EDD / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a (an):

Team blue/pink/green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite cake? And if you don't like cake what would you choose instead?

Re: Weekly Check-In (4/1-4/7) 🌦️

• EDD / Weeks + Days: Oct 23 / 10w+5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a (an): Strawberry

Team blue/pink/green: TBD - taking the blood test tomorrow!

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow for NIPT testing and other blood work

How are you feeling?: The nausea has finally subsided and I got some good rest this weekend so definitely feeling better. I do feel quite anxious about getting another job after my current one and saving enough money for maternity leave in October. I despise financial stress. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: We went to the beach this past weekend and my dog got to swim and run off leash and my daughter had so much fun. It was a perfect family day. Rant: pregnancy constipation… so miserable. I’m taking fiber supplements, colace and drinking as much water as I can but nothing really helps. Any tips?? 

Questions: Anyone have some fun ideas for an intimate gender reveal with just my husband and I? We don’t want to find out at our appointment like last time, we want to do something more special 

GTKY: What is your favorite cake? And if you don't like cake what would you choose instead? This weekend I had a mango yuzu chantilly cake and it was honestly the best cake I’ve ever had. Hence the question about cake lol it’s still on my mind! 
  • Loading the player...
  • lizzzy217 So many people experience gender disappointment but don’t talk about it due to shame. It’s nothing to be ashamed about, you will love that little girl with all your heart. Getting unexpected news or feeling pressure to provide something that’s out of your control often leads to disappointment. I think we spend so much time leading up to these results imagining specific genders that regardless of the result we slightly mourn the gender that didn’t happen. Allow yourself grace to feel however you need to feel ❤️ And congrats on the baby girl! 
  • @puzzlehead11 Thank you <3 I definitely feel so guilty for feeling disappointed. At this point I'm mostly mad at myself for my reaction, I thought I'd be happy no matter what. I didn't even realize I had any expectations.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: October 12 / 12w3d

Baby is the size of a (an): lime!

Team blue/pink/green: green 💚

Upcoming Appointments: 4/23 for 16 week check

How are you feeling?: fatigued and nauseous! After 10 weeks my nausea has been worse - I don’t know if it’s the timing or going off IVF meds but I hadn’t thrown up until around then, and now that’s becoming a regular occurrence. Still not as bad as my first pregnancy though, so that’s something. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I feel like I’ve gained a lot of weight already and I’m nervous about that (I started off overweight and had preeclampsia last pregnancy). Rave: I’m looking forward to spending the weekend in NYC! 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your favorite cake? And if you don't like cake what would you choose instead? I love cake! It’s hard to pick a favorite. I had some excellent carrot cake on Easter 🐣 🥕
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: October 6, 12w 3d 

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a (an): lemon

Team blue/pink/green: it’s a girl!

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow for PT, 4/22 for 16 week check up

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Starting to mentally adjust (finally) to the lack of energy and letting go of getting things done, haha. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: grateful for free maternity clothes from buynothing and hand me downs! Rant: I wish maternity clothes were cuter/less frumpy/made of nicer materials. 

Questions: none today 

GTKY: What is your favorite cake? And if you don't like cake what would you choose instead? Princess cake! 🤤 
  • aa2024aa2024 member
    edited April 3
    EDD / Weeks + Days: October 3 / 14w!!! Yay 2nd trimester! 

Baby is the size of a (an): peach / tall as a debit card haha 

Team blue/pink/green: pink 🎀

Upcoming Appointments: 4/22 for checkup 

How are you feeling?: I’m still just so tired and ive never felt so lazy in my life. I got prescribed my usual medicine for my rhinitis since it’s the only thing that helps so hopefully I can start sleeping peacefully again. 

Rant: why is naming a girl so hard! I’ve always been settled on a boy name since 15 and surprisingly my husband had the same name picked. But neither of us had a girl name picked and we’ve been going through all the lists but I haven’t really seen a name that I’ve liked. A lot of girl names also remind me of someone I know so I’m trying to avoid that. My husband also has a long last name so I’m trying to pick a short sweet name so her full name isn’t unreasonably long. 

Rave: I had my 13w ultrasound on Monday and I got to see her move! My baby was sooooo active and was swimming and turning around non stop. This is my first pregnancy and it still feels unreal that there is something growing inside me but I’ve never been so excited! 

Questions: how do you guys decide on names? My mom told me since I don’t have a favorite I should make a list of a few I like and one will feel right when I see her face. Although I’m a huge planner and I feel anxious waiting to truly name her until after birth! 

