Weekly check in 4/24

EDD/Weeks + days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?

Re: Weekly check in 4/24

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 26 weeks! Wow it’s feeling real

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): kale or spaghetti squash 

Upcoming appointments: just had my glucose screening today. Hopefully I won’t get a call back. The nurse got concerned when she took my BP and the Velcro kept moving she said it was high 130/60 and so she made me do it again with another machine and it was 100/60 🤨 scare me for no reason 

How are you feeling? Feeling bigger. Feeling like I wobble a bit. Have some leg cramps at night so I try to hydrate but then you have to pee so you don’t win. 

Raves/Rants: Raves: I’ve been doing these lovely WEdays with my partner every Saturday. Pretty much whatever I want to do whatever I want to eat and it’s been bringing us closer, especially before we have our first kid together. Rants: my lovely sisters and mil are planning my baby shower. I appreciate it so much but my mom is so detached and it’s not like she’s dead, she’s very alive, lives with my sister, and has been bitching that she doesn’t want to go because she doesn’t want to see my cousins on my fathers side and she has no money and has no jewelry to wear. Like who the f cares about that nonsense. She’s been really selfish and calling my sisters everyday to say she really doesn’t want to go. She is a gambling addict and she has a lot of issues, she maxed out all her credit cards and continues to gamble. She has her SS now so she gets monthly money but will blow it all the day she receives it. She won’t go for help it’s been a problem we’ve been dealing with since I was a child. Once we sold our childhood home she was missing for 3 weeks and she gambled away hundreds of thousands of dollars. But yeah it hurts that this is my first child and she has no interest. I don’t need the money for the baby shower I just want her present but it’s already too much effort for her. Sorry for the long rant. 

Questions: none right now 

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself? I like to go to those cheaper Chinese massage spas and get a $45 for an hour massage. They do the best massages bc they’re a little rough but man do they get those knots out! 
  • Options
    @lmn823 its so hard having a parent that’s struggling like that and being the more mature one as the kid. My relationship with my mom isn’t great either, but not for the same reasons. I hope you still enjoy your baby shower, whether or not she comes around. 

EDD/Weeks + days: 25w 3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower? The other day the app said slightly smaller than a 2liter. How big of a cauliflower are we talking about?

Upcoming appointments: not yet, next week

How are you feeling? I’m maybe starting to get some more energy. I’m also getting over a stomach bug and my appetite is finally returning.

Raves/Rants: both? Sort of. I’m flying to visit a sister this weekend and I’m starting to low-key panic. It’s been a long time since I’ve flown, and I’ve never left DS overnight. I know he’ll be fine at home with SO, but it’s hard to tell my anxiety mom brain that sometimes lol

Questions: no

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself? Pamper? Not much of that happening lately that I can recall. Maybe this first ever kid free weekend? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
     EDD/Weeks + days: 8/30, 22 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): 🥥 coconut 

Upcoming appointments: another check up in 2 weeks

How are you feeling? Feeling great! Still dealing with tiredness, RLP, and generally feeling heavy, but those baby movements and kicks are giving me so much joy.

Raves/Rants: we’re into the craziest part of my school year. I’m 2 weeks away from the concerts and the elementary musical I’m directing which means long dress rehearsals and keeping my 5th and 6th graders focused.  

Questions: nope

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself? I like to do my nails or sit and read a good book. 

@lmn823 sorry your mom is so detached and more concerned about her own stuff. That’s gotta be so difficult and frustrating. 

@tumbleweed-1 ugh anxiety is the worst! That sounds like a really fun trip though. Hopefully
    you’ll be able to relax and enjoy yourself without worrying too much!
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 26w

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Spaghetti squash

Upcoming appointments: Our last attempt at an anatomy scan next week (5/4). Fingers crossed they can actually see what they need to just for peace of mind, if anything else. Glucose test on 5/9.

How are you feeling? Pretty good, heavy. Fatigue is starting to hit more in waves.

Raves/Rants: Rant: we gave ourselves the deadline of the end of April to find a house and as we get closer to that date, I'm getting kind of bummed. It would have been chaotic, for sure, but we have never loved this house and we were looking forward to moving. Rave: I'm going to see "Are you there God, it's me Margaret?" with some friends on Sunday. I read that book so much in my pre-teen years and I'm looking forward to seeing it for nostalgia reasons, even if it's not a great movie.

Questions: Does anyone have a toddler that still likes to be rocked? I definitely don't want to buy another glider, but I'm debating on buying a second hand rocker, or one that's more decorative and could be re-purposed, or just trying to break her of it completely. She doesn't ask every night, but man, when she does I just love rocking and snuggling her and I know it's going to be short-lived  <3

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself? Massages or pedicures. I've had 3 massages this pregnancy and it's been so nice. I wasn't comfortable getting them with my first.

