August 2024 Moms

Flame Free Confessions Friday 3/8

In my first BMB we had a FFC every Friday to let out all things irritating lol! We all know the extra hormones get to us, and sometimes we need to let it out or have a giggle. 

Re: Flame Free Confessions Friday 3/8

• sph97sph97 member
    My FFC would be the 4 loads of laundry residing on my couch! My dearest husband said he was helping me out catch up on laundry. He got it washed and dried, but that’s it 😂 in all seriousness I’m glad it’s clean, I got way behind when we got sick. But still. So. Much. Laundry. 😅 looks like I know what I’m doing after work today 🤪
  • My uncle has been in the hospital with a bowel perforation. I’m the only person with any medical background in the family so people are calling me CONSTANTLY to ask questions about his care. During work, while I’m making dinner, while I’m getting the kids in bed, while I’m sleeping. I’m like can we please streamline this to one or two calls per day. Thankfully he’s scheduled to get discharged tomorrow
  • Loading the player...
  • My 14 month old has started throwing hissy fits for no apparent reason and it is stressing me out because I don’t know how to help her or get her to understand how to deal with her emotions. And I know this is fairly normal but still stressful! 
  • I Doordashed garlic knots from Papa John's at 10pm tonight.  It.  was. amazing. 
  • sph97sph97 member
    @theneno1012 so sorry to hear about that! Hopefully they start limiting their phone calls! 
  • sph97sph97 member

@beesgirls I read a book or blog or something when my son was that age and it mentioned telling them their feelings. He was quiet attached to me often and had big feelings when I had to do anything and I would just say “oh I see how upset this makes you but sometimes Mama has to do XYZ maybe you can try this” or “I see how mad you are about XYZ but we can’t … but you can do …”
    I know it sounds silly but the theory was to express to them what they are feeling and redirect, I don’t know at all if he actually understood me or if it worked but it made me feel like I was doing *something* now it’s just a habit and we’re diving into the terrible two tantrums 😅 
  • @sph97 thanks I’ll definitely try that!