GTKY: What is your favorite cake? And if you don't like cake what would you choose instead?
    I don’t like cake but the only place I eat cake from is a Japanese French bakery called Sage Cake in San Diego. Everything is so light, creamy, fluffy and not too sweet. 
  • @aa2024 that's funny, I'm the exact opposite. I have like 5 girl names I'm okay with (although I think I've already picked the one I'm going with) but I literally do not like a single boy name. :D
    I'm a gardener/nature/flower girly though so half of my names are basically flower-inspired (Lily/Jasmine/Iris). And then I also feel like I like names with lighter sounds or ones that sound more elegant/romantic (Liana/Kyra/Luna/Bella).
    Right now we're mostly struggling with a middle name, although I think we're planning to go with a Japanese middle name.
    Also I'm curious what your boy name is?
  • aa2024aa2024 member
    @lizzzy217 I’m a geographer/very nature based too so my names are all nature inspired as well! One of the girl names I’ve actually recently considered is Lilia (Lily felt a little too common for me) but our last name starts with A so I feel like it’s an odd flow. I told my mom I love the name Juniper/June but can’t re-use it because it’s currently my dogs name haha! 

For my boy name, I’ve always loved the name Atlas. Obvious as a geographer but my husband loves the strength meaning behind the name and it’s still pretty unique. 

I think a cute nature Japanese/American middle name is “Mei”. That’s my friends name and I always loved it but is also different from the traditional American “May/Mae” middle name. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days:
    Oct. 1 - 14 weeks,2 days

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    FTM

Baby is the size of a (an):
    Peach!

Team blue/pink/green:
    Pink - and confirmed by both NIPT and neonatologist 

Upcoming Appointments: 
    Apr. 18th and then the 20 week anatomy scan and fetal echo May 15. 

How are you feeling?: Emotionally, I’m really excited. Physically, sick of the sickness which has subsided but now is more dry-heaving. Hoping the energy comes back a bit with second trimester - but I am sleeping better. Already started with the Preggo pillow. It really helps and is hopefully subtly training me for the restrictions coming. 

Rants/Raves: After a miscarriage and kind of a difficult history with pregnancy, I feel nervous still to tell people. It was devastating to go through and made worse by having to tell everyone when they would ask about the progression of the pregnancy (this was still in COVID times so felt isolated anyway)
    I’m also hoping for some new mom friends - a lot of my close friends moved away throughout COVID, so if anyone is near Los Angeles…. :)

Questions: I’d love to just hear your gender reveal stories since we seem to be at that time. 
    And cravings - I want mango all the time right now! And potatoes in any form. 

GTKY: What is your favorite cake? And if you don't like cake what would you choose instead? I’m pretty hooked on Trader Joe’s little lava cakes right now with strawberries. 
  • I also just want to reply to some of the previous posts -
    Lizzy & AA2024 - I love nature names too! Some of my names: Arden (garden without the G), Lynden (like the tree), and Eden. We’re thinking Mae for the middle name so we can call her Little Lady Mae (Tyler Childers reference) or Jane after my grandmother

HollyV - I love that color combo! What about more of a terracotta orange? It’s darker and maybe less pumpkin-y. Our bedspread is terracotta and I was looking at milestone markers yesterday that were a deep moss color. 

Lizzy again! - it’s so tough that this wonderful event in our life comes with so much outside input. I hope those that care about you cool it on those comments! She is going to be so adored and have a little girl group
  •  blueberrylemonade12 I’ll be in NYC this weekend too! Very excited!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 10/29, 10w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM + Bonus Mom

Baby is the size of a (an): cardinal tetra fish 

Team blue/pink/green: leaning toward a boy!

Upcoming Appointments: April 18th, NIPT, ultrasound and the works

How are you feeling?: today I’m just feeling a little tired. Some days I don’t even feel pregnant and then get all nervous!

Rants/Raves: looking forward to my upcoming trip this weekend! 

Questions: how do you ease the anxiety when you feel almost normal certain days?

red velvet with cream cheese icing… or the white chocolate raspberry Chantelle cake from Publix!
  • aa2024aa2024 member
    @dotterjudy Hi! We have super close Due dates, both having girls and I’m moving to Orange County after the new year and also looking for mom friends :) 
  • @aa2024 Yay! My instagram is the same as my name here if you’d like to connect that way 🧡
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 10/3/24

Baby is the size of a (an): Peach

Team blue/pink/green: Blue 💙 (We found out via blood test) 

Upcoming Appointments: 16 week check up

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. A little embarrassed as I was disappointed when finding out I was having another boy. It lasted all of 5 minutes and I was overjoyed that my baby boy was healthy and strong. Plus as a cheer gym owner I am around girls all day everyday. Being a boy mom is something I am looking forward to. 💙 

Rants/Raves: ligament pain/able to enjoy food again! 🎉

Questions: None

GTKY: What is your favorite cake? And if you don't like cake what would you choose instead? Rainbow Chip! 

• @puzzlehead11 - we asked the OB office to send the gender results in the mail since there wasn’t an appt. scheduled for some time. They sent it on an index card. Hopefully yours could do that too!
  • @aa2024 - I have the opposite problem, I find boy names so much harder than girls! But my husband and I had a much easier time deciding on names we didn't like than names we did. So we got a really big baby name book and we would go through a few pages each night and cross out every name we didn't like which helped us get a short list of names we both didn't mind. That's actually how we found our daughter's name Pepper. We were shocked when we both didn't say "veto!" lol and then the name just really grew on us throughout the pregnancy. And she is such a Pepper its the perfect name for her. There's also a fun app called Babyname that's like tinder for baby names you and your partner can swipe left or right for names you like and if you match it keeps track of your matches. 

