November 2023 Moms
Options

September Randoms

Hey, it’s a new month!

Re: September Randoms

• Options
    @chrissdee I know how scary it can be just being in the hospital waiting, but sounds like your team is taking great care of you both to get Evie out safely! Sending you lots of love and all the best wishes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chrissdee Good luck tomorrow! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. 
  • Options
    Good luck! Sending prayers and good vibes your way🙏🏼
  • Options
    @chrissdee good luck today, I hope all goes smoothly 
  • Options
    @chrissdee - You've got me crying over here! Congratulations!! This just seems like the best possible outcome and I am so happy that you were able to make it for as long as you did. Welcome to the world sweet Evelyn!! 😍🥰 Please take care of yourself mama and know we're all thinking of you. 🩷🩷
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    chrissdeechrissdee member
    edited September 2023
    @UnwritteN12 For sure the best possible outcome!! I’m beyond thankful. There’s still a long road ahead as she’ll be in the NICU for probably at least a month, but she’s definitely exceeding all expectations so far. Dynamite comes in small packages!
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the world Evelyn!! 🥳 I’m so glad it sounds like she’s doing well! Keeping you all in my thoughts! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @chrissdee have been thinking of you and baby girl this week and so glad to see she is here safely with so many things looking good. Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    @chrissdee congratulations! I know it’s been scary and I’m so happy to hear she’s doing so well! 
  • Options
    So at just about 32weeks 'Baby Inca' is still breach...'butt down' in the words of the doctor, with the legs straight out over its head. It makes my back sore just looking at the image lol
    Just wondering if anyone else at or near 32 weeks is breach?
  • Options
    Omg!!! Congratulations @chrissdee !!! How wonderful that she is here safe and sound!! We will be thinking of you both! Great job momma!!
  • Options
    @chrissdee congratulations! I'm so happy to hear that everything is going well with baby Evelyn and she arrived safely. I know it's a long journey ahead, but she sounds like she's in great hands. You guys look wonderful! 
    Third kid: Due 11/6
    Second kid: Dec 2021
    First kid: Sept 2019
  • Options
    @knottiee3a565ac10d4d5f7 my first daughter was breech... butt down and legs straight up like you describe (frank breech)... at 32 weeks, there is still some time to flip (my doctors were concerned once it hit 36 weeks and she hadnt flipped). There are things that you can do to try to encourage baby to flip at this point, like spinning babies if there aren't any contraindications like hbp. A chiropractor certified in webster technique can help. if the baby is still breech at 36-37 weeks, they may offer an ECV where they try to manually flip the baby. Sometimes the babies just dont want to move!

@chrissdee congratulations! i hope things continue to go well. my daughters legs were straight up like that for a week or two after birth until they finally got the message to come down! 
  • Options
    @chrissdee I'm so happy your daughter is here and everything went relatively smoothly! I've been thinking of you lots. She is so precious! I hope she continues to thrive with all the great care and support you both have there! 
  • Options
    @chrissdee delighted you are both doing so well.
    Evelyn is so cute laying like that, just like how she was inside. She is just lovely...well done!

Baby Inca seems to have the legs together, and literally the toes are pointing down the back of the head. It looks sooo uncomfortable and I worry what's going on with the hips and pelvis.

I guess it's just the latest in a long line of things we have worried about. Initially, before this IVF transfer I met the doctor on a zoom call to clarify some things and wire the payment and he said, as long as you know this is a longshot. I asked how long the odds were, and he said all things considered the odds of getting pregnant, staying pregnant and a healthy baby being born were between 3 and 5 percent. So in the overall scheme of things we are blessed to have come this far...32weeks today and everything is right on point. 4lbs 4oz. Everything measuring in the 50 to 55% percentile and momma healthy. The only thing is the position. I guess we just have to sit back and try to relax and let go the anxiety for the next 4 weeks. The trouble is...Baby Inca seems to be doing the same lol
  • Options
    fitandnerdyfitandnerdy member
    edited September 2023
    @knottiee3a565ac10d4d5f7  try not to worry about the hips/pelvis (easier said than done, i know). my daughter was positioned exactly how it sounds inca is. the baby will get a little extra monitoring for hip dysplasia, but our pediatrician told us other than that, there shouldn't be any other lasting issues with the breech positioning... the baby had an ultrasound at 1 month and an xray at 6months. the 6 month xray diagnosed her with hip dysplasia... she wore a brace for a few months to help things get back in place, and all was normal by her follow up xray a few months later. now she gets an xray every 2 years to follow her through her growth, but that's more of a formality than the doctors actually expecting something to show up again after the hip dysplasia already resolved. 

(eta: its also still plenty early for baby to flip around even with the strange positioning now... so you may not need to worry about any of this at all anyway!)
  • Options
    knottiee3a565ac10d4d5f7 I think you have lots of time left for baby to move! They recently found my baby was transverse but they said the wouldnt check again until 36 weeks. 
  • Options
    Guys. I know it's an estimate but this kid is huge. Measuring at 6 lbs 7 oz, 36 weeks. I've got 4 weeks and 6 days to go (but who's counting....)

Also, I'm 40 years old and I always feel like an idiot when they ask if I've had contractions. I'm like 🤷‍♀️, I've never gone into labor so I don't know for sure what contractions feel like.

