Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: I don't think weve had this one yet but correct me if I'm wrong - What is your favorite holiday and why?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekly check-in • week of 5/14

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 11/24 12+3

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: finding out June 3rd hopefully 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a chicken nugget

Upcoming appointments: private ultrasound June 3rd! 

How are you feeling? Hoping relief is coming soon

Rants / Raves: I’m such a mess over something that happened this morning. I know DH has been frustrated but my “morning” sickness hits hard in the evenings. This morning he thought he’d surprise me in the shower and it scared the shit out of me so I screamed and woke up the kids. He was so mad at me, he stormed off leaving me to deal with the kids and getting ready and didn’t say goodbye to me just the boys this morning. I cried so hard. He’s at tball with the boys so I have t been able to talk to him all day and it just sucks. I’m torn between feeling guilty like I need to apologize and being pissed bc he knows I get startled in the shower and yes it’s been a little over a week but I’m also growing our kid and feeling miserable! Thanks for reading my vent if you made it this far!

Questions: none 

GTKY: I don't think weve had this one yet but correct me if I'm wrong - What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas, I love seeing my boys with all the magic and getting to spoil them! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    ohsmithohsmith member
    11/5, 15w1d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    Third time mom

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Finding out soon!

A navel orange 🍊

Upcoming appointments:
    June 6 for my 18w appointment 

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good actually so I'm knocking on wood for it to continue lol

Rants / Raves:
    Rant: nothing. Raves: I had a great Mother's day.

Questions:
    None

GTKY: I don't think weve had this one yet but correct me if I'm wrong - What is your favorite holiday and why?
    My favorite is Thanksgiving because I love all the food and remembering all the things that are great in our lives
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    11/3
    FTM/STM/STM+:
    TTM
    Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Finding out!
    Orange
    Upcoming appointments:
    June 5th anatomy scan
    How are you feeling?
    Pretty good!
    Rants / Raves:
    Rant: my 7 year old is getting an in home eeg and I’ve had to sleep with her in her bed the last two nights to make sure she doesn’t get tangled in the wires. She is developmentally about 6 months old so she has no way of calling for help or helping herself if something were to happen. Anyway, my whole pelvic area is so sore. Thankfully last night was the last night and she gets her leads off today.

Raves: on the flip side of that, it’s the first eeg we’ve been able to do in home and that’s am amazing! Normally we have to drive almost 3 hours away, stay in the hospital for several days and then drive almost 3 hours home. My husband has to use vacation days from work to stay home with our oldest. Not this time! It’s been so nice having this at home option and I’m so thankful. Leads come off today and I’m taking the girls to the beach after
    Questions:
    nothing

Hands down, Thanksgiving 🙌🏼. I love sharing a meal with loved ones and I love cooking. I love the various traditions that each part of our families carry with it. No gifts, just time together and gratitude. Also my husband’s nana makes this filling as she calls it that goes inside the turkey that they smoke. It’s got bread, cornbread, shrimp and other stuff. I could eat my weight in it 😂
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    @varimama oh I hate that for you. I was so so sick with both my daughters and it caused so much tension in my marriage back then. I hope you guys can sit down and have a real conversation about how you’re feeling and how you need a little more patience from him during this time 🤎
  • Options
    mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    edited May 2023
    14w6d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Surprise

Apple

Upcoming appointments:
    One week!

How are you feeling?
    Overall feeling good. Yesterday I was really tired and had a horrible headache, but I'm feeling myself coming back to life for the most part.

Rants / Raves:
    Mother's Day/my birthday was horrible. Like truly, truly a hot mess. I cried for most of it. Maybe next year.

This week we're going up to our cabin for the first time this season and I cannot wait to be back. I have left all of the planning to the last minute though so I'm slightly scrambling, whoops. I just can't plan things in advance for some reason.

Questions:
    Not this week.

GTKY: I don't think we've had this one yet but correct me if I'm wrong - What is your favorite holiday and why?
    4th of July is up there for me. Something about the summertime feels, being at the beach with my family, fireworks, all of it is just truly magical for me. Christmas is also great but there's always so much pressure around it that sometimes it falls short IMO.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @varimama I would've had the EXACT same reaction as you. Do NOT jump scare me unless you want to hear me scream. What did he expect you to do? Please don't feel guilty. He should apologize.