@lmn823 I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I hope your mom gets out of her own head and realizes the focus should be on you and that you have a lovely shower!

@tumbleweed-1 I totally get the anxiety and I always find I'm worse if I'm going by myself vs. with SO. It's like I have more time to think about it. I hope you're able to enjoy your trip <3
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/16, 24 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe but baby is also measuring like a week ahead

Upcoming appointments: may 4th

How are you feeling? Honestly terrible. I’ve been so tired and this month has been constant something and no rest days. I’m also so so cranky and it makes me feel so bad but I feel like I am either going to blow up or breakdown or both. And my hips and pubic bone hurt. Not having fun lately and my mental health feels like it’s in the toilet.

Raves/Rants: rant, we’re too busy. I want to hide in my house until baby is here but there is only one weekend that is completely free until august. Rave, it’s almost may and it’s the only month we’re not busy. I am looking forward to the rest.

Questions: 

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself? Going out to eat and getting a pedicure. Massages are nice too though.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 23 weeks, 8/23

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): no idea 

Upcoming appointments: next Friday OB

How are you feeling? Not bad. A little more irritable this week, I think stress related. I’m not sleeping as well and wI’ll wake up sore from not turning over in my sleep 

Raves/Rants: Work….I thought I had things straightened out with staff and plans for when I’m gone. My staff has gone rogue. Not all of them but many issues all of a sudden which don’t make sense. I know things are changing so for some they are anxious but I just can’t right now. My
    time is running out. My goal is that end of June I will have mostly backed out of my role temporarily and right now I’m not confident in temporarily handing over the business.

Questions: nope

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself?  Right now it’s manicures and pedicures. I was getting massages regularly but when I told my massage therapist I was pregnant and tried to reschedule with her, she just never got back to
    me. Haven’t found a good place to go yet but I plan to get a few scheduled. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: Aug 26th/ 22+4 

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 

Upcoming appointments: I have an US coming up in the next few weeks. I’m not sure when my next midwife appointment is. 

How are you feeling? I feel pretty good. My emotions can go crazy sometimes and I never know what will set me off. I feel like I’m carrying really well this pregnancy and I know it a because I haven’t gained a ton of weight. 

Raves/Rants: My youngest has alopecia. He has a pretty decent sized bald spot on the crown of his head. The doctor said it was likely brought on by getting sick with so many viruses back to back. He also said it looks like it’s done falling out because the hair that’s still there is not coming out at all. So now we just wait for it to grow back. He also wrote me a note stating my toddler should not be excluded for having a runny nose. I had another daycare worker talk to me about his runny nose. What is everyone’s problem? Am I suppose to be a hermit because my toddler is a germ factory? How do they expect any moms with toddlers to go anywhere if they can’t bring their child who has a runny nose? It’s stupid. Anyways, he has a note on a letterhead from the office stating he is fine even with a runny nose. It’s ridiculous it’s even necessary. 

Questions: 

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself? I love hot baths. I also like pedicures but I haven’t found a place I really like here. Massages are always nice but it’s hard to get there when I have so many kids. 
  • Options
    @lmn823 I really like deep massages. Massages where they barely use pressure do nothing for me. You’re making me want to try out of those places around here. 

@tumbleweed-1 I went on a trip alone across the country for the first time since marrying my husband. I left all the kids and it was so weird. I had no clue what to do with myself. 

@gingermama29 The kicks I’m feeling this pregnancy are nothing like my last and sometimes I forget about them until I get some random kick to my cervix and I’m like, oh yeah, baby kicks. 

@msjaay I have a 3 year old that still wants to be rocked and my youngest. I will rock my youngest as long as he wants it. I have a rocker in my bedroom and his room. I just started weaning my 3 year old from rocking but he likes for us to lay with him for awhile so I’m still in there for awhile. 

@justyouraveragemama Im sorry you haven’t been feeling well. I hope you get some energy soon. 

@novelblessings I’m sorry you’re having issues with your staff. Hopefully they get resolved soon. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 25+2

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments: repeat anatomy scan may 2

How are you feeling? Had cramping on Tuesday, it has settled out though. Exhausted.

Raves/Rants: woken up at 3am Tuesday morning by a stranger blaring his horn in our yard. Chicken coop had lit on fire. No survivors. We (husband, FIL and I) got it put out before it spread too bad. Thank goodness for our unseasonably late spring, the ground was still soaked from all the snow. Shop roof had caught but because of the stranger waking us we got it out. It was so windy, it should have been worse. Good thing my FIL was there (my BIL had surgery Monday so he was staying with us because he lives 6 hrs away). I’m so tired. Just emotionally done. I didn’t even go to the hospital for the cramping I didn’t want to make decisions so just Jesus take the wheel and it stopped. Little guy seems ok now, moving normally and everything. 

Questions: does stress mess with your glucose test? I had mine Tuesday afternoon on no sleep. 

