Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Solids

Hello there I am a new mom and want to ask when do u guys started given solids first time! And what did u gave first and for how long! 

Re: Solids

• Options
    With my first born I started at 6.5 months with organic iron fortified oatmeal prepared with breastmilk! I plan on doing the same for my second baby 
  • Options
    We started our first on solids at 4.5 months because he was smacking his lips and trying to snatch food from us when we were eating, and our pediatrician said it would be fine to try giving him solids since he was past 4 months and showing interest.  We started him off with mashed green peas prepared with breastmilk.

With our second, we will just watch for signs of readiness (sitting up unassisted, showing interest in food, not pushing food out when we do try solids for the first time).  I expect that it might be closer to 5 or 5.5 months with him just because he is still pushing pacifiers out of his mouth and won’t take a bottle, whereas our first didn’t have any trouble with binkis and bottles.  

Every kid is different, so I’d recommend just watching for signs of readiness and letting baby take the lead.