@ohsmith Turkey day food is delish, I agree!

@Kiek I don't know why I read eeg as egg but I was so confused reading your paragraph at first :D I'm so glad you're able to do it at home this time, that experience driving and staying at the hospital sounds so utterly exhausting.
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    @mrsmtothek 😂😂😂

also I’m sorry Mother’s Day was a bust. I hope your time up at the cabin is relaxing and fun!
  • Options
    15 wks, 5 days

FTM/STM/STM+:
    Baby # 5

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    Surprise

An apple

Upcoming appointments:
    5/25, 6/7 for the anatomy scan 

How are you feeling?
    Emotional. The overdose of hormones is kicking in. 🙁😥

Rants / Raves:
    We rent our house. We just had our annual walk through and found out what the rent increase will be. Unfortunately they only give us 14 days after telling us the increase to decide whether or not we resign the lease. We've been looking at other houses for months and continue to but there's literally TWO in our price range with the right amount of space in our city. And we live in a big city! The cost of housing here is just outrageous. Now it's a question of either signing for another year and being cramped, hoping to find a place that has enough space real quick OR possibly moving out of state. So I'm 100000% stressed about figuring this out.

There was little to no fighting between my kids on Mother's Day. Yay. And I got myself a Reece's cookie cake. Plus the kids made me some sweet artwork. I'll take it. :)

Questions:
    Nah

GTKY: I don't think we've had this one yet but correct me if I'm wrong - What is your favorite holiday and why?
    Christmas. The entire season. I love winter and I love it even more when it snows. Plus I really feel like being a parent on Christmas morning is 100% better than being a kid. I love making it all special for them. From making and decorating Christmas cookies, to doing our extended family gingerbread house contest, to looking at all the Christmas lights and decorations and then Christmas morning. Seeing them enjoy it makes me so happy. 

@varimama - OMG I would have lost it tbh. I don't feel like you owe him any kind of apology. Sorry but no. I don't think DH and I have been intimate for a good month and a half. I'm too tired, stressed and iffy about my body. It sucks but it is what it is. Hugs to you mama!

@kiek - I'm so glad you were able to do that at home with her. What a difference that can make for everyone!

@mrsmtothek - I'm sorry Mother's day was such a mess. Hoping you get to set some time aside for yourself soon to pamper yourself and reset. Hugs!

• Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 18th 

FTM/STM/STM+: 5TM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: It's a boy

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a matchbox car

Upcoming appointments: May 30th

How are you feeling? Physically I feel good, but I've been an emotional wreck!! 

Rants / Raves: We found out last night my BIL/SIL are expecting their first and due just 2 weeks after us. I'm sooo excited for them but also comes with a small rant and that's one they live so far away from us so we won't get to see the baby much and two they are having a girl and while I'm thrilled for them and excited to have a niece, I'm jealous for myself and also not looking forward to the favoritism thing with my MIL. She's been dying for a granddaughter since our oldest and I just don't want to hear about how sweet little girls are and how rambunctious my boys are (hopefully this doesn't happen but I'm mentally preparing now based on past comments).

Questions: 

GTKY: I don't think weve had this one yet but correct me if I'm wrong - What is your favorite holiday and why? I love literally all holidays, big and small! If I had to pick I'd say 4th of July or Christmas. Love the summer and all the fun of being outside, grilling, just enjoying a hot day together and love the whole season of celebrating Christmas... the decoration, lights, church services, music, and gifts too.
  • Options
    @Kiek is your family PA Dutch? We call it filling too. 
    @mrsmtothek I'm sorry, my mothers day wasn't the best either and it's hard not to feel bummed! My kids fought all day.
    @varimama nooo that kind of freak out does not seem warranted for scaring someone!! Ugh!
    @UnwritteN12 I hope you can figure out the housing!! That is stressful!
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    @runsoncoffee my in-laws are almost all PA Dutch from south central PA lol. The only one who isn’t is my husband’s Poppop who is a Louisiana Cajun lol. It is it’s very own unique culture out that way, that’s for sure 😂 but I love it.
  • Options
    KiekKiek member
    @UnwritteN12 I hope you’re able to figure out your housing situation soon! That’s so stressful! 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Nov 21st / 13 weeks 1 day

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Surprise

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: peach

Upcoming appointments: not until June 8th I think

How are you feeling? Tired. Big. Lol

Rants / Raves: my attitude has been harsh. Like I'll be fine then fly off the handle. Also dude what is with the gas I do not remember this the last time. I stink my ownself out of the area.

