Infertility

Introducing myself (loss mentioned)

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but not new to infertility. I am a 38 year old woman and I started my fertility treatments 3 years ago after about a year of TTC naturally. I got pregnant with my first IUI in 2021 but that ended in an MMC at 9 weeks. After 3 more unsuccessful IUIs, we decided to try IVF. We were hopeful but little did we know that it would take us so long. Now about 3 years later, after 3 egg retrievals, 2 embryo transfers, 1 biochemical and 1 anembryonic pregnancy, here I am with nothing to show for it. My latest embryo transfer in December was the anembryonic that I just mentioned. After this one, I am feeling so incredibly lonely that I felt like I needed to share with someone other than DH. I am happy to here. 

Thank you folks! 

Re: Introducing myself (loss mentioned)

• edited April 15
    Hi there.
    I am new here too but just wanted to say I get it. I’m 36, and have had multiple losses now at various stages and almost three years of IVF so I feel like I’m at a very similar stage to you. And it can be so saddening and isolating. I’m sorry to hear of your struggles and how you are feeling. It just plain sucks, I’m not sure there is a right way to cope either. Sometimes it’s just survival mode and that’s good enough. Sending you good vibes and hoping things start going your way. M