Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Enfamil AR - Baby hungrier and not sleeping

My son is 10 weeks old. He was on Enfamil Gentlease from 2 weeks old. We were finding that he was spitting up quite a bit during feedings (when we would break to burp) and even hours later. After working with our pediatrician we made the decision to switch to Enfamil AR. They also have him on Famotidine to help with reflux pain. Prior to the switch we had him up to 5-5.5 oz per feed and he was sleeping 6-7 hours at night. Since switching he can only tolerate 4 oz during a feeding but wants to eat again very soon after (usually not making it to the 3 hour mark). He is no longer sleeping through the night and waking every 3 hours. I’m at a loss. I’m happy the spitups have stopped but the constant hunger and lack of sleep have us both in tears. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Enfamil AR - Baby hungrier and not sleeping

• Options
    My son had been on gentle ease and it was also causing him to spit up. We switched to similac sensitive before going to enfamil AR because our ped didn’t want to rush to it. The similac seems to do better with the spitting up. We’re just dealing with his poop transitioning due to the switch.