August 2024 Moms

Single & Pregnant thread

Hi everyone, I see that many of the new moms in here have a significant other or spouse. But I am sure there are some new moms to be in here that do not. I want to start this thread for support for on another and encouragement reasons. I am 27 years old, a first time mommy, and a career woman. My child's father decided to walk away when I was just 10 weeks, I am now 15. It's been quite difficult navigating my emotions and trying to stay strong for my little noodle. So if anyone has any encouragement or advice please drop it below. 💕

Re: Single & Pregnant thread

• I just want to tell you that I think you are so strong and brave. Hold tight, mama. You got this. Do you have a good network of family and friends to support you? Let us know what we can do to come beside you during this time. 
  • cscrzldbgcscrzldbg member
    edited February 29
    I think it is wonderful you took the initiative to start a thread to fulfill a need you see. I hope you are able to connect with similar mothers through it. And know, that you will not be rejected just because your situation may be different from others.

You might also find support in groups/forums in which a spouse or significant other is gone, either temporarily as in a deployment or type of work schedule, or more permanently, i.e. death. Some challenges of single parenting are temporary while others are much more long-term but challenges are still challenges regardless of the circumstances leading to them.

Okay, bowing out now to watch from the rafters. Sending lots of (((hugs))) to you and all the mamas.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both so much! I do have support but my family is 8 hours away from me. I'm in the military, so it kind of makes this process a bit lonely for me. However, I'm pushing through for my little girl and trying to find happiness within myself.