Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF testing and treatment w/o Sept 11

**This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ballgame. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):

How are things going?:

Any questions?:

GTKY: favorite personal tradition?

Re: IF testing and treatment w/o Sept 11

• Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): RPL, DOR

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TI

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Letrozole and progesterone

How are things going?: OK. I'm back after a nice break. I'm glad we took the month off, and now I can tell every annoying person who says "just relax and it will happen" that I have tried it, and no, relaxing is not enough to get pregnant >:) . I am really trying to live my best, cleanest, healthiest life these next few months, so that I can really say I gave it my all before I give up, but this is going to require some serious willpower with all that halloween candy coming out so early. Why does it taste better when it's halloween??

Any questions?: NATM

GTKY: favorite personal tradition? I go for a long run by the ocean almost every Sunday. It's one of the only moments of my week that is only for me. I love it. 
  • Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): PCOS 

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): IUI 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): currently in the TWW after our first IUI 

How are things going?: Dying to test but I'm going to wait until my appointment this week to find out if the IUI was successful. Wondering if I'm overthinking things since I feel like my prenatals are making me nauseous, I have a heightened sense of smell, and my hips have been killing me when I get up in the mornings. Coincidence or early symptoms? Driving myself crazy so trying not to jump to conclusions

Any questions?: looking for recommendations for nail strengthening, I think I went overboard with back to back gel and dip manicures so my nails are weak! 

GTKY: favorite personal tradition? I love challenging myself with reading. I have a goal for 45 books this year and also doing the Popsugar 2023 reading challenge. I'm at 35 books so far and I've got some ideas to finishing up the last few categories

@maggiemadeit I've been eating so clean the last few months after my doc told me I have high cholesterol but that Halloween candy might just get me 😅
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @winterecho When is your appt? It’s so hard to be patient, I am impressed you can wait! 

I set a reading goal every year too! 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit it was today but after the blood test they sent me on my way and now just waiting for the nurse to call me. The clinic I went to that's close to work doesn't have a lab on-site so I know they do pickup late morning to take it all to their main location 🫠 I'm just here distracting myself at work until they call me

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @winterecho Keeping it all crossed for you!!
  • Options
    Diagnosis (if you've been): Unexplained

Status (TI/ICI/IUI/IVF/FET/benched): TWW after acupuncture and herbs

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Acupuncture and herbs, next acupuncture session is tomorrow if my period doesn’t start by then

How are things going?: Okay. My temps started dropping the past two days, but then jumped back up today, so idk if the acupuncture and herbs are helping since they are supposed to make my temps stay up. But I was on vacation so maybe that messed it up somehow. Trying not to lose hope just yet.

Any questions?: Nope

GTKY: favorite personal tradition? Hmm, the only personal tradition I can think of that I do is every year before I go to bed on September 30th I play the song “wake me up when September ends”
  • Options
    @winterecho FX!!!
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    @maggiemadeit and @virginiaham thanks for the good vibes! Unfortunately doc said test was negative so I'm supposed to stop progesterone to let my period come so we can plan for Round 2. I'm planning to test at home this weekend just in case since I've got an irregular cycle so who knows if maybe enough time passed

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @winterecho When did you have your IUI? Usually irregular cycles mean your ovulation day varies, but your LP should be pretty consistent. Of course, it still wouldn’t hurt to test this weekend if AF doesn’t start
  • Options
    @winterecho I'm sorry it wasn't better news. I hope round 2 is a success!
  • Options
    I’m just dropping in to update- 
    We did the mexathrate injections on Saturday and Tuesday and all seemed to be going well. Wednesday my hcg had dropped 15%- very normal and a sign this might work! - suddenly yesterday I started passing baseball sized clots and in agony. I’m currently admitted. My RE is working with the obgyn on call here directly to try to support my body through the hemorrhage and hopefully preserve my fertility. The good news I guess is the shots worked. My HCG dropped by more than half in 24 hours. Which is much faster than expected- but this is why they think I am having such a violent physical response. I’ll either go home tomorrow or be transported by ambulance to a bigger hospital in Boston for surgery. Praying to go home!!! 

• Options
    Oh @charmedlifex3, I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I’ll be thinking of you and praying for the best possible outcome ❤️
  • Options
    @charmedlifex3 I’m hoping you’ve made it home!

Putting my update in a spoiler because it’s a bit TMI

So I’m now 17 DPO according to FF (though it is dotted CH so it could be slightly off). My temps are still above CL but not super high and I’ve been spotting for the last 3 days and so far today. The spotting has been light enough that I haven’t even really needed a pantry liner, but it’s brown and yesterday and this morning there have been dark red clots as well. I’ve never experienced anything like this before. Stark white BFN yesterday. I’m thinking it must be related to the acupuncture and herbs. Since it’s brown, it’s old blood, so maybe my uterus is doing a deep cleaning or something and getting ready to be able to house an occupant next cycle.
  • Options
    @charmedlifex3 words are just falling short. I’m hoping for the best for you and praying for close monitoring and wisdom.

@britters314 I hope you have an answer today or tomorrow ❤️
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    @charmedlifex3 thinking of you ❤️

@britters314 hopefully that really is just things clearing out to be ready soon! I had my IUI on Aug 30 and tested again this morning but BFN so just waiting 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    *lurking* and hoping that your condition improves and you get home soon with no further drama, @charmedlifex3
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Options
    @charmedlifex3 Thank you for the update. I’m so sorry you’ve been through this horrible time, but so happy to hear that you and your uterus are home safe now. Wishing you a smooth and easy recovery ❤️