Philadelphia Babies

Bryn Mawr vs DCMH

Currently I am seeing the ob/gyns at DCMH. I am six months pregnant and I am STRESSING because I am not impressed with DCMH. They are unattentive, they never call me back, and I have heard horror stories about their Maternity Ward. Now... I have been to Bryn Mawr and love all the staff. The only thing keeping me from switching to them is that I am in 6 months. And I don't know if it's a good idea to switch now. What should I do? Does anyone have experience with DCMH or Bryn Mawr? Should I just suck it up and stay at DCMH?

Re: Bryn Mawr vs DCMH

• I wouldn't stick with DCMH if you're not happy with them. We had our little guy at Crozer and loved the experience. Best of luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • I'd say switch.  Toward the end of my pregnancy, I saw many different doctors from my group.  I would think that if you switch now, you'll have the opportunity to get to know your new group because of the more frequent checkups.  You need to feel comfortable with your doctors.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • love bryn mawr
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • What kind of horror stories have you heard?  I am due next month (delivering at DCMH) and have not really been to the hospital much because my doctor's office is not located in the hospital. 

You can email me offline if you would like: [email protected].  I would like to know what to watch out for. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I saw a practice at DCMH for my first pregnancy and I liked the doctor, but hated the support staff and wasn't crazy about the hospital itself.  I found a new practice when I got pregnant again and will be delivering at Lankenau.  I am so glad I'm not delivering at DCMH. If you are uncomfortable or unhappy, I don't think it's ever too late to switch doctors.  Good luck!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi, I am a Labor and Delivery nurse at BMH and delivered there this past May...so I vote for Bryn Mawr. Having a baby is an amazing experience and one of the most special moments of your life, you should go where you feel comfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"