• Options
    @UnwritteN12 It is crazy you have less than 5 weeks to go. I'm still in denial about having 10 weeks left lol. Some people say early contractions feel like period cramps. Honestly, mine do not. Mine are sharper than a period cramp from beginning to end. Even the early ones make me stop and take a breather, and later ones are a lean on a wall/counter/friend/etc. You're not alone in the never had a contraction boat. A nurse at my old doctor's office had 3 kids (1 single, 1 set of twins), and she had scheduled c-sections for both. She told me once that she had no idea what an actual contraction felt like, so it was always weird when someone tried to describe pain/potential contractions to her during their appointment.
  • Options
    @UnwritteN12 wow! thats an...impressive size. I hope they slow down a bit haha

This will be my third and I haven't ever really feel the early contractions. I've been feeling the Braxton Hicks contractions this go around, which just feels like a lot of tightness. I can only feel contractions once I have pitocin - and those feel like very very intense period/poop cramps to me. 
  • Options
    @UnwritteN12 that's very similar to how my baby 4 was measuring! He was born at 37 weeks exactly and was 7lbs 15oz. I am always so grateful he was born early  :D I can't believe you have less than 5 weeks!!!! @makingbacon I'm also in denial of having less than 10 weeks to go. We haven't done a thing to prepare lol.
  • Options
    @runsoncoffee I started my registry because I’ll need smaller nursery furniture for the closet. Other than that, I’m just sitting over here in denial not doing anything lol. 
  • Options
    @runsoncoffee and @makingbacon thank goodness I’m not the only one who is in denial! We did order a new car seat to try in my husbands jeep bc we’ll need to squeeze 3 across and I started to move DS2’s stuff to DS1’s since they’ll be sharing and the baby will get the small room
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    Nesting has kicked in hard today. Also I think the boy might have dropped. I’ve got less than 7 weeks to go which is crazy 🫠. I’m trying to do all the things today but he is sitting hard on my sciatic nerve, plus these Braxton hicks are feeling like borderline real contractions today. I can’t  get rid of them by changing positions and they have been so intense. They are also somewhat regular while far apart. Got me thinking this might be my only baby to come before their due date 😂. Probably not lol. 
  • Options
    Jk, my doula friend told me that’s prodromal labor 😅. I’ve never experienced that before.
  • Options
    makingbaconmakingbacon member
    edited September 2023
    @Kiek I had prodromal labor with DS3. It was not my favorite. Hopefully it eases up for you soon.

@varimama Which car seat did you get?
  • Options
    @Kiek that does not sound fun, hope it doesn’t last too long for you!

@makingbacon we went with the Graco slimfit3 lx. It was between that and diono radian 3rxt slim fit but we chose the Graco because according to reviews it seemed like it was easier to install and use and also it’s 4” shorter so it’ll give the front passenger seat in the jeep more leg room. Downside is it only rear faces to 40lbs and the diono rear faces to 50lbs. If baby 3 is like DS3 it won’t matter, if he’s like DS1 I’ll be kicking myself bc he hit 40lbs well before 2 years and I had to buy new car seats to keep him rear facing. DH says he’s a freak of nature (still a huge kid, DS2 is totally avg) so he’s betting kid 3 won’t be like him 🤣
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @varimama that's the same seat we decided to go with trying to make 5 carseats fit in our odyssey lol. We haven't actually purchased them yet... waiting for that registry completion discount. 
  • Options
    Needle chicken back here again - gotten pretty “good” at letting them draw my blood. If by good you mean I lay down and cry and look away until it’s over… I get my first rhogam shot this afternoon - has anyone else done it?? Can someone please tell me it will be okay? Hubby is going with me so I’m less likely to find a reason to run away. Holy cow I’m super good at this… 
  • Options
    Ugh. Just found out DD1's math teacher/VB coach (who was at her game last night high fiving and hugging all the girls) has covid. FFS. I kind of feel like i need to get DD1 and myself tested just in case. 

• Options
    @stevieraem I too am a big weenie with the needles. I have to lie down for blood draws and anxiously talk to the phlebotomist like a crazy person. I’ve had many Rhogam shots now. They aren’t too bad. Super quick, stings for a second and then it’s over. I usually say out loud, “I grow whole humans I can handle this” while the needle goes in 😅🫠. Good luck! I occasionally still hyperventilate and cry during needles but I find if I tell the nurse right up front that I’m a big baby and talk to them the whole time, it helps
  • Options
    Good to know Kiek! Thank you! I got out of it yesterday because the doctor wasn’t available due to a delivery and they rescheduled me for Monday. 
  • Options
    @Kiek I love the "I grow whole humans" pep talk. Needles don't bother me, but I'll be using that in the future for things that do scare me.
  • Options
    I’m having a tough time y’all. I haven’t seen my baby girl since Monday evening because I ended up with strep throat and had to stay away for at least 48 hours after getting the penicillin shot (I’m definitely not trying to be that person to take the ick to the NICU). I was all excited to be able to go and see her today. But apparently my maternity leave pay didn’t get put in correctly and after insurance and all I ended up with a $0.00 paycheck. I’m at a total loss at the moment because I don’t have money to put gas in the car to go and see her.
  • Options
    @chrissdee I’m so sorry 😢 I can’t imagine how hard it is not being able to see your little girl! I hope they sort out your maternity leave pay ASAP! Do you have anyone local you could ask for a ride? Maybe even check with a local mom fb group?
    EDD 11/24/23

• Options
    @chrissdee I am so sorry hun. 😞 I hope you are at least feeling better and are able to find a way up there. Sending so many hugs to you mama!