June 2024 Moms

Healthy Habits - March

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit! 

What is your health goal? 

What are you doing to achieve your goal? 

What’s a health win you want to share from this week/month?

Did you have a favorite workout or healthy recipe from this week/month?

Re: Healthy Habits - March

• Hi! I just want to move as much as possible as I really think that helped me have an easier pregnancy and labor last time around. Definitely harder to do this time around though! My goals are to walk every day (which is usually pretty easy because I walk my daughter to daycare and we have a dog), to go to prenatal yoga once a week, and to get in some other type of workout three days a week. I've been failing hard at the last one, so hoping I can turn things around in March. 
  • maple1422maple1422 member
    edited March 6
    @curlyandpreggo how is the prenatal yoga going? I wish I had the motivation to set time aside for myself to go to a studio, but I just end up squeezing it in in the middle of my workday when nobody else is home.

What is your health goal? Lose the pooch - this seems counterintuitive to lose weight while pregnant, but it's not about the number on the scale, it's more about body composition for me. My bump was so cute with baby #2, but this time I have some leftovers hanging around under my bump, and I just don't love it. 

What are you doing to achieve your goal? Not buying junk food for the house, cutting down sodium, drinking water and getting outside!

What’s a health win you want to share from this week/month? We have been spending afternoons outside together as a family for the past week! I love doing the boring stuff together, like cleaning up the evidence that we have a dog, and digging up poky patches in the middle of the grass. It's not exciting or glamorous but it keeps us moving and keeps the yard nice for kids to run around in. We've been walking around almost aimlessly in the backyard planning out where to put a raised garden.

Did you have a favorite workout or healthy recipe from this week/month? I haven't done much working out lately, mostly I just want to be up and about. My favorite healthy recipe from this week is the dinner we had Monday and Tuesday. Grilled chicken thighs, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob! I'm very excited to grow corn for the first time this year, so we can freeze our own cobs to eat next winter. In the meantime however, I found out you can buy frozen corn cobs at the grocery store to grill all year long! Who knew?