EDD / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Baby is the size of a (an):

Team blue/pink/green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you watch sports? Did you play any growing up?

Re: Weekly Check-in w/o 2/18

• EDD June 28
    21 weeks and 2 days

Baby is size of a carrot!

Team Blue— name is Axel Brent!!

Next appointment is March 11&13

How are you feeling- in need of advice and encouragement.

Rant/Raves/Advice- 
    So I had my anatomy scan done and they scheduled me for a second because they couldn’t see a stomach and they seen small amount of fluid around both kidneys and then also they thought I may have marginal cord insertion. Good news and slightly bad news. Good news is the fluid around the kidneys is small enough that they aren’t too concerned and the possible marginal cord insertion isn’t as far over that it’s not categorized as marginal but is off to the side significantly. The not so good news is that while they didn’t see a stomach the first time the second time there was very little to no fluid. They stated that it could be one of two things the first they said could be that I don’t have enough fluid. They checked and I have plenty of fluids so it’s not that. The second more scary thing is it’s probably that he has what is called tracheoesophageal fistula, which they dumbed down for me as the abnormal connection between your esophagus and trachea.  The esophagus the tube that connects to your stomach and the trachea (windpipe). So because of this they said I’ll have to deliver in Shreveport which is over an hour and half from home for me. On top of that once my son is born he’ll have to undergo emergency surgery to correct the problem. Plus is that 90%-95% of babies survive. Bad thing is my insurance only covers so much!! Praying for a healthy pregnancy and for everything to work itself out the way god intends! This is my 5th pregnancy I have 3 older girls and my four pregnancy was a boy who passed at 25days from SIDS. We tired once more and this is our last I’ve been recommended on not trying again which my boyfriend and I already agreed. I don’t have any family within 500miles and unsure how we’re going to cover the medical expenses. I’m anxious, but I’m hopeful and excited because even though he’ll have to have surgery everything still looks good as for him growing as he should and being on track. If i could ask for prayers, encouragement and possible ways to get extra financial help/support I’m all ears. I’ve already filed with the hospital for financial aid and again only so much will be covered. 
    Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read and giving me help and support during this next stage in life! If anyone would like to donate to Axel Brent’s surgery I have a cash app. If not again prayers and advice is greatly appreciated! 
    Thank you 
    Axel’s Mom
    $cbabin169

Sports- I don’t actually watch sports other than basketball that my youngest daughter participates in. I enjoy watching them but otherwise not so much. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 21+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM

Baby is the size of a (an): carrot

Team blue/pink/green: pink

Upcoming Appointments: check-up at 24 weeks, next ultrasound is at 30-32 weeks

How are you feeling?: really good for the most part, tired in the afternoons/evenings and some mild back pain has started. 

Rants/Raves: rave: I can feel her moving much more consistently the last few days (anterior placenta), going on a family trip today to Whistler (all the kids will be in ski school so I’ll just hang out all day since I was advised not to ski)

rant: I still haven’t told some of my good friends that I’m pregnant yet (they live in my hometown so I don’t see them in person). I don’t know what’s wrong with me. 

Questions: anyone else choosing an elective induction? My midwife said I can pick my date anytime between 39-40 weeks so I’ve been thinking a lot about what day is “best” (I could probably go over 40 but don’t want to). 

GTKY: Do you watch sports? Did you play any growing up? Yes, I enjoy watching sports. My husband and I both like sports, but also agree that we don’t want our days/weekends to revolve around watching them (professional sports that is, not our kids’ sports). I currently watch a ton of gymnastics and dance because that’s what my girls are into. There are several elite gymnasts at our gym so it’s amazing to watch them practice. I played tons of sports growing up and ended up doing competitive cheer in high school. My husband played soccer through college. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: June 15th/ 23wks 2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 6th TM 

Baby is the size of a (an): American football

Team blue/pink/green: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: currently doing my glucose test. Next actual appointment is the 29th I think.

How are you feeling?: gross after the glucose drink. Hoping I pass and don't have to do the drink again.

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you watch sports? Did you play any growing up? I'll watch football but I enjoy soccer more. I actually played soccer for 2 years in high school and another 2 years in college. My position was bemchwarmer lol. Love the sport but I'm not athletic by any means. I did a year of cheerleading in high school because the coach was my mom and I was stuck in school anyway. I was base and actually earned a trophy for most improved cheerleader. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: June 15, 23+2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Baby is the size of a (an): eggplant 

Team blue/pink/green: 💙

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 28th, glucose test and ultrasound 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good right now. Sleeping has gotten a bit harder recently. I went out of town this weekend and sleeping without my pregnancy pillow was rough. My hips and side kept hurting. Excited to be back in my own bed tonight!

Rants/Raves: Rant: My shirts are starting to officially not fit so I started buying some maternity clothes. Also been super emotional recently and self conscious about my body. It’s crazy because I know I have to get bigger But it’s just been hard emotionally now that it’s actually happening

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Do you watch sports? Did you play any growing up? I am not athletic so I didn’t play sports past elementary school. My husband likes to watch football so we watch a lot of college and NFL!
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: June 14th/ 23 weeks 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a (an): grapefruit?

