Weekly Discussion Thread 3/17-3/23

How are ya’ll doing out there?

EDD:

Next appointment:

questions/gratitude/complaints: 

Re: Weekly Discussion Thread 3/17-3/23

• EDD: 11/4

Next appointment: 3/25 (FINALLY) 

questions/gratitude/complaints: Feeling grateful my nausea isn’t super bad although the food aversions are at their peak. Making cheesy garlic pull apart bread tonight and I’m pretty excited about it.
  • mitchipmitchip member
    EDD: 11/21

Next appointment:  4/4 (first ultrasound!!)

questions/gratitude/complaints: I'm SO tired. The other day I had to leave work and had a three hour nap. I've been having cat naps on my lunch break to make it through the day. Current safe foods are cheese and pickle sandwiches, cottage cheese (pasteurized) and perogies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m 6 weeks along in my first pregnancy and the food aversions are the worst! The thought of food is unbearable…unless it’s French fries. Thanks @mitchip for the perogies idea. Potatoes are the only food working for me right now, so that actually sounds ok!
     I’m thankful for this group and for a pregnancy that I never thought would be possible. looking forward to my first appointment on 4/3. 
  • EDD 23rd Nov

I'm not feeling too bad. I've got some nausea but it's early days so I'm expecting that to start ramping up in the next week. I had aversions to sweet food in my other pregnancies and that's beginning to start. 

I'm just constantly thirsty and needing to pee more, that's definitely my earliest symptom. That started at about 10dpo. 
  • mitchipmitchip member
    Not sure if anybody else is worried about iron levels but I bought a portable blender and it’s been a godsend for getting some nutrients in my system. 
    Bananas, strawberries, spinach some sunflower butter and whatever else you can think of. 
  • That's a great tip! Thank you!

I'm doing ok. Very nauseous and also very tired, but also already very much in love. 🥰 I have to eat every hour to avoid throwing up, and I sleep a lot. Naps of 2 hours, plus 10 hours of sleep a night. 😂

My next appt is March 26. We're going in for a peak inside. ❤️
  • EDD: November 29

Next Appointment: March 25th for 2nd beta hcg test 

I’m definitely feeling the need for long cat naps right now, and I’m peeing constantly. We got pregnant through donor egg IVF, so we’ve got a few extra steps of testing, and after two prior losses I definitely have a constant hum of anxiety as well. Today was the first beta test which came back at a whopping 223, so that was very reassuring. I found out I was pregnant on my partner’s bday, and with IVF babies often coming early, this little bug may come on mine! 💕
  • millivanilliemillivanillie member
    edited March 24
    EDD: 11/24

Next appt: 4/5. This will be my first appt

Questions: I’m 4w6d and my beta hcg on Thursday was 5,757. Could this mean twins?

Gratitude: I’m thankful for the support of my husband, my few close friends who give a listening ear to my pregnancy musings, and for family who will find out we are pregnant on Easter

Complaints: I can’t stop peeing and I think the pregnancy hormones are making me anxious. I’m hoping this feeling calms down and creases completely
  • Hi moms!

EDD: 11/5

Next Appointment: 3/27 (will be my second ultrasound to confirm growth and viability)

Question: Has anyone else been experiencing shortness of breath already? I feel like I’m out of breath doing the smallest things!

Graditude: I am grateful that baby appears to be growing well and my nausea isn’t too bad! 

Complaints: First trimester tiredness along with this shortness of breath are really slowing me down. I planned to stay active throughout this pregnancy, and I’ve barely worked out. Trying to give myself grace, but I feel like I’m not doing enough!
  • mitchipmitchip member
    @shakespeareaddict we also got pregnant through donor egg ivf! 
  • @mitchip Yay! This was our first transfer. I’m going in for my second beta hcg test today, but so far little baby seems to be sticky. Looks like you’re due a day before my birthday and about a week before this baby!
  • mitchipmitchip member
    We had a hard road. This is our second donor and the last embryo we have from her 😭

wish you high numbers for your hcg!! 
  • @mitchip 2nd hcg more than doubled so we are on our way! Now the agonizing wait for the ultrasound begins. I don’t know about you, but at 4.5 weeks I am suddenly so exhausted, my boobs are hurting, and the exhaustion is REAL! We have had a pretty long and bumpy road to get here, and an MA who has been part of much of it drew my second hcg. He fully cried and wrapped me in a bear hug when I got there - it was really lovely. Sending you wonderful thoughts and baby dust!