Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o Mar 4

**This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):

How are things going?:

Any questions?:

GTKY: Do you believe in soulmates?

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o Mar 4

• Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): Benched

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Testing and home study 

How are things going?: H is taking way longer to do his paperwork than I did, so now I’m just waiting on him so we can schedule the home visit part of our home study. So I’m kind of annoyed with him, but I’m hoping he finishes it today.

Any questions?: Nope

GTKY: Do you believe in soulmates?
    No. I think that it’s much better to believe everyone chooses to who be with, not that there is only one person out there who we are “meant” to be with.
  • Diagnosis (if you've been): low Amh, APS, old age

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): benched until after heart surgery. It’s scheduled for the 15th and they said probably 30 days after that they’ll clear me for pregnancy 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): we got the insurance approval in place for our IVF cycle hopefully in April! Approval came through yesterday. 

How are things going?: nervous about the surgery. But I’m hopeful it will improve my quality of life long term. 

Any questions?:

GTKY: Do you believe in soulmates? Yes, but not that there is only one. More like someone who your soul recognizes a connection with on a deeper level vs a “other half.” 

• Loading the player...
  • @britters314 is the home study for the embryo adoption or moving forward with fostering to adopt? I know you had talked about both options and I’ve been MIA

• @charmedlifex3 It is for embryo adoption. We already did a home study for fostering several years ago, but it was out of date, so we need a new one for the embryo adoption.
  • Ahh that makes sense! I didn’t realize you had to do all that for embryo adoption! 

• I think every program has different requirements. If it’s done through a clinic’s in-house embryo donor program, they likely wouldn’t require a full home study. But a lot of doctors require psych counseling before using donor material (eggs, sperm, or embryos), so I think any way it’s done there are some hoops to jump through.
  • @britters314 If you have strategies for getting a husband to get around to things in ways that don’t get labeled as nagging or build resentment, please share 🙃

@charmedlifex3 Congrats on the IVF approval! That’s a huge step forward, and April is just around the corner. It’s actually kind of wild to me that you only need 30 days of recovery from heart surgery before TTC 😳 Will be thinking of you next week!

Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TBD

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): PGT testing 

How are things going?: Still waiting for PGT-M/PGT-A test results, ugh. Learned today that it took nearly a week for my biopsies to get from my clinic to lab accession (but nobody’s fessing up as to why…), so still hoping for answers by Friday but probably gonna be in the dark until Monday. And then we’ll have to decide whether to proceed with an FET or go for another retrieval, which would kick off late next week. I just want to know what’s next!!

On a positive note, though, I have the most amazing nursing team at my clinic 💛 I think they heard the panic in my update portal message because one of them actually called me to reassure me that things would be ok and I won’t have to sit out a cycle. So grateful to find the humanity in what can seem like such a sterile clinical environment.

Any questions?:

GTKY: Do you believe in soulmates? Nope. I believe compatibility and chemistry are real and definitely shrink the pool of who we are attracted to and/or love, but ultimately I think lasting relationships are about growing together and repeatedly choosing one another.