Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? Or what is your families' favorite thing that you cook/bake?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekly Check-In - week of 5/28

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: due 11/23, 14w+5d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: still putting boy vibes into the world but the wait is killing me!!! Anyone who wants to take a shot at skull theory should creep back on my 12w scan photo and let me know what you think…. Please…. For my sanity lol 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a peach!

Upcoming appointments: June 16 - normal check up.  

How are you feeling? Getting dizzy with the up and down in the garden planting and weeding… also feeling some cramping and pulling type pains like wayyyyy deep in my abdomen, google seems to say it’s normal but it’s weird and it’s new. 

Rants / Raves: its almost cherry season which at my job means I work every day until we run out of cherries. So rant because it’s exhausting but rave because momma loves that overtime $$!!!!

Questions: see above regarding the plea to guess baby’s sex and the weird abdomen feels…

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? Or what is your families' favorite thing that you cook/bake? I am my family’s holiday dessert maker.  Pies, yup. Truffles, yup.  Cookies, you betcha…. Queen of the sweets in da house!! I’ve got split families so Christmas is a very busy time for me😬
    fitandnerdybluepeach565
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    11/2, 17 wks, 5 days

FTM/STM/STM+:
    Baby #5

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Surprise!

A turnip I think.

Upcoming appointments:
    6/7 for the anatomy scan

How are you feeling?
    Depends on the day. The last couple of days my stomach had been waging war on me. Ugh!

Rants / Raves:
    Went to the pool this weekend. Too bad Texas is apparently still warming up because at 85-ish degrees, I was freezing in the pool. And yet all the kids insisted it wasn't cold at all...😐

It was the first real day of summer break for the kids. I dread it because I still have to work and the whole situation can be tricky (and sometimes boring for them). But they did pretty well today. I'm happy with how it went!

Questions:
    nope

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? Or what is your families' favorite thing that you cook/bake?
    I think my kids' favs that I make are breakfast for dinner and spaghetti. Lately though they love my Snickers salad too. A Minnesota "salad" that isn't really a salad!

• Loading the player...
  • varimamavarimama member
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/24 14+5

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: finding out Saturday!!!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: an 8oz filet mignon (which sounds delicious but would be a waste to have it well done 🫤)

Upcoming appointments: elective ultrasound Saturday 

How are you feeling? Ok, some days are better than others! 

Rants / Raves: my hotel night was really nice! I finished a book I was reading that I really liked. It was Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt! I got Thai food delivered for dinner and that was amazing too! Also I stopped at the bookstore to get my next book and I forget who recommended (sorry, terrible memory here) it but I got the first Court of Thorns and Roses book! 

Questions: none 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? Or what is your families' favorite thing that you cook/bake? @stevieraem I am the family baker too! I always have something for holidays. Dead give away when I’m pregnant and can’t look at sweets without vomiting. I think my kids’ favorite thing I make is (well anything bc they are kids they love sugar and chocolate but if I had to guess) they’re birthday cakes each year. I really try my best to go all out. I feel awful I still owe my 6 year old a cake, I think I’ll do it for his half bday. My grandpa had passed away right before his bday so we were actually traveling to the funeral and stuff during it and then it was DS2’s bday and then I was pregnant and can’t stand sweets. The sweet aversion is starting to setting though!

@UnwritteN12 I love salads that aren’t actually salads!!! Our neighborhood pool hasn’t opened yet bc of some repairs needed and people are complaining and I’m like guys it’s barely hitting 70 here most days and the nights are down to 30s… that water will be freezing anyways! We’re in New England though  
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

UnwritteN12
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 18/15+4

FTM/STM/STM+: 5TM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Baby boy #5

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a box of crayons

Upcoming appointments: yesterday, finally could hear the heartbeat 💓

How are you feeling? No complaints here!

Rants / Raves: We just got back from vacation last week.. went to Florida and did a perfect combo of beach, pool, and Disney. 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? Or what is your families' favorite thing that you cook/bake? I like to bake but don't do it too often. My favorite thing is strawberry rhubarb pie (the season is here!) Or blackberry crumb bars using our home grown blackberries. My kids favorite is probably banana bread.
    UnwritteN12
  • @stevieraem the pain you're describing sounds like round ligament pain. Uncomfortable but definitely normal!
    stevieraem
  • KiekKiek member
    11/3 17weeks and some odd days 

FTM/STM/STM+:
    3rd time mom

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Team finding out lol. Pretty sure it’s a boy. I just have a feeling

baby can hear our voices now! 

Upcoming appointments:
    Monday anatomy scan!

How are you feeling?
    Really good! This baby feels low and  likes to spartan kick me in the cervix lol. So that’s been fun. 

