August 2024 Moms
Options

What made you cry today? (Light Hearted)

I’ll cry every now and then at movies. 

But here I am at work about to tear up over a TikTok of a teenaged boy finding a book he really liked at a book fair. 

I know it’s hormones and everyday I’ve been tearing up over something so small. What about y’all? What’s something that pulled at your heart strings today that would never cause you to cry prior to pregnancy.

Re: What made you cry today? (Light Hearted)

• Options
    I don't cry much normally but during pregnancy just looking at my almost 2yo will make me sniffle.
  • Options
    Plants made me cry. Just thinking about how beautiful they are
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My absent-mindedness secondary to pregnancy hormones made me cry today. It took me at least four attempts before I actually got our dinner order submitted. My poor hubby 😭😂😭
  • Options
    sph97sph97 member
    This morning I cried while watching Bluey’s new episode “Cricket” about Rusty. Definitely pregnancy hormones but I hope our son is as sweet of a brother as Rusty! He’s definitely one of our favorites from the show lol. 
  • Options
    This morning I cried watching the Grammy performance of Tracy Chapman and Luke Combs. Needless to say, I’ve been very sentimental this entire pregnancy lol
  • Options
    @kelsey_nach to be fair I think a lot of people cried watching that. It was such a great performance and very moving 
  • Options
    My toddler just turned 2. 😩 He looks at me and says "it's okay mommy" every time I gag/groan. He's such a sweetheart and I can't believe he's growing up this fast.  
  • Options
    Watched a YouTube short of kindergarteners learning to memorize their parents phone numbers. When they succeed, they get to go to the principal's office and call their parents.

The video was of a little guy calling his dad. It was the sweetest thing. The little guy was absolutely adorable when he heard his dad. And there was so much pride in dad's voice telling his buddy good job.
  • Options
    I thought about pizza. Balled my eyes out 😂😂
  • Options
    MinnieMay9MinnieMay9 member
    I saw a video of a guy who was yelling because an airline lost his 4 dogs, then the water works started when they were all reunited a few days later.
  • Options
    cscrzldbgcscrzldbg member
    Was watching Battleship with the kids last night. The scene sequence when the Vets step up ask "What do you need, son?" gets me every time. 

It's one of my favorite movie scenes. It brings to mind all the Vets I've known and met. The director let the men be themselves in those scenes because that really is exactly how they act and talk. Lol, even the old French and Britich vets.

Plus, the little short Vet reminds me of a Vietnam Vet friend who was closer than most family. He passed away 6 years ago now. Sturdy and short but spunky and full of gristle.
  • Options
    Had a CARE meeting at school for my 9 year old yesterday and kept bawling in the meeting saying they weren’t hearing me or listening to me. So frustrating and embarrassing 
  • Options
    fanciefanfanciefan member
    The View was on in the salon, and they did a make-a-wish for a young lady who has a brain condition since she was young. They made a meet and greet with her favorite actress and her reaction of joy to meeting this person caused me to shed a few tears. Such a precious moment. 
  • Options
    MinnieMay9MinnieMay9 member
    I saw how tiny baby socks are!  How are they so small?