EDD / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a (an):

Team blue/pink/green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favourite random fact?

Re: Weekly Check-in w/o 3/24

• @maggiemadeit, sending you all the good thoughts! That all sounds so hard, but it sounds like you are doing an incredible job of keeping your sweet baby healthy!

I've been in both the May and June groups. If you feel like you want some extra support when you deliver please let us know on the May thread about the fb group if you would like to join. ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • @maggiemadeit Sorry to hear that nothing has changed with the placenta, but it sounds like you have a great plan in place - and that she is growing well so that is one less thing to worry about! And we are happy to keep you here in the June group - it wouldn't be the same without you :) 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: June 8 / 29 + 2

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a (an): Mr. Potato Head (side note: I have like three apps, including one with multiple categories, and it cracks me up that the things they choose are often vastly different sizes)

Team blue/pink/green: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday with midwives (moved up from next Monday due to being on antibiotic and changed to in-person)

How are you feeling?: The last week has been one of the rougher ones - Because of the infection in my finger I've been on an antibiotic for about a week and while antibiotics normally don't bother me, apparently that's not true while pregnant. I've had some heartburn/esophagitis and some nausea which hasn't been fun.  And that has mostly gone away now, but now I'm having a lot of lower back soreness. Hopefully this all passes soon!

Rants/Raves:

Rants - Just ready to be done with my finger stuff. It's so much better, but ready to be off the antibiotic and for it to fully finish healing. 

Raves - This might have been mine last week, but my older daughter's room is so close to being done and I'm so excited - both because it's so cute (even though the room is tiny) and because it means I'm closer to being able to set up the nursery. 

Questions: None right now

GTKY: What is your favorite random fact?  I literally had nothing for this...so I googled some and I liked this one - Competitive art used to be an Olympic sport. 
  • kbru88kbru88 member
    EDD / Weeks + Days: June 15th / 28wks, 2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 6thTM 

Baby is the size of a (an): bowling pin 

Team blue/pink/green: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: today! I am trying to get blood work and glucose done this afternoon. Them an ultrasound late afternoon, followed by an appointment. 

How are you feeling?: my feet are starting to consistently swell every night. Heartburn is starting to be an expectation especially after eating tomato based foods. I'm always tired 😭

Rants/Raves: my eldest just turned 13 yesterday! It has been very bizarre experiencing teenage angst alone with terrible twos.... And soon adding in newborn stage 😅. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What is your favourite random fact? That you carry your baby's dna inside of you for the rest of your life. That and if you have a girl, you technically are carrying part of your future grandbabies, since the eggs are formed while girls are still in the womb. 

@maggiemadeit sorry about the placenta previa. Luckily everyone is aware, and they can keep you and baby girl safe.  And yes, stay in June birth month! 

@curlyandpreggo I hear you on the size variations! I'm always scratching my head trying to figure out the reasoning lol. And yay to finishing your order girls room! I'm sure she is excited.
  • @maggiemadeit I am sorry the placenta hasn’t moved. But glad you have made it to 3rd trimester and hopefully baby girl in content to stay in there a bit longer. We definitely want you to stick around in June even if you end up having a May baby. She will always be a honorary June 2024 baby!!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 28 weeks

Baby is the size of a (an): eggplant?

Team blue/pink/green: Blue 

Upcoming Appointments: 03/27

How are you feeling?: I’m starting to feel more aches and pains during my active days. It may be time to invest in a belly band. 

Rants/Raves: We celebrated our daughters first birthday! It’s been a wonderful year of firsts and milestones. I hope that she loves being a big sister. 

Questions: Any tips on how to help LO adjust to a little sibling? Also our daughter will be getting her own room soon. I feel so nervous. Our home isn’t the best lay out for raising small kids. So she will be upstairs, while our bedroom is on the main floor. Do you guys have any suggestions for safety devices to keep her safe? 

GTKY: What is your favourite random fact? 
  • @jrose424 Some of the best advice I got that really helped with the transition for my daughter was to include her in baby care and to let her know verbally that she was still first sometimes. We always attend to the baby first, and it can make older kids feel second best. So I would make a point of at least once a day when the baby was fussing, to say out loud to the baby something like “baby, you have to wait now, I’m helping big kid right now”. We also made sure she felt included and praised her when she helped. If she would fetch me a diaper I would say “thank you big kid. What a big help to the family!” 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: June 1st 30+3

Baby is the size of a (an): zucchini  

Team blue/pink/green: 💚

Upcoming Appointments: dr and chiro on April 12

How are you feeling?: heartburn, hemmroids, and now a pinched nerve in my back… feeling great! 🥴

Rants/Raves: rant - my husband has had to leave early for work almost every day the last two weeks leaving me to get myself and our 17 month old ready for work/daycare on our own and it just makes me start my day tired/rushed 
    rave - moved our son into his new room on the weekend! He was in a crib but I wanted to move him to his floor bed well before baby comes so he can get used to it. It’s going well so far!

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favourite random fact? Did you know it’s common for one twin to be left handed and one twin to be right handed?
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 6/18, 28 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: third

Baby is the size of a (an): coconut

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: I did my glucose test yesterday. Going back in 2 weeks for a checkup and growth scan.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. My energy has been down since I had the flu weekend before last.. it may not come back since I'm in the third tri now.

I've also been emotional @maggiemadeit

Rants/Raves: Both of my kids are about to start rec league baseball. My oldest has played before, but this is the first time for us to deal with 2 schedules. I have regrets after looking at our calendar and realizing we're going to be spending many weeknights over the next 2 months at the ballfields from 5:30-8.

Rave: I really appreciate Unisom for helping me sleep all pregnancy. I had awful insomnia with both of my previous pregnancies.  

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favourite random fact? There's American flags on display on Main Street at Disney World, but the flags have flaws, like an incorrect number of stars or stripes, so that they don't have to be taken down every evening. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• kbru88kbru88 member
    @jrose424 make sure to spend one on one time with her once baby is here. And like Maggiemadeit said include her in the care. Maybe have a special baby doll she can take care of. I always have gifts for my kids from baby when they first meet the newborn. And they pick out a gift to give baby when they first meet the newborn as well.