Rants / Raves:
    Rant: I run out of energy really quickly which is annoying. I feel great but I don’t have the energy to do all the things I feel like I can do 🫠
    Rave: my husband found this tiny pillow the goes in between your knees and it’s a game changer for my sleep. I don’t like those giant pregnancy pillows because my husband and I are codependent sleepers that have to be touching to sleep (I know it’s gross 😂). But this little pillow keeps my hips aligned nicely which is awesome because that’s always my biggest discomfort as I get bigger.
    Questions:
    Nothing

I would say bread. I do the sourdough thing. I make our sandwich bread, burger buns, etc. I hadn’t bought bread in a long time. I took a break my first trimester and have been buying it but I’m ready to get back into the routine. Oh! I also make these einkorn biscuits that are highly requested lol. I love cooking and baking lol
    stevieraem
  • sawbmw5309sawbmw5309 member
    edited May 31
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 17th, 15wks+5days, mentally prepping for possibly Sept.
    FTM/STM/STM+: 4th baby
    Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Team Girl, really hoping it's a girl, feels like a girl. We have 1 girl and 2 boys now.
    Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Baby's heart is pumping more than 25 quarts of blood each day!
    Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow I have a 16wk checkup with a 1-hour Glucose test, followed by my first cervical measurement, followed by a consult with the OB.
    How are you feeling? Tired, I just want to nap...all the time!
    Rants / Raves: Strongly disliking how quickly I'm out of breath. Like seriously I just walked up the stairs! This is way easier to type on my laptop than on my phone. Haha!  :D
    Questions: none, thank you. :)
    GTKY: What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? Or what is your families' favorite thing that you cook/bake? I love making chicken pot pie (the kind in the pot, not in a pie) with from-scratch noodles. So yummy! I also really like baking funny cake and pumpkin rolls. 
    Kiek
  • @UnwritteN12 have you seen the mom on TikTok, thatmidwesternmom, who makes the Minnesota salads that aren't really salads? She is sooo funny and some of those "salads" look really good. She made the Snickers salad; so yummy!
    UnwritteN12
  • @UnwritteN12 we are definitely still warming up here in PA, but my daughter insisted she wasn’t cold at all in the pool. I, however, was freezing. 

@varimama that hotel night sounds so great. I’m definitely going to have to do that once before this baby comes!

@kiek I’ve been trying the sourdough thing… but I’m not very good at it yet. I’ve got sourdough sandwich bread down, but when I try a regular loaf, it turns out really heavy. Like you could throw it as a weapon and kill someone… but I keep trying!

@sawbmw5309 way, way easier to type on the laptop :P this site has never been very mobile-friendly for me!

11/29, 14w0d (just realized I'm officially out of the first trimester... woo!)

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Team surprise... but tempted to find out for the sake of my daughter, who keeps calling the baby "her sister" and I'm like... well, maybe it's your brother

Orange

Upcoming appointments:
    Tuesday for a phone call appt with my new OB, then the following week for the regular 16w appt 

How are you feeling?
    Overall pretty good! 

Rants / Raves:
    Rant - my dept chair and I came up with an awesome mat leave plan for me, but now the dean's office is potentially going to make us change it :( 
    Rave - Had a really nice MDW with lots of friends and sunshine 

Questions:
    N/A

MH does the cooking on the day-to-day basis, but I occasionally like to try out new recipes. I do a lot of baking for holidays... I made homemade poptarts one year that were a really big hit!

UnwritteN12Kieksawbmw5309
  • varimamavarimama member
    @Kiek do you have any good resources for sourdough? Like books or websites. I try and can make a basic loaf but it seems to be hit or miss on how good it comes out… I love sourdough though! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @sawbmw5309 - I love her so much! I was singing "Minnesota salads that aren't really salads" as I typed that!  :D

sawbmw5309
  • KiekKiek member
    @varimama I love farmhouse on Boone on YouTube. She’s got so many recipes and breaks down sourdough into something way less complicated. 

@sawbmw5309 I remember the first time I had that kind of pot pie. I was meeting my husband’s family for the first time and they kept talking about having pot pie for dinner. Imagine my surprise when it was in fact, not a pie 😂. But it’s so yummy. They usually make it for big holidays or family get togethers. 
    varimamasawbmw5309
  • @sawbmw5309 that's the only kind of pot pie I knew existed until I went off to college haha. The best kind!!
  • sawbmw5309sawbmw5309 member
    edited June 2
    @fitandnerdy So much easier to scroll and reread comments and reply to people. Plus I can type way faster on my laptop. :) That stinks about your maternity leave. Hopefully they won't make you change it. I have several poptart recipes saved; I'll try one of them eventually, along with all the other recipes saved. Haha!

@Kiek I've always wanted to make bread, but I'm intimated by the rising step. I'm nervous I won't have the right temp or not let it rise long enough. Guess I'll just have to give it a try and test it out. :) I'm part of a PA Dutch Food FB page and there have been several arguments over what true pot pie is.  :D It's the kind in a pot of course! Haha! Both versions are very tasty.

@UnwritteN12 I definitely sang it as I read your comment!  :D  

@runsoncoffee A tasty pie crust is awesome, but nothing beats those home made noodles in my opinion. :smile:
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 14 weeks 5 days; November 26th

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Surprise

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: House mouse; Beet

Upcoming appointments: Middle of this month

How are you feeling? Tired with occasional bouts of nausea - overall I'm doing a lot better.

Rants / Raves: Raves: I was able to drive all the way home from my company's corporate office last night, which set me up for a really productive day today. Tomorrow is DS2's birthday party, so I was able to finish up almost everything else. There are a couple things still left on the list tomorrow, but they shouldn't be too time consuming or difficult. I was also able to pick DS2 up early from daycare to go do a special birthday activity. He loved it and is currently napping in his room while I finish up working for the week. Rant: It rained on my car this afternoon after I washed it this morning. I got it in the garage before it absolutely poured, but I was peeved because it wasn't supposed to rain lol.

Questions: Has anyone had weird movement feelings high under their ribs? This is my 4th baby, and I have no idea what I'm feeling. It isn't gas, and it's usually noticeable when I'm sitting or standing still. It feels very similar to when baby is small and hanging out in your ribs, but I'm not convinced they're big enough for me to feel like that yet? I'm not even 15 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised by flutters or tiny pokes, but this makes no sense to me. 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing to cook/bake? Or what is your families' favorite thing that you cook/bake? I'm the primary cook/baker in our house. The boys love to bake and decorate their creations, so I would say our favorite things to bake would be cupcakes or sugar cookies with icing. We've collected several different kinds of sprinkles over the last couple years, so they really enjoy picking out which ones to use.
  • *Disclaimer: I really should eat a snack before responding to other posts because 99% of my responses are about food.

@stevieraem What do you currently do for work? 
    @UnwritteN12 I also love the Minnesota salads! I worked there for several years, and potluck day was my favorite day lol.
    @varimama I have been to 3 or 4 fancier work dinners that all required steak. I fudge it a little bit and get medium-well, but when it comes out overcooked still, it's sad lol. I'm glad your hotel night was nice! It sounds like it was super relaxing and amazing.
    @runsoncoffee I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat! Your vacation sounds amazing. We promised DS1 a Disney vacation next summer before baby #4 came on the scene. He hasn't forgotten and talks about it frequently, so we'll be sucking it up and going with the baby.
    @Kiek I've been using DH as my pillow for now, but my belly will soon be making that a thing of the past lol. What kind of tiny pillow is it? I've always wanted to learn how to make bread, but I've never done it. Do you use a bread maker or do everything with the oven?
    @sawbmw5309 I hope your appointment went well yesterday! I am also running out of breath quicker. I wear a Fitbit, and I earned myself 1 zone minute going up and down the stairs grabbing laundry and then everything I kept forgetting lol. I'd also like to hear more about this chicken potpie with noodles in it because it sounds amazing lol.
    @fitandnerdy I'm so sorry they might make you change your maternity leave plan! Fingers crossed you don't have to do that. Homemade pop tarts sound really good. Do you put icing and sprinkles on them, too? 
  • KiekKiek member
    @makingbacon I don’t use a bread maker. I used to have one but I didn’t like the texture of the crust so I just bake it in the oven.

I don’t know what that pillow is called. He found it at the dollar general 😂

• @Kiek I’ll have to go look around at ours. They have all kinds of treasures lol. That is interesting about the crust differences. Is it thinner with the bread maker?
  • ohsmithohsmith member
    11/5, 17w6d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    TTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: 
    We are having our gender reveal on the 24th and the wait is so long!

A pomegranate I think

Upcoming appointments:
    Tuesday and I can't wait

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good other than having trouble with standing for more than a few minutes at a time because I get dizzy.

Rants / Raves:
    I now have custody of my 2 nephews and 1 niece and my husband and I have to coparent with their dad and both of their moms. The dad and one of the moms are good and easy to work with but the other mom is a difficult since she hasn't been in his life for 14 years and wants to come in now and make all these promises to him and not keep her word.

Questions:
    None 

I love to cook southern comfort foods and try new recipes too but it's difficult because some of my kids are so picky so we eat the same things all the time so they actually will eat. For dessert everyone loves my rice crispy treats and every Christmas my mom, sister, all of our girls and I make sugar cookies and decorate them. We've done that tradition since my mom was pregnant with my sister so this year will be year 33 and everyone loves them and expects them lol.
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    14w4d for me today! 

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM + 1 stepdaughter 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    gender reveal was yesterday at my sons request. We did it at his birthday party……..it’s a BOY!!!!! 💙🩵💙🩵💙

a peach or a troll doll

Upcoming appointments:
    6/16 with Midwife
    7/6 for the anatomy scan

How are you feeling? 
    I was doing alright. Convinced I’d turned a corner until I woke up at 0230 vomiting stomach acid on Saturday morning. 

Rants / Raves:
    Rave: my baby boy is officially 8 years old. We had his party yesterday at my dads with both sides of my family and boyfriends mom. My son wanted to have the gender reveal at his party. 

Rave: I’m having another son but I’m more excited for my boyfriend who is going to be a boy dad!! 

Questions: 
    Noneeeee

I love to bake. Boyfriend loves my sugar cookies and anything peanut butter that I make. 
  • @makingbacon our original plan was next spring but when we found out I was pregnant we made it work to go now because we didn't want to bring a baby haha and we had already told the kids about the spring trip. I'm sure you'll have fun though!