December 2023 Moms

PGAL Check-in 4/27

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD? 
How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?
Any appointment updates? 
Any big milestones?
Rants/Raves/Questions? 
PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
PG #3: EDD 12/15/23

Re: PGAL Check-in 4/27

• Weeks/EDD? 6w6d; 12/14
    How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally better for now. Great scan yesterday. Squidge is measuring right on time based on my ovulation date. Physically like crap. I'm either bloated or nauseous. While I'm grateful for the symptoms they also suck ass LOL.
    Any appointment updates? I have my telehealth in literally 10mins for my intake for my normal ob. Then 5/10 for my OB. IDK if the telehealth will schedule another scan for me in between as I'm 7w today and I'll be 8w6d for my OB appointment. But we shall see. They did last time.
    Any big milestones? Made it past early 6w with cardiac activity and growing on time. Previous loss was a MMC that stopped growing at 6w3d discovered at 8w and confirmed at 9w. So one milestone down, two more to go. Hang in there little squidge.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Nausea sucks. Thinking about moving to a single family home with more land and out of our town home before squidge gets here right in the middle of market season. Are we crazy? probably LOL.
  • Weeks/EDD? 4w4d; Dec 31st

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically and emotionally really struggling. I popped a fever of 100.8 and I don’t know what it is. I didn’t realize until after hours so I’m hydrating and monitoring and waiting to see how I am in the AM. Taking care of the other 3 while feverish and early pregnant… 😮‍💨 Also, my previous loss (between my 3 year old and 1 year old) happened because I got Covid and spiked fevers. So I’m having a little ptsd and praying for God to give me peace and strength.

Any appointment updates? Not yet.

Any big milestones? Nope. Still so early.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I think I may have a virus both of my kids had. Fever with like no other symptoms and gone in 24 hours, so hoping I wake up and it’s broken… Anyone else’s little ones experienced these symptoms lately?
  • Loading the player...
  • @stashattack So glad to hear everything is going well - I'm rooting for you to keep going!!

Weeks/EDD? 7w5d, 12/9

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally - I'm feeling optimistic and still just really excited after my appointment on Monday and actually seeing something in there.  I still have moments of anxiety where I feel like things are going to go wrong, but really trying to stay positive. Physically - Symptoms come and go.  I feel like I'm always hungry and if I don't eat I get horrible heartburn, but if I do eat I get nauseous...

Any appointment updates? Next appt. is at 10 weeks on May 16.  I'm not sure if they're going to do another ultrasound (the woman seemed to have a really hard time scheduling the appointment, so I'll probably call to clarify when it gets closer) but my doctor mentioned genetic testing.

Any big milestones? Saw a heartbeat and got ultrasound pics, so that's pretty exciting.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My husband is heading to Germany for work in a couple of weeks so he's going to miss the next appt.  Do your partners come to all your appointments?
  • @dmcg17 nope. Unfortunately mine couldn't make all of them the first time around. And won't this time either. He's been the this first scan. Maybe the next appointment but probably nothing else until the anatomy scan due to him having to watch the #1 once we pull her out of daycare. 
  • Weeks/EDD? 5w4D, 12/25
    How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally, very cautious and trying not to get my hopes up too high. Physically exhausted at all times. Not to jinx myself, but I think I got a handle on the heartburn for now at least.
    Any appointment updates? My first ultrasound is May 11. Waiting until then is the hardest. With my previous miscarriage, the first ultrasound didn't go well and the baby was measuring behind. Two weeks later, it only had two days of growth. The ultrasound after that the heartbeat had stopped. 
    Any big milestones? So far none
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    37F-FTM-IVF-1MC
  • Weeks/EDD? 8w1d due 12/8
    How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Unisom & B6 has provided some relief this week from the nausea but every day is different. I had enough energy to do a 30min ride on my peloton yesterday which felt SO good!
    Any appointment updates? Our 8w appt this week was perfect 💗 doctor is thrilled by how baby is progressing. Feeling SO much more confident now.
    Any big milestones? This weekend is the 1 yr anniversary of my first miscarriage. Thank god for my scan this week or I would probably be a wreck! But every day is a milestone at this point since this is the furthest I’ve gotten!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Finally feeling confident enough that this will work to buy a book I have been wanting to read about pregnancy and hubby and I are talking about doing a gender reveal with family and close friends in July☺️ happy the anxiety is easing and praying for smooth sailing the rest of the way!