January 2024 Moms
Options

First Time Moms???

Anyone else a first time mom like me? How are you feeling physically/emotionally? Let's go on this new journey together!

Re: First Time Moms???

• Options
    Hi
    Here i am. Feels amazing to watch my body create a life 💖 ... physically, I'm super tired all the time. Emotionally, I'm very sensitive, and will cry over small things.
  • Options
    Yes omg I didn't know the tiredness would be so intense! Im always sensitive but I can tell I'm getting snappy and irritated faster. Can't wait for my first ultrasound so I can really believe this is happening!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vikideovikideo member
    I'm a first time mom, recently got a BFP but haven't had my doctors appt yet! Excited, but also nervous, I have a lot of lower back pain, I can't figure out if it's just normal or not. Will try to visit doc soon.
  • Options
    It seems like as soon as I got the positive test my back started hurting like crazy! The heating pad has been my best friend. Walking helped me too. I've been researching and I think it's normal. My first appt is next month. I'm a ball of excited nerves too.
  • Options
    jmecampjmecamp member
    Me! I’m so nervous about all the rights and wrongs and wondering if I will be a good Mom. I know my husband will be a superb Dad so at least I don’t have to worry about that!
  • Options
    savreddsavredd member
    This will be my first! I’m super nervous, we were wanting to wait a bit longer before having kids together but here we are. I feel like every day I flip flop between anxious/stressed and super excited. Trying to take it one step at a time and power through the constant nausea and fatigue. 
  • Options
    I’m im this boat too!! It’s definitely a rollercoaster of emotions. This wasn’t something we always wanted/thought would happen so now that it’s very real, my mind is all over. Nervousness spends most time at the surface.

I had some pretty bad nausea but I broke a toe this week and that pain has superseded everything.
  • Options
    first first time mom too! Hoping for my rainbow baby, my husband and I have been trying for awhile and had a missed miscarriage back in January so I’m nervous and almost wish I had more symptoms (5 weeks) but still hopefully optimistic. My first appt in June 14th 
       Congrats to you both and both going to be great moms!
  • Options
    First timer over here! I found out very early (obsessively testing). Feeling mostly normal but my boobs are insanely sore all the time!
  • Options
    Anyone dealing with morning sickness yet? I’m 6 weeks tomorrow — so far I’ve been fine but certain foods don’t sound good right now. I’m hoping for the best haha!
  • Options
    savreddsavredd member
    I became nauseous pretty much all the time in week 6 but rarely vomited. I just hit week 8 and have been vomiting at least once a day since Friday-today has been especially hard. 
  • Options
    First time for me! I feel fine so far, other than very tender breasts! I'm anxiously awaiting my doctor's appt in 2 weeks; it still doesn't feel real! Once I hear the baby's heartbeat it'll sink in.
  • Options
    Ah same! It doesn’t feel real! My appt is June 12 - counting down the days. Did you all interview multiple ob’s? 
  • Options
    savreddsavredd member
    I went through some popular ones in my area online-my regular gyno doesn’t do ob. First place I went to for a pregnancy confirmation I absolutely hated. I didn’t feel comfortable there and knew I wanted to go somewhere else. The nurse there was understanding and gave me a few other options in the area where she knew some good OBs. I did more research and scheduled another “confirmation”  with a new place. I absolutely loved the new place and am very glad I trusted my gut and moved. My first ultrasound will be next week!
  • Options
    First time mom as well!! I’m almost 6 weeks and super excited. I’m just so surprised how intense the fatigue has been. When I tested positive it made so much sense why I had been so tired the week before. Besides the fatigue, nausea, and constant tender breasts, I have to keep reminding myself I’m pregnant! We also barely started telling immediate family so I think that has made it feel less real. I have my first check up June 13th and I can’t wait! I’m a little nervous considering I live in Tijuana and not sure if they have the birthing options I’m looking for so feeling a little overwhelmed for all the research that we’ll need to do.
  • Options
    I’m now nearly week 7. I can’t get my first ultrasound for 3 more weeks (busy doctors!) I’m nervous because I’ve felt a little nauseous, gassy, and tired, but nothing extreme. I don’t want to complain about feeling ok and I also don’t want to feel sick. I just worry that things aren’t ok in there and waiting 3 weeks to find out is gonna drive me nuts!
  • Options
    I am first time. A little nervous. Going to second ultrasound tomorrow at 2:50 the first ultrasound I did they said that they could not see the gestational sac and that meant the pregnancy was less than four weeks which is impossible with the timing of my first positive pregnancy test hoping it all goes well, but try not to be too worried. No pregnancy symptoms so far. No nausea, tiredness (I have extreme insomnia). Afraid the hcg isn’t high enough or tubal.
  • Options
    I am! 🙋‍♀️ Physically, I’ve been nauseous, sore, and so tired. Emotionally, I have been really nervous worrying about things that could go wrong. I am so happy to be pregnant though, so I am trying to focus on being grateful instead of anxious!
  • Options
    I'm a first timer! And it was actually quite a shock because my PCOS is severe enough that docs said I shouldn't be able to.

I'm excited, but also it's a lot because I've known about the PCOS for a long time so I basically never considered the possibility of pregnancy. I never wondered what it would be like or planned for it or thought about being a parent or anything and now I have to process like 10 years of pregnancy/parenting prep and feelings all at once.
  • Options
    lizz_llizz_l Newbie
    This is my first time pregnant! I used a donor so I tested at the fertility clinic really early and have known for a while. I'm 42 and doing this on my own. I've been pleasantly surprised at how I feel so far--I'm tired in the middle of the day a lot, but have been barely nauseous at all. I think I'm crying more easily but it's hard to tell because I'm a big crier anyway!