Baby Names
Options

Baby girl name that goes with sister Audrey?

Hi, I asked a similar question before, but have added a few names to our list. We are looking for a baby girl name that goes nicely with sister, Audrey. We have a longer Italian last name, but decided not to go with an Italian first name for baby #1 (Audrey). Please let me know which you like best from the below options and why? What comes to mind when you hear these names??

1. Olivia

2. Charlotte

3. Caroline

4. Sophia/Sofia

5. Sarah

6. Annabel

Thanks! ?

?

Re: Baby girl name that goes with sister Audrey?

• Options

1. Olivia - pretty but popular

2. Charlotte - nms, think of Charlotte's Web

3. Caroline - ok

4. Sophia/Sofia - pretty, prefer the f because I think the ph is too popular

5. Sarah - ok

6. Annabel - like Annabelle better (my fave on the list, followed by Sofia)

• Options

I don't understand the concept of a name "going well with another name". 

I like all of your choices, though.  My favorites are Charlotte, Annabel and Caroline.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sisters Audrey and Olivia...how cute is that?!
  • Options
    I like Olivia & Annabel
  • Options

1.  Olivia- love it, and thenn Olive, but it is very popular, so I wont use it

2.  Charlotte- pretty but, nms

3.  Caroline- pretty but, nms

4.  Sophia- love it, but it is also top 10, so I wont use it

5.  Sarah-pretty, classic but seems plain to me

6.  Annabel- very pretty, unique but classic

• Options

1. Olivia - love it, was my great grandma's name and all Olivias I know are really sweet

2. Charlotte - love it, but can't use it because Dh thinks it sounds like "harlot"

3. Caroline - like it, but prefer it pronounced "car-o-lyn" because I'm not a fan of the hard "LINE" sound on the end

4. Sophia/Sofia - love it, and prefer it with the "ph" so it doesn't look like sofa. It is very girly, so it might not sound right on a tomboy.

5. Sarah - like it, but it is a little bit plain compared to your other choices

6. Annabel - nms, I live in the South and a lot of uppity Southern ladies use double names with Belle as a middle name so you hear "Cara Belle" or "Sarah Belle" or "Anna Belle" a lot in the store. It ruined names like Annabel and Isabel for me.

My favorites are Olivia and Charlotte.

• Options

Love the name Olivia. I think Audrey and Olivia sound cute together as sisters. Totally understand why you want them to sound good together. We are having trouble with coming up with something that goes good with our daughter Myah. Think we have chosen Jazzlyn but we'll see.

• Options

1. Olivia--very popular but I like it

2. Charlotte--classic

3. Caroline--another classic

4. Sophia/Sofia--very popular

5. Sarah--yet another classic

6. Annabel--nms

I guess I'd go w/Caroline.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think Olivia, Charlotte, and Caroline sound the best with Audrey.  I, personally, wouldn't use Olivia, just because it's so popular - but if that's not a issue for you, use it.  It's a pretty name.

I love Sophia - again it's popular and I don't know if I like it with Audrey.

Love Sarah - but it sounds old-fashioned and plain next to Audrey.

Annabel is pretty - but I don't like it Audrey.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

When I read your post title, for whatever reason the name Evalyn popped into my head. I like how Audrey and Evelyn sound together. Not on your list but I thought I'd throw it out there.

From the list, I like Sophia and Annabel (but I too would spell it Annabelle)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Why do the names have 'go' to gether? They are children not a pair of socks. They dont have to match!

I like olivia or Evelyn best.

• Options

well, we have our baby girls names picked out. And, our first girl (if we have one) will be Audrey Nicole and then if we have a second girl, her name is going to be Hannah Rose. I know Hannah was not on your list, but thought i would share.

I do like Audrey & Annabel though, very cute.

• Options
    I think Annabel goes nicely with Audrey because they both start with A. I really don't like Sarah. All of the other names are fine, nothing bad comes to mind when I hear them.?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

They are all nice, but here are my critiques. 

1. Olivia - Lovely, but nms.

2. Charlotte - My fave

3. Caroline - I like Carolyn spelling better, or expect people to pronounce it Caro-"LINE"

4. Sophia/Sofia - with the "ph" it is very nice.

5. Sarah - Smart, classic name

6. Annabel - nah - but I like Anna or Annie

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options
    I just read your post EmmaRain & it looks like we have the same thoughts on Caroline and Sophia!  I totally didn't copy you I swear. Tongue Tied

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Options

I am a big fan of all of them except Sarah - I don't think that one goes with Audrey as well as the rest do. ?Both are classic names, but Sarah doesn't have the same style to it.

Names can totally coordinate, and should! ?It would be weird to have two kids with very different types of names. ?If you named the first Jennifer and the second Casseopoeia, people would raise an eyebrow.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I like Sophia & Caroline
  • Options
    I like Charlotte or Caroline
  • Options
    I love Olivia!!
  • Options

Olivia--like it, but it's really popular

Charlotte--nice

Caroline--I have to agree that I like Carolyn better. Don't like the "line" sound either

Sophia--pretty.  Don't like it with the "f" --reminds me of sofa too!

Sarah, pretty, but kinda plain

Annabel--not a fan.... for some reason it reminds me of a cow... I think in some of the old Mickey cartoons, there was a cow named annabel.  nice name, but not really my style

• Options

I think they are all pretty classic names & will go well with Audrey.  What about Lily? :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really like all of them. ?Olivia, Sophia, and Annabel are my favorites - and in that order I think. ? ?
  • Options
    I really like Caroline. It isn't a name you hear all the time and it sounds really nice with Audrey.
  • Options
    I completely understand wanting the names to go well together.  I have hangups like that too. I like Charlotte, Caroline, and Annabel (prefer Annabelle), in that order.  GL!
  • Options
    Out of these, I like Annabel.
  • Options
    Lily is a beautiful name. It was our 2nd choice when we had Audrey. :)?
  • Options

Good to know about "Annabel." I wasn't sure about the "bel" on the end. I think I prefer just "Anna" now instead.?

My husband isn't too sure about Charlotte, either. :) I think that one may take some convincing, but i do think it's a beautiful name.

Thanks! ?

• Options

Thank you!?

Your little girls are beautiful & such have such lovely names!! ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"