Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Intros w/o May 15

Welcome, new members! Please read The Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the board (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12685680/the-ultimate-ttgp-guide-newbies-read-this-first). It's full of information about TTGP and about our community here on The Bump. 

Please introduce yourself and share as much (or as little) as you would like. Once you're ready, feel free to jump into any of our daily/weekly threads to participate in the community!

Ages (you and SO): 

How many months have you been TTC?: 

What are you doing to get knocked up (WAYDTGKU)?: 

Tell us about yourself! (Kids, pets, job, hobbies, etc.)

Re: Newbie Intros w/o May 15

• Hi 👋🏼 Newbie here. I’m 39, hubs is 40. We’ve been TTC 2 months. We were undecided about trying for another for a long time as we have an almost 7yo and then we adopted. But as I approach 40, I find myself really wanting another while simultaneously worrying about my age. 

We’ve got two fur babies and live in New York,
    where spring has finally sprung! (Unfortunately, so have my allergies.)

As far as WIADTGKU, charting and sex at least 2x/wk. 

Nice to meet y’all!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome @peacefulmockingbird! I hope your stay here is short and sweet! 
  • @peacefulmockingbird Welcome! My H and I have also adopted. It’s always nice to meet other adoptive parents!
  • @britters314, how fun! How old is your adopted one? How long ago did you adopt?
  • @britters314, how fun! How old is your adopted one? How long ago did you adopt?
    We have a 5 year old who has been with us since he was 6 months old and was adopted at age 2, and we have a 4 year old who has also been with us since 6 months old and who we are in the process of adopting (both from foster care). What about you?
    We have a 5 year old who has been with us since he was 6 months old and was adopted at age 2, and we have a 4 year old who has also been with us since 6 months old and who we are in the process of adopting (both from foster care). What about you?
    Our adopted daughter is actually 17. I had known her for 8 years when she was younger and I lived in her home country. When my son (bio) was 1, I got word she had some special needs and needed an adoptive family. She’s been with us for 4 years now 🙂
  • Hello, (trigger warning-loss)

I am 33 and DH is 40. We have three children, a 9 year old boy (from my first marriage) who has autism, a 5 year old boy together and a 3 year old girl together. We thought we were done and then I got pregnant unexpectedly and were over joyed, and then we found out it was a c section ectopic and through processing that loss realized we did really want one last child so we are now trying to conceive. I was ready and took my first ovulation test today since being given the okay to start trying and I’m ovulating, I didn’t expect it so fast so I’m having so many emotions. I know it’s the beginning of TTC but hopefully it’s good luck. 

I work full time and go to school full time, but I was active on the bump before so hoping to find another sense of community through this time. I apologize if I don’t contribute as much as I would like or comment late on things. We also have a cane corso and 2 main coon fur babies!