of years ago, I lost all 30 pounds by the time he was 6 weeks.

I think your body just goes thru so much.  Hang in there!

Kristina

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss!  But how great that you want to be proactive.  I have gained weight, too.  It started when I went on all infertility meds a year ago.  And I gained weight after my m/c, too.  I work out daily for over an hour-my RE just told me to keep up w/ my normal level of activity when I first visited last year.  It doesn't matter if I work out for 30 minutes or 1 1/2 hours, the weight won't budge.  I used to be angry about it, but now I have just accepted that weight gain is just part of the TTC journey.  I don't watch every little morsel of food I put in my mouth, but I am happy that the exercise I'm doing now is not making my weight skyrocket through the roof.  I'm doing good to gain a few pounds and hopefully maintain.  GL to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"