Baby Names
Options

Need help! Boy name votes

We are struggling to pick a name for baby boy #2. With so many males in our family alot of names are "taken". Any help appreciated!

Current match-up:

Carter Ryan
Cameron Joseph

TIA!

Re: Need help! Boy name votes

• Options
    00kim0000kim00 member
    I prefer Carter, but that's because I know so many kids named Cameron (boys and girls, and so many different spellings- Kamryn, Camron, Kamron, Cameron). It's not quite as ubiquitous as Jackson, but similar.
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    I'm not a big fan of -er names so I would pick Cameron but not a fan of either really. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @00kim00 it's funny how different places or circles have different common or popular names and how the change! I think I know of 1 Cameron over the past 10 years. It's so hard we literally have like no names left that aren't already used by family/ friends 
  • Options
    @mb0112 Thanks, now I feel worse about those two options and back to square 1 :( 19 weeks to name this kid and I'm at my wits end. Any helpful name suggestions you think may be better? 
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    Neither are bad names that you should eliminate if you like them! I just prefer more classic names where these feel trendier to me. What is your other son's name, or other names you'd like to use if they weren't already used by others? Happy to try suggesting new ideas but it helps to know what else has been on your list. 
  • Options
    @mb0112 - that's part of our dilemma, we're not trying to go trendy, but many names our family already has a lot of (in close relation)- names like:

Michael
    Matthew
    Steven
    Shane
    Nicholas
    David
    Lucas/Luke
    Justin
    Conner
    Joseph
    Tyler
    Sam
    Donald
    Peter
    Mason
    Levi
    Ryan
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    Suggesting-

Oliver
    Benjamin
    Thomas
    Caleb
    Henry
    Alexander
    Ian
    James
    Nathaniel
    Theodore
    William 

• Options
    @mb0112 - thanks@

Oliver - tried husband veto
    Benjamin - may already be one with our last name & I have a cousin Bennett, feels too similar
    Thomas- my supervisor's name so feels weird lol
    Caleb- maybe, not sure with last name but could be an option
    Henry- close friend's son
    Alexander- considered. Alexandria was our girl name, so we were kind of set of we ever had a daughter, not totally of the table
    Ian- not a fan
    James- my name is Jamie so don't want to sound named after me lol
    Nathaniel- not a fan, known some Nates w/ bad connotation
    Theodore- husband doesn't like Ted, and Teddy rhymes with last name
    William - not a fan

Appreciate the suggestions, as you can see- this is my struggle! 
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    Bummer! I love Oliver. A lot of kids use Theo for Theodore too. Other ideas 
    Max 
    Nicholas 
    Elliott
    Ethan 
    Owen
    Noah
    Gabriel
    Colin
    Julian 
    Adrian

• Options
    Carter always reminds me of babies due to the clothing line.  Of the 2 Cameron would be best. 

Can you use the middle names for a 1st?

Ideas:
    Caleb
    Christian
    Atticus
    Dominic 
    Luca
    Jacob
    Gavin
    Jason 
    Kyle
    Michelle
    Xander
    Vincent
    Darion
    Gregory
    Logan
    Tyler 
    Alexander
    Trenton
    Ian

• Options
    swoffswoff member
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with either of the names you've picked out and I don't think you need to start over. You'll never find a name that every person loves. 

Can you and your husband try out calling the baby Carter for a week and then try Cameron? You might find that one clicks better for you. 

Or try the coin flip test. Flip a coin to pick the name and see if -while the coin is in mid air- you realize which name you're hoping it lands on. If you do, ignore the actual result and use that name!

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    You got a lot of good suggestions, but I’m adding Calvin to the mix.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::