Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What shows are you watching?

Re: Weekly Check In 4/17

• Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 21weeks 1 day august 28th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): ? I forgot to look

Upcoming appointments: I had my midwife appointment today! I have a very active baby apparently 

How are you feeling? Tired, and a little sore but good! 

Raves/Rants: found out today I have a low lying placenta so if it doesn’t move I may require a c-section but they are hopeful it will move and I can have a vaginal delivery. 

Questions:  has anyone else have a low laying placenta and have it move? 

GTKY: What shows are you watching? Currently night watch, we just finished 1923. 
  • Options
    @estadt mine was low and partially covering the cervix, but had moved enough by my anatomy scan. I was reading about it and one source I found said as long as it moves by 2 cm, vaginal delivery should be ok. My midwife wasn’t concerned about it at all and said it pretty much always moves up. 

EDD/Weeks + days: 8/5, 24w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe? 

Upcoming appointments: next month

How are you feeling? I think I’ve been hit by the norovirus. A combo of teachers/children have symptoms in 4/5 of our classrooms. I only vomited once, so far, but feel gross. The baby moving doesn’t help. 

Raves/Rants: just a little rant about my MIL, she’s developed this habit of announcing when she’s in town and intends to come over without asking if we are busy. She texted my SO that she plans to attend my DS soccer class (tbf, I did invite her to join them anytime) but she’s going to want to visit for a while after and we have other plans 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Questions: not that I can think of now

GTKY: What shows are you watching? Other than the entire Cars franchise? Haha Mandalorian and Ted Lasso. There’s new Ms. Maisel that we plan to start soon
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@estadt I have never had a low lying placenta but I have known people who have and they usually move quite a bit. 

@tumbleweed-1 ugh, I do not like last minute announcements of visits. My MIL used to buy plane tickets and plan visits without discussing it with us. She would just tell us when she was coming. It caused a lot of drama. Between her visits and my parents visits it was too much. We had someone in the house every month and as a homeschooler it affected our ability to get our school stuff done. They think just because you homeschool you can just do the work later. You can, but who wants to push school into summer? 🙄

EDD/Weeks + days: 21+2/ Aug 26th 

Baby is the size of a(n): eggplant 

Upcoming appointments: I just finished my anatomy scan. Everything looks great. 

How are you feeling? I’m so tired. I can barely function when it hits me hard and I have no choice but to lay down for a little while. 

Raves/Rants: I have definitely gotten over my gender disappointment and I’m so excited for another little boy. From the US today he looks a lot like my last baby. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What shows are you watching? Grey’s Anatomy because I’m in a show hole. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 I’m glad you have overcome your gender disappointment and get to be excited now! I’m feeling better about my little guy too, just needed time to process and adjust 😊 

@tumbleweed-1 my BIL is the same way, drives me nuts! He only lives an hour away and is by far our closest family on either side (in terms of distance at any rate). He’ll just randomly announce he’s come to visit then stay the whole weekend. He openly hates the farm too which makes it both confusing and frustrating. All he wants to do is play video games (that he brings, my husband doesn’t general play unless his brother is over and doesn’t have his own). I find it just throws my whole schedule out of whack! 

EDD/Weeks + days: 24 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe? But like a long cantaloupe, measuring a week ahead in length to the shock of no one (my husband and I are both tall)

Upcoming appointments: repeat anatomy scan may 2, little turkey wasn’t cooperating at all and couldn’t see his heart or profile 

How are you feeling?  My energy got zapped randomly this past weekend. It was like first trimester all over again napping twice a day. Headaches have generally gotten better as my blood pressure has stabilized a bit, had one today but nothing extra salty popcorn didn’t fix. 