@dotterjudy - I just moved away from Los Angeles a few years ago, but I do go back often to visit friends and family so if this bump group keeps going maybe we can meet up next time I'm back! I don't have any friends with kids there. 

@hollyvenelle - I think those colors would be super pretty and great for fall. Plus we'll be very close to halloween so who cares if it's pumpkin-y. If you do a burnt orange then maybe a sage green or if you do a darker olive then maybe a bit more terracotta/rust color would lighten it. These were my wedding colors (plus pink) so I am a fan! 

I'm going to start a thread specifically for baby names so everyone can share ideas and get opinions etc! Do we want one for gender reveal stories and stories about how everyone is telling friends/family too?
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 10/14/24 / 12w3d

Baby is the size of a (an): plum

Team blue/pink/green: waiting on NIPT results!!! 

Upcoming Appointments: next weekend 

How are you feeling?: very tired, constant tension headaches, constipated, occasional nausea

Rants/Raves: Rant - sooo tired of waiting to announce my pregnancy!! We are telling my in laws this weekend (they live far so we need to drive to tell them in person). The pregnant part of me really doesn’t feel like making the 4 hr drive but my husband is adamant we do it in person 😑

Questions: how do you survive the wait period for the NIPT results?

strawberry shortcake 🍰 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: Oct 15, 12w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM 🌈🤞

Baby is the size of a (an): egg

Team blue/pink/green: undecided 

Upcoming Appointments: first trimester screening blood test today, first trimester screening ultrasound on Apr 8

How are you feeling?: pretty good this week, nausea is basically gone, some cramping, fatigue is hanging on

Rants/Raves: I’m tired of snow. But this week has been good pregnancy symptoms-wise. I can finally prepare meat and actually eat it without feeling sick.

Questions: is anyone experiencing round ligament pain at this stage? The cramping is usually on the sides or when I stand up.

GTKY: What is your favorite cake? And if you don't like cake what would you choose instead? Strawberry cream cake, but I’m usually more of a savoury person.
  • saf22saf22 member
    edited April 5
    Hi all, I'm still around in October month despite my absence the last few weeks. I was in the middle of a move and dealing with that, the nausea, work and my toddler was overwhelming to say the very least. 

Last I reported, my EDD got moved to 11/4 at my first prenatal visit. I decided to stay in October :smiley:

EDD / Weeks + Days: 10/29 based on LMP 10w 3d; 11/4 based on US

Baby is the size of a (an): brussel sprout!

Team blue/pink/green: unknown 

Upcoming Appointments: 4/15 for NPT bloodwork

How are you feeling?: still very nauseous. I canceled the 25 mile cycling race I had happening on 4/7 due to the nausea. It relieved a lot of pressure I was carrying and it was overall the best decision for this pregnancy. Why chance it. The money I raised will still go to cancer research, so that's a win! 

Rants/Raves: I finally turned in the keys to my old place and can officially call myself a homeowner in California which in itself is crazy in this market. My home is slowly coming together but I still have a long ways to go with organizing and decorating. I feel it will take me twice the amount of time to unpack everything. But I guess I have to start somewhere. I'm very much looking forward to 1 or 2 weeks from now when hopefully the unpacking is a thing of the past. 

Questions: I feel like I'm not as engaged with this pregnancy as I was with my first. I feel sad about it because I truly am excited, but perhaps with buying a home, the nausea, the toddler, the work demand I've been too busy just trying to survive. Does any nonFTM feel like this? I hope I am able to turn the corner soon. 

GTKY: What is your favorite cake? And if you don't like cake what would you choose instead? Cheesecake! 
  • saf22saf22 member
    @all the LA and surrounding area mommas, I too am in the LA area and looking for mom friends :smile:
  • Thanks for all the color input everyone! I love the idea of the terracotta orange with with either a sage or olive green!

And yes on the name thread! We are STUCK on a boy name
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 10/9 / 13 + 4

Baby is the size of a (an): 🍋

Team blue/pink/green: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: 14 week prenatal on Tuesday 

How are you feeling?: I’ve definitely turned a corner - which is fantastic and confusing at the same time. Great to be feeling better but also makes me a little anxious to not feel as much!

Rants/Raves: We’re planning to tell our close family and friends this week 🥰

Questions: Has anyone else had a high white blood cell count? I did during my NIPT but my doctor said to wait a month to test again (which feels so long if there is an infection or something wrong). 

GTKY: What is your favorite cake? And if you don't like cake what would you choose instead? I was not a sweets person before pregnancy (though give me a bag of chips and watch out). Now I’m craving sweets all the time! Candy more than cake, but trying to limit that. Instead, I’ve found some popsicles with decent ingredients to try and satisfy the sweet tooth.
  • @hellomelon2324 I had a high white blood cell count in my NIPT as well, but I looked at the results online and haven't had my follow-up with my doc, I go back the 16th, so we'll see what they say. 
    Also feel the same about the symptoms, I would wake up a little anxious if I wasn't nauseous, so this feeling better stuff is great and also weird, lol..