2nd Trimester
Options

17 week scan

Hi, really need some advice. I've had a skull theory test and a nub theory test done at 13 weeks and they've both said I'm having a girl. We had a private scan done yesterday at 17 weeks and 3 days and the sonographer said it's a Boy. I already have a son and everything about this pregnancy is different. Can ultrasounds be wrong at 17 weeks? Has anyone had this happen before?

Re: 17 week scan

• Options
    Hi, really need some advice. I've had a skull theory test and a nub theory test done at 13 weeks and they've both said I'm having a girl. We had a private scan done yesterday at 17 weeks and 3 days and the sonographer said it's a Boy. I already have a son and everything about this pregnancy is different. Can ultrasounds be wrong at 17 weeks? Has anyone had this happen before?
    Seriously? A "nub theory" and "skull" theory is just that a THEORY! You cannot determine of your baby will be born with a penis or vagina! An ultrasound,though still not 100% accurate, as errors happen, physically shows what is between the legs.  

Each pregnancy is different, and symptoms differ in each pregnancy, whether same sex or not. 

Embrace the ability to have another child and the joy of being a mother to another human male or female!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pregnancies were pretty different and yielded all boys. I confirm in a couple weeks that the blood test was right and we are having our 1st girl. 

I will say that some of the private US places have been known to use phoney US videos and pictures. 

I'd wait until your 20 week with doc. All my US have been correct. There is a small margin of error. 

Also at the end of the day a healthy baby is all that matters. If it is a boy your boys will love having someone to really rough house with as they age. My sons have absolutely loved it. Congrats on your baby!