Questions:is the gas worse because I'm old this time she with the acid reflex

Christmas I brings up sooo many childhood memories that I love to recreate with my LO. 
  • Options
    11/29, 12w1d

FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:
    team surprise… but I’m nervous it’ll be wrecked because of NIPT! With my daughter, I was able to get the sex not reported and it just said “sex chromosomes normal” or something generic like that. This time they told me don’t scroll down to the bottom or wait for them to call because it’ll be on there. I won’t be able to NOT look as soon as they’re in my portal! 

lime

Upcoming appointments:
    Just had my NT today… all looked good! Next appt is with my new OB on June 12. 

How are you feeling?
    pretty good! Nausea is gone (knock on wood) but insomnia has been kind of rough. 

Rants / Raves:
    Rave- I’m so glad my
    ultrasound was good! I am a very anxious person, so basically freak out for the entire week before an appt in the early stages. The baby was in a bad position and super stubborn and wouldn’t move, so they had to do a TV ultrasound to get the measurements. My daughter was also always in a bad position and wouldn’t move, so I guess it runs in the family. 

Questions:
    For people that got the NIPT, were you able to not see the sex? I think I had maternit21. 

I can’t pick - I love Christmas because I love how everyone is together and work is pretty much nonexistent for everyone between Christmas and new years. But I also really love 4th of July(/summer in general) because I love bbqs and sunshine (and drinks when not pg) 
  • Options

@varimama I would have freaked out too… you can’t control a reaction like that when you’re scared!

@kiek sounds great that you could do the eeg at home!

@unwritten12 housing is the worst right now! We were renting too, but we’re moving because of my job. My landlord increased the rent like 15% for the next people (and I know he would have done the same for us had we wanted to extend). We looked at rentals where we are moving to and it was madness! People offering “over asking”… on a rental. I didn’t even know that was a thing!  We were unsuccessful with all our rental applications because we have 2 big dogs. We ended up just buying a house and it’s also a shitty time for that too. I hope you guys find something that works for you soon!

@runsoncoffee I hope those comments don’t come from your MIL! 

• Options
    @fitandnerdy I also do not want to find out. I waited for them to call and I have told them about 10 times I did not want to know. My first was like yours but this time it was not. They did not post to my portal until they talked to me but I still did not look. I literally had a dream about them telling me what it was and I was like how am I going to hide this from my husband because he's going to be pissed. 
  • Options
    @fitandnerdy I had the same anxieties about accidentally finding out with my NIPT results!! My OB ended up calling me and telling me my results were normal, and in my portal under summary it also said "Low Risk", so I didn't click on the report details just in case.

Hopefully your OB will also call to tell you, and if you're nervous, just blurt out right away that you don't want to know the gender! I think they usually ask first before telling you though. 
  • Options
    @ridedatide @mrsmtothek thanks! You guys are both so patient, I will have to try to channel that. I know the results will post to my LabCorp portal before my OB posts them to the OB portal, so I'll have to try to not open my LabCorp portal once I see the email that they are uploaded! I'll probably just call my OB as soon as I see the results are ready from LabCorp instead of waiting for them to call me  :p
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: November 26th; 12+5

FTM/STM/STM+: 4TM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Surprise

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Hamster or Apricot

Upcoming appointments: Next week!

How are you feeling? Nausea has gotten way better, but it still hits at random times. It appears to be closely tied to when I get super tired or haven't eaten in a while. Otherwise, I'm feeling pretty good - just tired.

Rants / Raves: Raves: My work trip this week went really well, and I was able to get home later on Wednesday night, which was nice. My birthday happened while I was traveling, so we celebrated last night with cake. Rant: The house was an absolute trainwreck when I got home. The increased mess usually doesn't bother me, but the everyday stuff that isn't done bothers me so much. Things like leaving several pieces of trash on the counter, having dried food in obvious spots on the counter/table that's a couple days old, etc. So I spent my free-ish time yesterday cleaning everything up, cleaning bathrooms (I clean these every day when I'm home, and they hadn't been done for a few days), and catching up on all the laundry.

