Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

sleeping in a bassinet

my baby is 6 days old. she’s a great eater, and sleeper when she’s able to fall asleep on me. nights are hard, once we put her down in her bassinet she doesn’t stop crying. she hates being swaddled. any advice? 

Re: sleeping in a bassinet

• Options
    Id keep trying the swaddle!  My son is 8 weeks and hates getting in the swaddle and tried to break out but also slept so much better when swaddled.  Also, 6 days is so new!  It will get better.
  • Options
    We had the same problem and thought our baby hated being swaddled because he wanted his hands out, but our pediatrician said to swaddle him tight and trust it to work and sure enough it did! We went home and swaddled baby and he has slept in his bassinet since then. Definitely trust the swaddle!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby hates traditional swaddle. I let her fall asleep in my arms and SLOWLY transfer her to bassinet with only her underarms and below wrapped. She stays asleep 8 out of 10 tries.
  • Options
    Hello, my son is not even a month old yet. But he loves to be swaddled. It saves me. Or maybe your baby is just hot?