Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Super early miscarriage?

My husband and I are trying to conceive our second child. For the past four days I’ve experienced progressively heavier bleeding starting out brownish dischargey and is now looking darker and red. My period isn’t due for another couple weeks and I ovulated about a week ago. I’m wondering if this is like the earliest miscarriage possible? It seems too heavy to be implantation bleeding. Thanks for any insight!

Re: Super early miscarriage?

• If you haven't confirmed PG, then you are NOT having a MC.  Bodies are weird and periods can be weirder.  

How do you know you O'd?  Are you actually temperature tracking or something that would definitely pinpoint O?  Or are you just using a period app that 'guesses' at your usual O date?  Your cycle could just be wonky.  If you can absolutely, definitively pinpoint O date, then you NEED to call your doctor because your luteal phase is too short to lead to any possible positive PG.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• I’m assuming my ovulation date based on the consistency of my vaginal discharge. I’m certain what I’m experiencing isn’t my period
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, if you don't/didn't have a BFP, then it's not a MC.  If you're absolutely certain it's not a period, then you need to call your doctor to find out why you're bleeding abnormally.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• You may be having what is called and inovulatory bleed: you randomly didn't ovulate this cycle and are having breakthrough bleeding, meaning your period showed up much earlier since your uterine lining got very thick and ovulation didn't happen. If you had a miscarriage in the recent past, it's not uncommon to randomly not ovulate for a cycle. But your providers should definitely know! Great idea to reach out to them!