2nd Trimester
Options

Halfway through - back to zero energy. Anyone else?

mpeele1108mpeele1108 member
edited June 2023 in 2nd Trimester
From weeks 14-18 I had rebounded in energy after the first trimester drain. But now approaching 20 weeks, I’m hitting a decline again. I’m talking no strength or energy to scramble eggs or take a shower. Everything is exhausting! Overall just weak, like I could snooze all day. I was hoping the second trimester was the sweet spot, the “honeymoon phase” for energy is what I’ve heard. So a little surprised and mildly concerned I’m back
to these first trimester run down feelings. Anyone else having a similar experience? Tips or suggestions? 

Re: Halfway through - back to zero energy. Anyone else?

• Options
    Oh 100% thought the second trimester was going to be better. 6/7 of my days were trash in the first tri and now it’s about 4 or 5/7 (I’m 24 weeks). But I don’t feel like working, working out, cooking, washing my hair or anything. I don’t have any tips except I totally notice that when I don’t have my electrolytes and at least 64 ounces of water plus over beverages and if I don’t get 90-100 grams of protein a day I’m more swollen and tired. I wish I could say I’m enjoying the 2nd trimester but so far it’s not that great.
  • Options
    Yep. My energy varies from day to day. But generally I feel pretty exhausted, zero energy for basic things, and feel out of breath 95% of the day. Really starting to feel those organs being pressed up, belly bigger and bigger, I get constipated often which makes it worse. I’m 24 weeks. Happy about baby coming but really not enjoying being pregnant. Sad to say. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m about to hit 20 weeks and just felt a huge resurgence of fatigue. Groggy all day no matter how much I sleep, and I’m staying hydrated and eating plenty. I’m also super short of breath doing really basic tasks. I keep freaking myself out thinking I’m anemic or having blood clots or something. 
  • Options
    Same! I’m 20 weeks and have the same issue with fatigue. 
  • Options
    Same! 24 weeks and very tired again!  
  • Options
    I have noticed that I am more sensitive to sugar spikes and drops (25 weeks currently). If I eat high protein and high fiber along with a ton of water those days are significantly better than the days I eat what I want (junk food, baked goods, etc). Whomever says that second trimester is the honeymoon phase of pregnancy is crazy. This has been the longest 25 weeks of my life and I’m counting down each day. But we all got this!
  • Options
    So thankful to see this thread. Came here looking to see if anyone else feels like they got run over by a bus… 20 weeks and I thought I should have energy but I am totally wiped.