EDD / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a (an):

Team blue/pink/green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could splurge on one item or service with cost not being a factor (baby related or otherwise), what would it be? 

Re: Weekly Check-in w/o 2/25

• Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: June 14 / 24+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Baby is the size of a (an): cantaloupe

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: Seeing my OBGYN on Thursday

How are you feeling?: Overall feeling pretty good. Baby girl wedged herself into some crazy position over the weekend that had my bump sore to the touch for 2 days! How can a 1 pound baby cause that much pain??? 

Rants/Raves: I am freaking out a little bit about how close to baby time we are coming! When I opened the app and it said 16 weeks to go I panicked. I know it's even less time for us (she'll be a scheduled c section between 36 and 39 weeks) and I am not at all ready. I don't have a name or a breast pump or a bassinet or enough baby clothes or bottles lol. We also need a new car to fit all these children in. Feeling really behind the game! 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: If you could splurge on one item or service with cost not being a factor (baby related or otherwise), what would it be? House cleaner, without question. I am planning to hire someone for the first 4 weeks after baby to come in once a week. I'll be recovering from a c section and won't be physcially up to it, and I know I'll be grumpy as hell when my husband doesn't clean anything for weeks lol. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: June 8 / 25 + 2

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a (an): Cauliflower

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: March 8 midwife appt and glucose test

How are you feeling?: Relatively good! No complaints this week :) 

Rants/Raves:

Raves - I finally made a decision on a crib mattress and bought it!

Rant - My husband is travelling the first half of the week, which makes things slightly more stressful than normal (though my daughter is mostly at daycare, so not too bad). 

Questions: None

GTKY: If you could splurge on one item or service with cost not being a factor (baby related or otherwise), what would it be? Oh man - so many things come to mind. We are already lucky to get a house cleaner come every two weeks (worth the money to stop the fights that would occur), but every week would definitely be nice. But the first thing that came to mind was a night nurse for after baby is born. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I'm 100% with you on feeling behind the ball on everything! I'm trying to reassure myself that it is actually a decent amount of time and everything will come together....but the stress about it is hitting for sure!
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 22+4, June 27

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM

Baby is the size of a (an): papaya

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: check up in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: physically I’m feeling really good still, though I am definitely getting bigger by the day. I can feel it in my low back, especially getting up from sitting or laying down. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: had a great ski vacation with the family last week. All the kids loved ski school, and I had a few days to relax. 

Rang: definitely feeling behind on baby stuff for this one. We got rid of most things when we moved last year; all I have is a crib, hiking backpack, and an ergo. So much to buy for this little one. 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could splurge on one item or service with cost not being a factor (baby related or otherwise), what would it be? A night nurse for sure! If my husband has to travel in the first 3 months (which is likely), I may actually look into it for those times. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit I am also feeling very behind on prepping for baby. We also want to get a new vehicle (or maybe two new ones since my husband’s truck won’t fit us all) plus so many basic things like a car seat and stroller. I’m feeling decision overwhelm (and sticker shock at how much it’ll all cost). 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 26+2 June 1st

Baby is the size of a (an): bowling pin

Team blue/pink/green: 💚

Upcoming Appointments: glucose test tomorrow

How are you feeling?: pregnant. Walking is starting to feel harder and I realized I’ve already gained 25 pounds which seems crazy 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant - my 16 month old son is sick with bad chest congestion
    rave - skiing was awesome! I took it easy but the most difficult part was doing up my ski pants over the bump 😂

Questions: anyone else get a weird pain in their vagina? It’s like I feel swollen and pressure at the same time when I walk/move but it’s hard to describe

GTKY: If you could splurge on one item or service with cost not being a factor (baby related or otherwise), what would it be? 
    Either a house cleaner or a new mattress for sure 
  • Options
    sbaby2023sbaby2023 member
    edited February 27
    EDD / Weeks + Days: June 15, 24w + 3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a (an): red cabbage 

Team blue/pink/green: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: I have my glucose test, ultrasound, and 24w appointment tomorrow

How are you feeling?: I am starting to get heartburn and feel really big. I can’t imagine how big I am going to be by the end of this. I am already so winded walking up the stairs at my house, even though I am pretty successful in getting some movement in every day!

Rants/Raves:

Rant: The weight gain has been real the last few weeks. @littlemarshmallow I am so relieved to hear you say how much you have gained. I am at 21 lbs and was honestly freaking out that I have gained too much. It all just started happening so fast! 

Rave: My baby shower is this weekend so I am excited to have some family coming into town and seeing our friends. I was worried I was doing the shower too early but now I am glad we are because I don’t know if I will have the energy for it in a month!

Questions: NATM

I would love to send our laundry out to be done. My husband and I both hate doing and folding laundry and we are going to have more to do once the baby comes. 
  • Options
    @littlemarshmallow Yes! I've been having this. Swollen has been the best way I've found to describe it, but definitely pressure too. I googled it and they said it can be from increased blood volume during pregnancy. 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 6/18 24 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: third

Baby is the size of a (an): eggplant

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: Had a checkup yesterday. Glucose screening in 4 weeks.

