Preemies
Options

do you give your preemie mylicon?

Re: do you give your preemie mylicon?

• Options
    Yes but I'm not really sure it does anything most of the time.  Only a couple of times has it helped when they were really little (like around 3mos to 6mos actual age) and they were very gassy.  I think a lot of times people mistake gassiness for reflux.  It can't hurt so give it a try.  It tastes pretty good.
  • Options
    We tried it but it didn't seem to do anything...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

occasionally, but most of the time he just pukes it back.

I had better luck with Gripe Water than mylicon when he was actually gassy (versus refluxy.)

• Options
    Yes. ?Our Pedi says it doesn't do anything, but I've had good results with it. ?Maybe it's the sudden sweet taste that surprises them and gives them that second to catch their breath and calm down, or maybe it does what it says and breaks the gas bubbles down into smaller ones, whatever the reason....it won't hurt to try!
    Claire Avery born at 32 weeks on 10/25/06 Keira Leigh born at 27 weeks on 4/29/08
  • Options
    I did and it seemed to help DS.  I always used our grocery store brand. 
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Options
    we do, but like everybody else..not totally sure that it does anything..pedi doesn't seem to think so, but GI doc said it works about 50% of the time
    Ron and Nora married 6.3.06 21 cycles, 1 m/c, 4 rounds clomid, 1 round gonal f and 3 IUI anovulatory cycles, LPD
    Joey, Ronnie, and Audrey,
    my awesome IUI 30 week twins, and my surprise miracle Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LOVE my SAIF ladies :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers My Blog!
  • Options
    Yes. We actually preferred the target brand though. It worked better and was 1/3 the price. We also gave Gripe Water (Little Tummies worked best) for hiccups and gas. The best thing we did for gas though was to switch to Good Start Natural Cultures formula from Neosure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ABSOLUTELY! Cant live without the stuff even still.
  • Options
    Yes, just if he seems to have gas pain.
  • Options
    Yes!!  Daily!  DD is so gassy and it helps tremendously!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"