June 2024 Moms

AMA Check-in - April

This is a thread for all the expecting mamas who will be 35+ when their babies are born. 

1. Age Now / Age at Delivery

2. How are you feeling? How is AMA affecting your pregnancy so far? 

Re: AMA Check-in - April

• jenEPjenEP member
    This is a thread for all the expecting mamas who will be 35+ when their babies are born. 

1. Age Now / Age at Delivery: 39/39

2. How are you feeling? How is AMA affecting your pregnancy so far? 

Feeling pretty good, just tired. Found out today that I’m really anemic and they recommended iron infusions. I’m not looking forward to them but hoping they give me some energy back. 

Still thinking a lot about whether to induce at 39 or 40 weeks. Feels like a hard decision, but thankfully all my midwives are supportive of whatever option I choose. 
  • kbru88kbru88 member
    1. Age Now / Age at Delivery 

35 now, my birthday is next week. So I'll be 36 at delivery.

2. How are you feeling? How is AMA affecting your pregnancy so far? Feeling my age. I'm exhausted, and feel huge. Everything just feels harder to deal with this time around. Every appointment the Drs have been convinced there is something wrong. They had me take the gestational diabetes 3 times so far this pregnancy, I've passed every single time. But then they measure baby and they say I am measuring too big and I must have gb and should test again.... Nope; I always measure bigger than the standard and I just make big babies. And this is my first boy... So maybe he is even bigger. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Age Now / Age at Delivery - 38 / depends on when she comes if I will be 38 or 39 (my birthday is 4 days before my EDD)

2. How are you feeling? How is AMA affecting your pregnancy so far? I'm feeling pretty good, though I'm having anxiety around baby movement - not because she's not moving, but because I'm just stressing over it. I'm going to have to do NSTs this time around, which is different from last time - I was AMA last time too, but my previous OB just did ultrasounds instead.