Philadelphia Babies

Main Line OB Recommendation

I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for OBs that deliver at either Bryn Marw or Lankeneau. 

I am currently a patient of Main Line Women's Health in Rosemont, but am thinking about switching after a few disappointing experiences.  I like the Drs there (I have seen Lu and Dein),  but after a few very frustrating encounters with the office staff -- hung up on, placed on hold for forever, no returned call, etc -- I would like to find somewhere that provides a better all-around experience. 

Thanks!!

Re: Main Line OB Recommendation

• McConnell, Peden, Belden, and Finnegan.  Practice and deliver at Lankenau.  I was really happy with my experience.  They are very busy but the care is outstanding.  I saw each of the docs a couple of times throughout and eventually was delivered by Maggie Peden via c/s.  I guess I would say that in terms of favorites I would rank them as follows:  Peden - Belden - Finnegan - McConnell.  Good Luck!!
  • It's interesting that you say this. I've heard such great things about this practice and I've gone to them for my annual GYN appointments for several years and been happy. But since I got pregnant, I've had MANY bad experiences with them and I just don't feel comfortable using them. I definitely want to switch and now I know that I'm not the only one having problems with them, I just might. I need someone who delivers at Bryn Mawr or Paoli though. Good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to Main Line OBGYN - they deliver at Paoli, Lankenau and could be Bryn mawr. Dr. Bussard delivered my baby and Dr. Karkarla is my regular doctor.The practice is primarily women. I loved them!! they have offices in collegeville, paoli, and strafford.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Dr. Phillip Hirshman in KOP- delivers at Bryn Mawr.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm so glad to hear that it's not just me too!  I've been going there for the past few years too and have never had any problems.  I was so surprised when I got pregnant and all of a sudden things went downhill.  Maybe because I never had to interact with that that much in the past (just my regular annuals)?!

My other concern with all the practices that I've talked to on the ML is that they are part of on-call groups (Finnegan, Belden, McConnell and Penden are like this as well as Scott Bailey who I used to see).  You're never guaranteed a Dr from your practice for your delivery.  MLWH groups with 2 other practices, so you can get one of the 5 MLWH Drs or one of the 7 other Drs that they partner with for on-call duties.  I really don't like the idea of going in to delivery with someone that I've never met before!  That was the whole reason I went through the trouble of picking a Dr a few years back -- so that I could establish a relationship prior to having a baby.  I'm thinking about trying to find a doula or mid-wife so that I at least have a face I know and trust (other than my husband) in the room with me.

• imageckmac:
    It's interesting that you say this. I've heard such great things about this practice and I've gone to them for my annual GYN appointments for several years and been happy. But since I got pregnant, I've had MANY bad experiences with them and I just don't feel comfortable using them. I definitely want to switch and now I know that I'm not the only one having problems with them, I just might. I need someone who delivers at Bryn Mawr or Paoli though. Good luck!!

I'm so glad to hear that it's not just me too!  I've been going there for the past few years too and have never had any problems.  I was so surprised when I got pregnant and all of a sudden things went downhill.  Maybe because I never had to interact with that that much in the past (just my regular annuals)?!

My other concern with all the practices that I've talked to on the ML is that they are part of on-call groups (Finnegan, Belden, McConnell and Penden are like this as well as Scott Bailey who I used to see).  You're never guaranteed a Dr from your practice for your delivery.  MLWH groups with 2 other practices, so you can get one of the 5 MLWH Drs or one of the 7 other Drs that they partner with for on-call duties.  I really don't like the idea of going in to delivery with someone that I've never met before!  That was the whole reason I went through the trouble of picking a Dr a few years back -- so that I could establish a relationship prior to having a baby.  I'm thinking about trying to find a doula or mid-wife so that I at least have a face I know and trust (other than my husband) in the room with me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"