How are you feeling?: Good, I have the most energy I've probably had all pregnancy.

I've been having terrible heartburn, and Tums weren't cutting it. My doctor prescribed me some meds yesterday, and so far they're working. 

Rants/Raves: Rave (hopefully): I'm going to a huge pop-up consignment sale tomorrow. Hoping to get most of the larger baby items I need.

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could splurge on one item or service with cost not being a factor (baby related or otherwise), what would it be? Echoing several people above, definitely a weekly housecleaning service.
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    @littlemarshmallow @sbaby2023 Same! I have put on 25 pounds already. I will say that I put on nearly 50 with #1 and 40 with #2. I was exercising and eating well during both pregnancies and my midwives didn’t say a word about it. Both were born healthy and all that weight came off by the time they weaned. I truly believe that some of us carry pregnancy differently than the recommendations, but that doesn’t mean you’re not having a healthy pregnancy. My OBGYN hasn’t mentioned it during this pregnancy and I won’t worry about it unless she’s worried.
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: June 15th / 24wks 3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 6th TM

Baby is the size of a (an): rugby ball

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 29th

How are you feeling?: tired and congested. All my kids are sick with a cold. And I started yesterday. Also catching myself waddling recently!

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: If you could splurge on one item or service with cost not being a factor (baby related or otherwise), what would it be? Definitely cleaning service. Or gourmet chef would be nice...
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: June 18 (24 weeks)

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a (an): A cantaloupe

Team blue/pink/green: Team Pink 🩷

Upcoming Appointments: glucose screening on Friday

How are you feeling?:  Have some ongoing heartburn still but otherwise feeling pretty good.

Rants/Raves: 

Rave - have just started feeling baby girl move around this weekend. With my Anterior Placenta I haven’t been feeling much of anything, but her movements make me so happy! 

Questions: 

If I could splurge on anything I would want a house cleaner, it would make life much easier! 
  • Options
    EDD / Weeks + Days: June 13/24 weeks + 5 days

Baby is the size of a (an): French Press

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Repeat anatomy scan this Friday

How are you feeling?: Huge, lol. I'm bigger earlier with this baby (she's also measuring bigger than my first). Other than heartburn, peeing all night, and restless sleep I'm doing well. This is my favorite stage of pregnancy.

Rants/Raves: It was so warm today! We got up to over 80 today, but tonight it gets down to 25 degrees, so that's nice and confusing. (I'm in St. Louis.) I'm excited to see baby again this Friday for a repeat anatomy scan, but it's also a little worrisome. Baby girl was breech and facing my spine at the last anatomy scan, so they couldn't get all of the images of her heart and spine. Doctor reassured me that it's perfectly normal to go back in and get those images, but PGAL brain is real.

Questions: When are you guys doing a maternity shoot? I never did one with my first, and I think this will be my last chance. Trying to find a photographer is overwhelming, but I know that the clock is ticking.

GTKY: If you could splurge on one item or service with cost not being a factor (baby related or otherwise), what would it be? A personal chef/nutritionist. I would love to have someone take care of our food.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @maggiemadeit Plus one for not being ready. Here's hoping it all magically comes together!
    @curlyandpreggo What mattress did you decide to get?
    @littlemarshmallow Good luck with your glucose test!
    @sbaby2023 Good luck with your glucose test, and have fun at your baby shower!
    @feli14 I also have an anterior placenta, and I'm just now feeling consistent movements. It's the best!
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Options
    @elle-0409 I ended up going with one that was pricier than I was hoping - the Naturpedic Organic Breathable Crib Mattress. I realized I've been really happy with the mattress we had for my daughter and I know the person who handed it down to us did A LOT of research, so I decided to trust her research (and my satisfaction the first time around) rather than continuing to stress over it. I also got a discount for their President's Day sale, which made me more comfortable making the plunge.  

To your question about a maternity shoot, I was thinking I wasn't going to do one (I'd rather do a newborn shoot and can't convince myself both are necessary), but my newborn photographer is doing a mini session thing for mother's day and I'm thinking about doing that depending on her pricing. I'm not sure exactly when she's planning the shoot for, but the idea is you would get pictures by mother's day. I thought it might be a good way to get maternity pictures without officially getting them (and hopefully cheaper)....
  • Options
    @curlyandpreggo Thank you! I'll go check out the mattress. And thank you for the info about the maternity photos. That's a really good idea, I'll have to see what's in my area.
    TTC History
    Started trying June 2018
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022

• Options
    kbtt2022kbtt2022 member
    EDD / Weeks + Days:June 27/ 23+2

FTM/STM/TTM+:3rd

Baby is the size of a (an): large mango

Upcoming Appointments: 1 week!

How are you feeling?: great! 

Rants/Raves: My parents are here visiting  for 3 weeks 💕

Questions: Anyone do a glucola alternative? I was fine with the one I found for last pregnancy (fresh test) and will likely do the same but wondering what others do!

Weekly massage- that comes to my home so I don't have to leave.
  • Options
    kbtt2022kbtt2022 member
    @littlemarshmallow no pain down there but definitely swelling🥴. I had it last pregnancy too. I was relieved things returned to normal postpartum