Questions:
GTKY: What's your favorite food?

Re: Weekly check in 2/19- 2/25

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 16+2 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a (an): 🥑

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: 2/28

How are you feeling?: Better! If I don’t eat too late nausea isn’t bad in the eve. Mornings are hit or miss.

Rants/Raves: DH and I got into yesterday morning. Not like us to bicker but we’ve had a lot on our plate. I think he realized how silly his reason for being upset was when I broke down a few things for him, and he was a huge help yesterday getting DS room organized and his closet, and even doing the dishes! It was nice sharing the work load. 

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite food?
    Pancakes lol. My husbands makes the BEST buttermilk pancakes! I’ve been craving them, he did make them for me the other day I was so excited. 
    Most comfort food is a go to for us. For example tonight where having kilbaska (I think that’s how to spell it), mashed potatoes, and green beans. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 14 + 4
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM + bonus son
    Baby is the size of a (an): a nectarine
    Team blue/pink/green: pink
    Upcoming Appointments: Thursday 
    How are you feeling?: so much better.  Right before 14 weeks I stopped throwing up.  Still get nausea but it is MUCH more manageable.  I can actually eat dinner and be with the fam! I'm still tired but I'm on cloud nine that I'm not sick all the time. 
    Rants/Raves: Rant: I don't like clothes shopping but I really need some maternity things. I prefer online shopping so hoping I can pick out a few staples.  Rave: I'm feeling better and it makes me feel like a new person!
    Questions: anyone get anxious before every doctor's appointment? I'm always scared that something will go wrong. 
    GTKY: What's your favorite food? I love Indian food but have not successfully replicated it at home.  Mostly I like food that someone else cooks (I'm the primary cook at our house so that rarely happens). Sheet pan bibimbap is delicious from NYT cooking.  
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 14+1

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Baby is the size of a (an): peach

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: had one today and now nothing until the anatomy scan on 4/9

How are you feeling?: pretty good! Enjoying this second tri. I’ve got anemia this time around which has me a little worried but everything with baby is still looking good so far. 

Rants/Raves: scored some Ghirardelli caramel hearts for 70% off at target today. They may or may not be gone already

Questions:

GTKY: What's your favorite food? Favorite type of cuisine is Italian. I love to make a homemade pasta or gnocchi with a homemade Italian bread loaf. So good. Also, all the French fries!!! 

@lexilougolden yes, I do get anxiety before appointments especially if lab work is involved. I have pretty bad health anxiety though so little things can send me spiraling. And as for maternity clothes I got some basic pieces on Amazon and so far everything I got has been good quality. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 16 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a (an): an avocado 

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow 2/20

How are you feeling?: great, minus my cold

Rants/Raves: I’m usually pretty healthy, but I’ve gotten a cold twice since getting pregnant! Luckily DH has been making dinners while I don’t feel great.

Questions: when did you all tell work? Our annual bonus/raises get calculated by the end of feb so I’m waiting til early March 

GTKY: What's your favorite food? I could eat Mexican food all day every day. 

@lexilougolden - Yes! Every appointment I get terrified and hold my breath until they tell me his heartbeat is good and strong. Sending you peace until you get through your appointment this week!
  • edited February 20
    EDD / Weeks + Days: 16 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4thTM

Baby is the size of a (an): avocado

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan on 3/8

How are you feeling?: good overall, some minor headaches and still wanting to go to bed early, but decent energy levels during the day.

Rants/Raves: none

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your favorite food? I don’t have one specific favorite food, it really depends on my mood, but I tend to gravitate towards Asian food (Chinese, Thai, Indian). Lately I have been wanting tacos/burritos/chili a lot though.

I definitely get anxious before every appointment too!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 13+4
    FTM/STM/TTM+: STM
    Baby is the size of a (an): 
    Team blue/pink/green: peapod
    Upcoming Appointments: today
    How are you feeling?: I'm feeling good and happy to hear that other people's nausea is fading. I'm excited to be almost done with the first trimester.
    Rants/Raves: Our household has recovered from covid but I've added an extra few workdays on this month to make up for the lost time. I'm very tired and ready for my schedule to go back to normal next month.
    GTKY: What's your favorite food? I love a good wood fired pizza.

@feelinchubby824 I had spotting with my first pregnancy around week 11 and 12 and had a perfectly fine pregnancy with a healthy baby. My full scan I had at around 20 weeks showed that I have a bi-lobed placenta and that was probably the source of the bleeding. Though it was a tad nerve-wracking to not know between those scans, I couldn't have done anything about it anyway. My OB was very supportive during those weeks and answered all my questions. 

@kelsey_nach We have a photo board at work in our break room on which people from the office post pics. I snuck an ultrasound pic up with our due date when I hit 12 weeks and waited for people to notice over the next few days. My office manager knew we were going through IVF already because of the appointments we had to plan around. I had a temp come in during my first pregnancy's maternity leave and it looks like we'll be able to get the same temp for this one.

@lexilougolden I get anxious every time. Sitting in the waiting room, especially if they are running behind, makes me antsy.
  • @lqbtqmommy hope your extra workdays go by quick. I know how they are always great in theory until it comes time to actually do them. Hoping they are speedy and you can get back to your normal routine soon :smile:
  • edited February 22
    Extra workdays can indeed feel like a hurdle, but your encouragement means a lot. Here's to getting through them swiftly and smoothly, and returning to the regular routine before you know it! kids chair https://www.beanbagsrus.com.au/kids-bean-bags
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 16w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3TM

Baby is the size of a (an): avocado

Team blue/pink/green: pink!!

Upcoming Appointments: none this week, till 3/12 

How are you feeling?: feeling grateful for everything, headaches still come & go but i feel like i’ve been able to get over them quicker so they’re been easier to ignore. we still can’t believe we’re having a girl, every time we talk about her i stop afterwards and think “did i just say HER??” 

Rants/Raves: raves - we have an exciting trip to mexico next month! we love going so i know it’s gonna be so much fun, especially my 5yr old, he can’t wait! rants - my anatomy scan appt lands on the same week we’ll be in mexico so i’ll have to reschedule to a further date 😔 

Questions: none

GTKY: What's your favorite food? my mom’s chicken with green salsa tamales. one of a kind, a true delicacy 😋