1st Trimester
Options

Hcg levels

Went to the er last week for mild bleeding and cramping. They did an ultrasound and saw a gestation sac of 8 mm correlating with less than 6 weeks gestation. I’m not sure how far along I am due to irregular periods and I tend to ovulated late.
They pulled hcg levels and they were 13,707 and then I had a follow up and the levels increased to 14,746. There’s been no more bleeding and the doctor didn’t seem concerned but is having me come back on Friday to pull more blood.
Just wondering if anyone has had similar successful or non successful stories.

Re: Hcg levels

• Options
    HCG is supposed to double every 48 hours in early PG.  At least up until 7 weeks or so when they start to go by ultrasound development and heartbeat rates.  You should call your doctor to determine your next steps and what they said.  If they are/were concerned, they will probably schedule your for my HCG betas and/or ultrasounds.  

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    nken20nken20 member
    Hi. Your situation indicates a developing pregnancy with rising hCG levels and the presence of a gestational sac. But your irregular periods and late ovulation can make it challenging to estimate gestational age accurately.
    Mild bleeding and cramping can occur in early pregnancy for various reasons. The best approach is to focus on your self-care, keep communicating with your doctor, and remain hopeful. Your doctor will provide guidance for your situation. Wishing you the best.