Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o May 1

*If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Previous pregnancy experiences may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.**

What number are you trying for?

Month/Cycle?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave?

GTKY: What is your favorite mode of transportation?

Re: TFAS w/o May 1

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 3, but first two are adopted

Month/Cycle? 6/5

WTO/TWW? TWW (10 DPO)

Ages of other child(ren)? 4 and 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? We had good timing, so that makes me hopeful. Had a BFN today, but it’s still early

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave? I’m taking my 5 year old to a pediatric acupuncturist this weekend to see if she can help with his sleep issues. FX it will work!

GTKY: What is your favorite mode of transportation? Walking. It’s really underrated, but it’s definitely the easiest way to get around, especially with kids.
  • Options
    inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited May 2023
    What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 0 (this would be a terrible cycle to conceive with our winter schedules)

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 9mo

Any thoughts about this cycle? My periods PP have really changed. There's at least 1 day within CD1-3 that is just absolutely horrid in flow. So heavy!! Although I'm starting to realize maybe it's not that much heavier than usual, the problem is that my cup no longer works for my body and leaks every single time.

Any questions? Cup recommendations? Lol

Rant/Rave? The RI's office still hasn't gotten back to me after I sent my medical records. I hope they contact me soon! Sounds like consultations are booking out to July already 😬. I'd love a spring baby but that is probably out of reach now.

GTKY: What is your favorite mode of transportation? I do love road trips! We drive EVs so now we have the added fun of 15 minute pit stops to charge which isn't so bad when you need to stop to eat anyway. And when food isn't involved, we've got built in games we can play while we wait!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Spoiler because this whole thing is probably TMI 

My favorite cup is the Super Jennie. I have a fairly ahem *unique* anatomy after a 4th degree tear and repair, and this cup checks all the boxes. Large capacity for heavy flow, doesn't slip or leak even with my rearranged pelvic floor, and it's soft and flexible enough that it's still comfortable. Highly recommend. I also have a Saalt disc that works and never leaks, but it can be messy on heavy flow days. 
  • Options
    @maggiemadeit TMIIIII

Following!!  Because team #rearranged 😫

me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    @maggiemadeit spoiling the continued TMI talk

funny enough the Saalt cup is the brand I have! Haha. I might try a disc. Not sure how I feel about them though.

My current cups are the softer silicone because when I first got started I felt the regular one wasn't opening up due to how stiff it is. Maybe I should try the original one next cycle and see if the stiffer silicone is what I need now - it does sometimes slip which then gives me horrible vulvar pain until I remove it.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    *lurking*

@inthewoods23 I remember reading a while back that with Diva Cup brand, you use size two if you have given birth. It was at the time regardless of flow. I am not sure if that is because we have altered muscle tone down there. I assumed it to imply either we need to use a different size to accommodate flow or muscular changes. 
  • Options
    @mamanbebe yes I know that's one of the reasons for using the larger sizes. I've always done the larger sizes due to having a fairly heavy flow as well as having a high cervix. So that's why I'm so surprised that using the same one that would also be recommended for those that have given birth isn't working for me anymore.

I'll have to experiment over the next couple cycles.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 ack that is frustrating! I have since used a couple different kinds. I will check the latest brands I have bought that do well enough with my often super heavy type flow. 
  • Options
    charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited May 2023
    Spoiler for the continued cup talk!  @inthewoods23

The June cup is actually awesome! They sell it at cost to make menstrual poverty a thing of the past - $8 for something that last a year or more or $20 every cycle? 

It’s also comfortable, and I like the fact it’s a dark color, it doesn’t get stained. It’s a good low risk one to try as far as the financial aspect, since at that price you can try a couple and see what … fits 

• Options
    What number are you trying for? 3! (Sixth pregnancy) 

Month/Cycle? 10/7

WTO/TWW? WTO- should be this weekend! 

Ages of other child(ren)? 2 and 6

Any thoughts about this cycle? I’m hopeful- it’s a medicated cycle so it “should” work- we’ve had success with medication before, just didn’t lead to our take home baby

Any questions?

Rant/Rave? Really feeling my privilege today. Went to see a friend going through a hard spot- she’s living in a hostel with three kids because of the shortage of housing. Not even affordable housing- just ANY housing. We are in a seasonally touristy area and a lot of mid tier rentals are now air bnbs, which has made the competition for people who live here fierce. 

GTKY: What is your favorite mode of transportation? I actually love to fly! I grew up with my grandfather having a small plane and he started teaching me to fly when I was about 6. I officially trained for my pilot license when I was 13 (youngest age you can) but I lost interest in it in high school. 

• Options
    @charmedlifex3 We have similar issues with housing where we live. It’s a popular tourist destination on the ocean, and even doctors are starting to be priced out of living here, let alone your average middle class family! My husband works in affordable housing so I hear about the struggles a lot. We were lucky to get our house in a private sale before the market got crazy, or we wouldn’t be living here either! I hope your friend and her family find something soon.