Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Miscarriage pain emotionally

I had a natural miscarriage 9 days ago at 5 weeks 5 days. Our first pregnancy after trying for a year and a half. I’m not spotting the bleeding has slowed down but emotionally I feel numb. Some days I feel hopefully to try again and others I just have no words. I’m heartbroken. This weekend I wore comfy clothes and watch series on Netflix. Praying the days get easier. I know it’s still recent and fresh but can anyone tell me if the days start to get a little better and easier emotionally? Success after a MC? I’m sorry for anyone who has experienced a loss and I truly wish all the baby dust your way. I appreciate any responses.

Re: Miscarriage pain emotionally

• I'm so sorry for your loss, my condolences. Please be kind and patient with yourself while you go through the grieving process. There's no saying how long it will take, but it will get better, so please hang in there. It's a shame we don't hold funeral services for miscarriages, as it truly can feel like losing a child. It might help to create a small private service at home or somewhere you feel safe, in which you (and maybe your partner as well) can give a speech, maybe play some music and even have a symbolic burial. We didn't create those rituals for fun, they can truly help you process your grief.

All of the literature regarding this subject states that having a miscarriage does not influence future success with getting pregnant, especially not if it's your first, so there's no need to worry about future attempts.
  • Thank you so much 
  • Loading the player...
  • Take time to heal and process how you fee is best. I found reaching out to a counsellor who specialized in loss and reading books on loss helped me. My loss was at 13.5 weeks back in early July, 4 days after a healthy ultrasound. I was devastated. Found out we were expecting again in Nov and currently 12 weeks. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • I feel this so viscerally … I have recently lost my first pregnancy at 36yrs old to a miscarriage and it feels like a cruel joke- to be given a child and have it ripped away is the most heartbreaking thing I have ever endured. I am slowly coming back with the grief coming in waves. I am just trying to focus on my health and move forward but I think this experience has fundamentally changed me in a very permanent way. I am so sorry you’re in this too. Sending love.