EDD / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a (an):

Team blue/pink/green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What were you a nerd about as a kid/teenager? I.e. into anime/horse girl/show tunes and musical theater?

Re: Weekly check in 3/11

• HGRichHGRich member
    EDD 5/9, 31+4

TTM

Baby is the size of an asparagus (4lbs at his last ultrasound)

Team blue 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow is my first weekly BPP. Hoping this kid aces all of his like his brother did. 

Feeling: I slept great last night for the first time in awhile. The weather is lovely. My fasting number was great. I’ve had two bowel movements a day for a few days. 🤣 I feel good. 

Rave: my maternity photos went great. Can’t wait to see them. 

GTKY: I was absolutely an obsessive horse girl. I owned 100 model/toy horses at one point. But was too poor to actually ride or have lessons. I also spent my middle and high school years as an obsessive Lord of the Rings fan. And then I went on to join fan art communities, namely The Lion King and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. To be fair though, I made friends there that I’m still friends with as an adult and one of them made me a gorgeous quilt when my daughter was born. 
  • virtaurvirtaur member
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 5/2 33 weeks!

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a (an): celery 

Team blue/pink/green: pink💗

Upcoming Appointments: 3/20

How are you feeling?: I wish I had more energy! But overall I can’t really complain. Baby girl has be relatively good for mama 😂

Rants/Raves: I’m working on decluttering/organizing our room. It was so chaotic when my son was a newborn so I definitely want it to be less stimulating for myself when we have her with us. I also have to somehow round up all my son’s toys in his room so that I can maybe get him sleeping in there. That’s going to be a hard adjustment 🙃
    one of my gfs is 37 weeks already! I can’t wait to see when the babies will arrive. 

Questions: nah

GTKY: What were you a nerd about as a kid/teenager? I.e. into anime/horse girl/show tunes and musical theater?
    @hgrich we were very similar it seems like! Haha I went through a lot of phases. Horses/animals/dinosaurs, LOTR, Disney movies, anime/cartoons, drawing(I wasn’t good lol) video games, online RPG, acting. I loved pretend play! 
  • Loading the player...
  • HGRichHGRich member
    @virtaur yeah to be clear I was not particularly talented with my art either. Lol. My 6 year old has more natural talent than I ever did. I struggle with visualization and face blindness so facial expressions and angles were hard for me. 
  • virtaurvirtaur member
    @HGRich I think it’s so fascinating how people are born with natural artistic talent! My bff at the time was very good at drawing and we’d draw together and mine would look so bad compared to hers but I still enjoyed it haha
  • denise_amddenise_amd member
    edited March 12
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 5/23, 29w 4d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM!

Baby is the size of a (an): acorn squash, or a durian lol 

Team blue/pink/green: pink 🩷

Upcoming Appointments: 3/20 for regular checkup

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling pretty relaxed, had a busy weekend doing errands and craft projects for baby shower decor. Baby's starting to take up more room, I have to focus to get deep breaths now.

Rants/Raves: someone complimented me on my NPR socks while I was out grocery shopping and it made my day. I really need to make some local friends lol, I'm so socially starved working full-time remote and being new to the state. In other news, my glucose numbers look good, so I'll be baking more banana bread this weekend to celebrate

Questions: I notified work of my mat leave, and I basically am working until I go into labor. How many moms actually deliver on their due date? For those who already have kids, were you early, late, or right on time?

I was super into reading, loved playing video games with my brother (mostly RPGs, MMOs, or co-operative games), and was a huge anime/manga nerd, which led me to pursue drawing and art, which I now do for a living! I rarely watch anime now, have picked up board games as a hobby, and am slowly getting back into reading :) 
  • HGRichHGRich member
    @denise_amd I had my first at 38+5 and I worked up until 38+3, hoping I’d have at least a week to prep for baby. But nope. Haha. I was actually in prodromal labor on my last day of work and stayed that way for two days, in too much pain to sleep or get anything done. 😬 But it’s so unpredictable with first babies! 
  • virtaurvirtaur member
    @denise_amd I worked at a restaurant so I set my last day of work for when I hit 39 weeks. I wanted some time to rest and make sure everything was ready. At 39+5 I had a few high BP readings at home so I went in that night to start my induction. And he was born 2 days later on his due date. However, I think he would’ve been late if I didn’t get induced. My cervix was so stubborn lol! But I really have no idea 😅 
  • kamikazezoomykamikazezoomy member
    edited March 12
    EDD / Weeks + Days: May 11, 31 weeks + 3 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: first time!

Baby is the size of a (an): Asparagus (or a 1/2 gallon sunny d bottle lol)

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: 3/18, routine as far as i know

How are you feeling?: tired, but pretty good. Getting deep breaths is getting a little harder, still mostly feeling pretty good.

Rants/Raves: I'm definitely getting more absent-minded, which I don't love! and am having trouble finding the energy and motivation for a lot of simple tasks like laundry and grocery shopping.
    We did get the crib put up this weekend,  though, and I really like it, and we got our carseat, too, and while we haven't actually installed it, it feels really well made and the instructions look like installation shouldn't be overly complicated, and I'm really excited about that!

Questions: not right now

GTKY: I'm in good company in this group! lol As a kid, I was definitely a horse girl (but also couldn't afford my own or lessons). In middle school I was really in to Harry Potter and then Lord of the Rings as well. My love of Harry Potter has cooled significantly, but I still love LotR. I did theater in high school, but I don't think I really qualified as a "theater nerd" because I didn't really know any shows beyond the ones we were actually putting on.
  • @denise_amd I don't have first-hand experience, but my best friend was a little late with her first and had to be induced, and my mom makes sure I never forget that I stubbornly made her wait 11 days past her due date for me (and probably would have gone longer if not for induction).  I think it's just different for everybody though. I'm hoping mine doesn't make me wait an additional 11 days!
  • virtaurvirtaur member
    I’m so annoyed…I’m cleaning my son’s room and checked his diaper bag. Well I totally forgot to take out a sippy cup of milk that was in there (from 3 weeks ago 🤢) . It smelled so bad in the whole bag because it leaked. So that’s getting tossed lol! Guess I’ll be using one of the regular backpacks we have for baby girl’s bag now 😅 should be fine! 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: May 8th / 31w 6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a (an): Asparagus 

Team blue/pink/green: Green 

Upcoming Appointments: 3/15 for routine appt!

How are you feeling?: good overall the past week! Feeling calm 😊

Rants/Raves: my dang upper back hurts badly, it's hard to sit for long periods of time. I did see a chiropractor last week and he pointed out my poor posture. Trying to sit up straight with a belly is a challenge lol.

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What were you a nerd about as a kid/teenager? I.e. into anime/horse girl/show tunes and musical theater? As a kid, I loved reading!
  • @pennyandzooey mine is breech too at 32 weeks, going to try a few spinning babies exercises and hope by 36 weeks baby flips 😊
  • @mar11btf good luck 🍀 I am cautiously optimistic that he turned last night. I have a sonogram Friday, so we’ll see 🙏