3rd Trimester

Feeling like this pregnancy is not a priority

I’m 38-39 weeks pregnant.. with our fourth baby. I’ve been having a ton of false labor and I take care of my step daughter and our 3 children. I’m very pregnant right now and it’s hard to do even the simplest tasks. I don’t think it’s fair he gets to leave with co workers to go have fun hours away drinking while I always stay home taking care of all the kids and always that possibility of me going into labor.. am I supposed to drive myself while he’s out having a blast? When I tell him how I feel he acts like a child and reply’s “why can’t I go” in a whiny voice and then I feel bad like I shouldn’t feel the way I feel. I need some outside perspective. I really think his priorities are off.

Re: Feeling like this pregnancy is not a priority

• Men. So clueless and infuriating. My husband sort of does the same. Granted I'm a couple weeks behind you. Give him a scare. Act like it's go time and see what happens. Do it after he has left. That's what I would do and will do if my husband keeps it up when I'm that far. It may help. If not gives you a taste of what's to come. A bit of a test run. We live away at the moment and will be having baby with kids intow. He works out of town often and I'm hoping he will be here, but if not I will be bringing the kids with me and hoping a major bribe (which I don't usually do) will have them behaving well. Sounds strange but meditation really helps. 
    I wish I could help or had better advice. I also wish men knew how stressful the last few weeks can be and how uncomfortable then end gets.