Raves/Rants: SNOW AGAIN WHAT THE HECK!? Spring was here, it was beautiful! Now they are forecasting 3cm tomorrow! It our fault though, every year when we get our chicks - regardless of WHEN we get them - it snows. In good news: we have decided on a name! Cody, with two backups just in case he comes and it doesn’t fit. We might change our minds again of course, but this is the only one we have come up with that just feels right 

Questions: 

GTKY: What shows are you watching? I haven’t watched TV is so long. In January and February DH and I went through rewatching all of the star wars movies (original and prequel only, not the sequels or “spin offs” like Solo, I like to forgot those exist) about an hour at a time and that was the last thing I watched. I’m eagerly awaiting the new season of Bridgerton if anyone knows when it’s coming out. 
  • Options
    @lizdiane456 My little guy is also measuring a week ahead. I hope that means he comes a little early. I hope we don’t get anymore snow. We got a few inches last week. The sun is finally out this week. I need spring to arrive and stay! We are going to play in the mudflats tomorrow. My husband is suppose to come and I told him he can’t freak out when the kids get ridiculously covered in mud. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 gotta love the MIL drama. Mine has been similar. Decided to call me and lie sayin she called her son but he didn’t answer (his phone doesn’t ring at all and I’m next to him). Last Friday last minute she tells me she is coming down to see us bc her brother wants to come down too and I’m scrambling to clean up and change out of my pjs she decides to text me forget it. She also has been showing photos of me to her hair and nail salon workers and so now I have these random ass people looking at my pregnancy photos and she’s telling me this like it’s something that makes me happy 😐

EDD/Weeks + days: 24w+6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): corn lol

Upcoming appointments: next week I have my glucose exam although I had a Haagen daz ice cream bar for dessert 

How are you feeling?  Physically lazier, I was good for a while trying to be active and now I’m like well if I can do the dishes and laundry that’s enough exercise for today. Also I’ve been very emotional. I cried over a snickers ice cream bar because I saw it in the store and I didn’t get it and then I cried when I got home because I wanted it. My SO told me he would go back out and get it and I’m hysterical saying I don’t ask for much. I don’t ask for much!! And he went to get it. 

Raves/Rants: Raves: baby has been really active, I’ve never experienced this and I was able to record my belly move and send it my SO. It was really cool. Like harder and more active than ever. My anxiety from before about not feeling the baby and not knowing if they baby is ok has lessened drastically.   Rants:my allergies have been bothering me so bad here. It’s been pretty hot and beautiful cherry blossoms are blooming which means sneezing 20x a day. I have been using Flonase but I try to skip a day if I can. And the older I get (37) the louder of an old man sneeze I have. I can’t even change it if I want to. It’s so embarrassing it’s like AHHHHHChoooo. 

Questions: I just asked it on the questions mega thread. Thanks mamas. 

GTKY: What shows are you watching? Just finished binge watching BEEF on Netflix. It scored a 100% rating on rotten tomatoes. Pretty good and short episodes so easy to watch. Also, I loved Vikings Valhalla and can’t wait for the new season. And I love love love 90 day fiancé in tlc that is my guilty pleasure and I’ll never stop and no regrets. My SO is sober so we enjoy days at home and watching TV shows together. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/16, 22+6

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Upcoming appointments: nothing until may but I need to get into the chiropractor 

How are you feeling? Decent. I’ve been feeling so tired lately but part of that has been because this month has been so busy. Allergies are killing me lately and if I don’t keep up on using the bathroom I’ll pee my pants when I sneeze, especially since baby is really enjoying pushing on my bladder lately. By pubic bone still hurts but it’s mostly only when I stand up, try to put on pants/shoes, or if I try to walk too fast. I also need to eat like every hour or so or I feel lightheaded and weird.

Raves/Rants: went to target yesterday for the first time in over a year and spent too much money. Got a Stanley cup though and I understand the hype now! I drank so much water yesterday so fast.

Questions: 

GTKY: What shows are you watching? We just finished night agent 10/10, we watch Yellowstone with the neighbors once a week. Not sure what we’ll watch next. I think bridgerton comes out next month and so does another season of I think you should leave so we’ll probably just re-watch supernatural while we wait for those!
  • