3rd Trimester
Options

Mental health

Ever since I hit about 18-20 weeks my mental health has just been getting worse and worse. Now that I’m at 31 weeks and 5 days I feel basically nothing but stress because of how I feel. It’s starting to worry me a little given mental health problems run through my bio moms side of the family. I am at a loss of what to do because everyone I know hasn’t had this problem so they can’t guide me on what to do either. Any advice??

Re: Mental health

• Options
    Hey girl! Not alone! I have suffered with anxiety disorder and panic attacks for years before getting pregnant, and for me personally pregnancy hormone changes have been brutal for my mental health. My first pregnancy symptom was depression, then I read about how the hormones can make you feel like that. Honestly not sure I would do this again. Currently 34 weeks and getting strange rage outbursts or intense crying spells. But then some days perfectly fine. Try and stay compassionate with yourself, understand your body is going through something amazing but also very difficult and it’s a process. It won’t last forever and you will eventually be ok 
  • Options
    Please speak to your doctor. They will be able to provide you with resources for the help that you need, whether support groups, therapy, medication, etc.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m having the same issues ! Anxiety and close to panic attacks - I’m 26 weeks right now and the last two weeks have been really intense. My doctors of course recommended monitoring and therapy and acupuncture and massage first but now has given me a script for a low dose antidepressant/SSRI. I’m just so on the fence about taking it … I want to be able to be mentally and physically well for the baby now and after she is born but I also don’t want to do anything to put her at risk. I’ve read a ton and it seems like a very low risk of any effects to the baby but I’m still very on the fence …