Questions:

GTKY: I don't think we've had this one yet but correct me if I'm wrong - What is your favorite holiday and why? I don't know if I have a favorite holiday. Now that we have the boys, we love Halloween. They get so excited to dress up and go trick or treating, but I dislike carving pumpkins lol. I really like decorating for Christmas, and we have a lot of fun making Elf do different things, but getting all the gifts and sending gifts to family all falls on me, so that part is stressful. 

@varimama I hope you and YH were able to work everything out. I also hate being startled and would've had a similar reaction, especially in the shower.
    @Kiek I didn't know they could do EEG at home. I'm so glad you were able to do that and not have to leave home for the testing. Pelvic soreness is the worst though. I have a love/hate relationship with our mattress during pregnancy because my hips don't sink into the mattress at all, so I'll wake up sore periodically. I hope you're feeling better! Also, that turkey stuffing sounds amazing.
    @mrsmtothek I'm so sorry your Mother's Day and birthday didn't go well.
    @UnwritteN12 We also currently rent, and it was so hard to find the place we are now. DH just got a new job in a different city, so we'll be moving again. I'm already not looking forward to finding new daycare, new schools, and new housing.
    @runsoncoffee I hope your MIL doesn't make those comments about girls vs. boys! My MIL wanted us to have a boy so badly when we had DS1 because they didn't have any boys to carry their last name into the next generation, which was completely ridiculous to me. When DS3 was born and was a boy, she had a completely different reaction because "we needed a girl, not another boy." 
    @fitandnerdy We were Team Green with DS3, and I was so nervous about accidentally finding out. I think I wrote "do not report sex" on every available spot lol. They didn't report it on there, thank goodness. I'm glad your ultrasound was good!

• Options
    ashsowers2020ashsowers2020 member
    edited May 2023
     Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 14w 6d due 11/11 (I’m a few days late for this 😂)

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd baby 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: team finding out 6/16

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a pear

Upcoming appointments: next Friday 

How are you feeling? Morning sickness has almost completely subsided, although the last time I thought this it came back with a vengeance! But it has been almost a week since I’ve last taken nausea meds, and the last 2-3 days I’ve had almost no morning sickness at all! 

Rants / Raves: I’m a little disappointed that no one on my side of the family cares much this pregnancy. With the exception of my old sister who checks on me at least weekly, my other 3 siblings and my mom haven’t reached out to me at all since I’ve told them we’re expecting (at 8 weeks pregnant) and my mom hasn’t even come to visit my kids/ see how they’re doing at all since Christmas. She lives super close and passes my house to go to my brothers house and see his kids or babysit pretty regularly (at least once a month but a lot of the time twice or more). Most of me is okay with it, but part of me just gets so sad for my kids. She has only seen my almost 2 year old a handful of times, and I’d say majority of them were at my brothers house for his kids birthday Parties. Other than that, she’s only seen him after we got home from the hospital, at his first birthday party, and Christmas. She used to come see my 13 year old very often, taking her to lunch once a month and doing something special just her and my mom on my daughters birthday, but that stopped a few years ago. My daughter was super hurt she stopped coming around but I realized it was mostly me arranging her coming to see us towards the end, and I decided to take a step back and if she wants to come visit us she will reach out… she doesn’t. Oh well 😔 definitely her loss because my kids are awesome! 

Questions: none

GTKY: I don't think weve had this one yet but correct me if I'm wrong - What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas! My husband and I, our kids, and my husbands siblings all try to fit into his parents house for a 2 night sleepover Christmas Eve and Christmas. As the family grows it’s getting harder to do lol but we make it work! We just do fun activities, make gingerbread houses and have friends judge them for us, and watch a Christmas story on Christmas Eve. Then we wake up Christmas morning and have a big Christmas breakfast together. Open gifts then go to church as a family. Then go to his grandmas for a late Christmas lunch/early dinner. Back to his parents house to relax and then the next morning we go home. All of us live within 10 min from his parents house but it’s a fun tradition and just makes our hearts feel so full ♥️ my husbands mama absolutely loves it! And his family is the biggest blessing for me and our kids. 
  • Options
    @ashsowers2020 I'm so sorry you're going through that with your family. It's so hard watching others hurt your kids like that, especially when you see those same people treating other kids better.