Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Miscarriage 7dpo???

Hey there. My boyfriend and I have been TTC. My last period started on August 6th. My boyfriend and I did the BD daily during my fertile window. The past 2 days I've been feeling pregnant. I can't really describe but I've been pregnant before. No major symptoms but super hormonal, twinges and pinches in belly, pressure in belly and feeling bloated. So I was hopeful for this cycle. However, today, I have started to pass big blood clots and blood. Similar to/more than my regular period- but it's 7 days before my next expected period. I have no symptoms of my period being here. I have no symptoms of a miscarriage other than the blood passing (it's been happening steady for 30 minutes, not even gonna try with a tampon). I called the nurse line to which she said it sounds like I'm having a miscarriage. But I took a pregnancy test this morning and it came back negative. Like as far as i know, im not pregnant, i literally ovulated roughly a week ago. Can a miscarriage even happen this soon? I'd say I'm around 7dpo. I know about chemical pregnancies but she called it an actual miscarriage and I was so confused- I'm starting to wonder if she accidentally misunderstood my story? If I was 7dpo, would I be miscarrying so hard this early that it would be a heavy flow right now of clots? I've read online that it's rare but possible to pass clots when implantation happens. That's what I thought it was when I saw the blood because around right now would be when I implant, I had minor cramps and twinges yesterday in my abdomen thinking it was implantation. Anyways. I just am looking for anyone's knowledge or experience. Thank you

Edit; it's now been an hour since I've made this post and about 20 minutes ago my boobs started throbbing slightly and slowly getting worse. This is not a period-type throb (like deep in my boob, not on the surface when I touch). The clots/blood has slowed down quite a bit.

Re: Miscarriage 7dpo???

• Options

Miscarriages can occur at various stages of pregnancy, including very early on, but it's difficult to definitively determine the cause of your symptoms without consulting a healthcare professional and undergoing appropriate medical testing.

Implantation bleeding can indeed happen around the time of implantation, which is typically 6-12 days after ovulation. This bleeding is usually light and doesn't involve heavy clots. On the other hand, heavy bleeding and passing large blood clots could be indicative of a miscarriage, but it's important to consider other factors as well.

While you mentioned that you took a pregnancy test that came back negative, it's worth noting that tests taken very early after conception might not show a positive result yet. Additionally, if you were around 7 days past ovulation (DPO), it's quite early in the potential pregnancy timeline.

If you're experiencing heavy bleeding and large clots, it's important to consult a healthcare professional, such as a doctor or gynecologist, for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate guidance. They can perform tests to determine if you were pregnant.

If you're concerned about your health and potential pregnancy, it's best to reach out to a medical expert or visit fertility treatment center who can provide you with accurate information.