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself? Massages. I have pretty good coverage for them through work and it’s a life saver. I also like doing face masks at home and my husband will give me a foot rub and paint my toe nails. He’s pretty good at it too, he learned as a teen to paint his little sisters. 
  • Options
    @lizdiane456 oh my gosh that’s terrible! I’m so sorry you lost your chickens and have to deal with all of this. Thank god for that person who blared the horn!!! But still, wow. So sorry. 

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 24w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments: we’ve got fetal echo + OB on Monday afternoon. 

How are you feeling? Honestly not that bad? I went on two big walks yesterday and definitely overdid it. We live in a hilly city and I can never catch my breath! And emotionally I’m ok this week mostly. This was in “off” week for scans, which means I could focus on other parts of my life and I find the off weeks easier to manage. Getting on that ultrasound table is emotionally intense and exhausting so I’m happy to not have to do it till Monday.  We did hear from our cardiologist though and after consulting with the big shots in Boston, they want to give our baby a completely different diagnosis 🤦‍♀️ im not upset about it because as a result of their disagreement, Boston will continue to review new scans with us and our doctors every two weeks. I just want as many smart eyes on it as possible so we can make a plan for the best outcome. They can disagree all they want, and hopefully it’ll keep them super engaged in the case. So despite the confusion I’m grateful for all of their time. They’re truly so hardworking and I feel like we have an exceptional team of collaborators. 

Raves/Rants: I’m not sure yet if this will be a rave or a rant. I received my first “explanation of benefits” from insurance. They said they’re not covering the first fetal echo/consult. Our doctor billed $5400 for it, and we’re doing it every two weeks for the next 16 weeks. Can you believe it?? That’s $45k and the baby isn’t even born yet. That said, the amazing care team told me that if I ever get a bill like that to call them and they will handle it with insurance so that I don’t have to. It’s very clear that monitoring this baby’s heart is a medical necessity and will literally save his life. So, ranting at the cost of care, raving at the existence of insurance (assuming they cover it), and the care team that’s helping us navigate this. 

Questions: Do you have to fast for the glucose test? How long? 

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself? I’m so bad at this. I guess I like pedicures but I never do them. 
  • Options
    @lizdiane456 I’m glad y’all were able to put it out. That’s terrifying. 

@ccmrc143 I’m glad you have a great team looking over your scans. For the glucose test, it really varies. I have been told different things each time. I usually try to eat a high protein breakfast if I do decide to eat. 
  • Options
    @lizdiane456 oh that’s terrible! It’s like when things cant get more tiring or exhausting you have to deal with this. Sorry to hear. 

@ccmrc143 insurance is stupid. They just want you to spend countless hours on the phone to confirm that it was “medically necessary” for them to clear it and cover costs. I had dealt with the anatomy scan they said it wasn’t covered and I spent hours on the phone with my dr and insurance and the hospital that my dr referred me to go to for one person to be like okay is cleared done bye. 

Also, my glucose test the first one they told me it’s fine to drink water and eat and I didn’t even eat since the day before and I had water in the am and still failed. Now with the 3 hr test on Monday they said no eating not even water but the day before is fine. My appt is at 9 am on Monday so hopefully I won’t be too hungry. 
  • Options
    @lizdiane456 how scary. I'm glad you were able to put it out in time!

@ccmrc143 I'm sorry you're having to deal with the hassle of insurance on top of everything else. I'm glad you have people handling it for you.

I fast for the glucose test if it's early in the morning, but I don't have to for the 1 hour. My doctor cautioned that not eating can also cause a spike, so I think it's just more important to focus on food that won't cause one. I'm more nervous this time since mine is in the afternoon. I'm just going to eat only protein lol. My PCOS makes me nervous. I believe if I have to do the 3 hour, I will have to fast.
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/18 23+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe minus 1 day ;)

Upcoming appointments: Glucose and 24 week appt next week. @msjaay my PCOS is also making me nervous for this one! I told my doctor that I’m probably going to fail it, since I basically failed it pre-baby when we were going through infertility treatment. He offered for me to do a 2 hour screening because of that history, which will just be a one and done thing. I’m thankful for that so I can just know and be done with it! I’m still nervous about it but at least I won’t have to do two. And who knows maybe the results will surprise me and my insulin issues are magically fixed with pregnancy lol. 

How are you feeling? Better! More energy. But also definitely getting some hip pain and feeling heavy. I really need to wear compression socks to work because my legs feel terrible after and I’m starting to get a spider vein by my knee. 

Raves/Rants: Rantish: definitely getting more emotional. Had two instances at work last night that I had to deal with crabby people for things that weren’t my fault, and it was just annoying. Normally that’s whatever for me but yesterday I got filled with insta-rage and then almost started crying. Blegh

Questions: none

GTKY: what’s your favorite way to pamper yourself? Honestly, naps. Love me a good nap snuggling with my dogs.