Team blue/pink/green: Blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 26th. The dreaded glucose test

How are you feeling?: Most of the time I feel good. It’s starting to get more difficult to get comfortable at night though 

Rants/Raves: My daughters first birthday is next month. I am so excited to celebrate her. I can’t believe she will be a toddler. It’s so bittersweet to watch her grow. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you watch sports? Did you play any growing up? Not into watching sports. Occasionally I’ll attend a soccer game. When I was young, I played soccer. It was definitely a fun experience. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: June 8 / 24 + 3

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Baby is the size of a (an): Cantaloupe

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: March 7 for midwives + glucose test

How are you feeling?: Well I feel like a broken record, but I think I'm coming down with a bit of a cold. Such is life with a toddler in daycare though. I'm also exhausted after our trip (even though it was wonderful). 

Rants/Raves:

Rave - Our trip to Miami was so much fun, despite having mixed weather. We got in a beach day and still made the best of things even when we couldn't go to the beach as much as we wanted. 

Rant - My housework has stalled and I feel bad nagging my husband about it. 

Questions: I posted this in the big question thread, but didn't get a response, so trying here as well (I just looked back at the Product Spotlight on Cribs, etc. and didn't see any discussion on mattresses and would post this there, but it was so long ago I don't think people would see it) -  Does anyone love their crib mattress? What did you consider must haves? I've seen some people say they LOVE the Newton mattress - is it worth it? We got a hand me down last time so didn't do any mattress research. Thanks!

GTKY: Do you watch sports? Did you play any growing up? I tried to play basketball and volleyball in middle school, but made the "C" team (aka the team that everyone got on even if you were horrible) and was just really bad. My husband watches a TON of sports, so I watch a lot my proxy, but I personally like watching my college football team (Go Longhorns!) and love going to baseball games in person (but find it boring on TV). 
  • @knottie863a0a558aadd441 I'm so sorry you got this news. It sounds super stressful, but that ultimately there is a high chance for good outcomes! I know the financial aspects must add so much additional stress - I'm sorry that is the case. I'm sure you've already thought of it, but many people I know have raised support through Go Fund Me's (and sadly I recently read an article about how they are a big supplement to health insurance and health care in the US). 

@littlemarshmallow I'm dreading the glucose test even with a just fine experience last time. It's no fun - I did research last time on the best things to eat beforehand (and started looking into it again this time) and there are a lot of helpful articles out there. 

@jenEP I know this is your 4th time around, but for whatever reason I've found it so much weirder to tell people I'm pregnant even the second time. I go into work once a week so people can clearly see my bump and some people clearly don't want to ask so I've started just telling them when I catch them looking (or trying to figure out how to ask) - someone very tactfully ask "Remind me, do you have one kid or two?" which was clearly an in for asking. 

@maggiemadeit With you on the struggling with a name. We have a list going, but I'm not sold on any of them. My husband and I have completely different tastes in names and I am apparently very picky, so it took us a while last time too, but it feels impossible this time around. 

@kbru88 Hoping you passed!! 

@sbaby2023 with you on the sleeping without your normal set up while travelling being rough! And there are so many emotions with having your body change (sigh)

@jrose424 Yay for it almost being your daughter's first birthday! How exciting - do you have anything big planned? (For the record, I decided to just do a cake with me, my husband, and my mom because I got overwhelmed by 1st birthday planning)

• @curlyandpreggo I did zero research on crib mattresses with our first, we just bought the mid-price one at the store (there were 3 options). Having the newborn and toddler sides is nice as well as a washable cover! 
  • @curlyandpreggo I barely passed! I was at 132 and the threshold is 139. But I also have very low Red blood cell count and a few other things that point to me being anemic. And anemia can make false high glucose tests. So I'm thinking that's why it was on the high end this time. My results match my previous pregnancy in 2016, that I was diagnosed anemic.... So guess I'll be needing to take some iron supplements.
  • @curlyandpreggo our baby #4 was a really bad sleeper and so we tried upgrading the crib mattress to memory foam. The difference was amazing. Went from 20 minutes spurts of sleep to sleeping through the night. 
    We got the Graco Premium crib and toddler mattress off of Amazon. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: June 18 (23 weeks)

FTM/STM/TTM+:  FTM

Baby is the size of a (an): Grapefruit

Team blue/pink/green:  Team Pink 🩷

Upcoming Appointments:  Feb 27 OB appointment

How are you feeling?: Today is my first day in a while that I haven’t had heartburn.

Rants/Raves:  

Rant- why do so many stores only offer their maternity clothes online. I love feeling material and trying things on, so this is super frustrating. 

Raves- had a great family day weekend 

Questions: 

I played baseball and badminton growing up. Don’t play anything now. But I like going to sporting events in person. 
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 6/18, 23 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: third

Baby is the size of a (an): Chinchilla

Team blue/pink/green: green

Upcoming Appointments: regular check up on 2/26

How are you feeling?: Heartburn is wicked right now

Rants/Raves: Rant that my 7 year old had strep over the weekend; rave that no one else in the house caught it.

Questions: 

My dad was a football coach and so is my husband, so we watch a lot of football. We live in a college town and usually go to several games in the fall. My 7 year old loves playing every sport he's tried so far (flag football, soccer, baseball, basketball), so I've got lots of sports mom watching in the future.

I was a cheerleader in high school, but I went to a tiny school, so there was little to no competition to make the squad.. I'm not athletic at all.  :D
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 6/9, 24+5

FTM

Baby is the size of a (an): ear of corn

Team blue

Upcoming Appointments: 24 wks (2/19)

How are you feeling?: pretty dang good 🙃

Rants/Raves: loving this sweet spot in 2nd trimester 

Questions: why is it so hard to choose all the products?!!

GTKY: Do you watch sports? Did you play any growing up? Nope X2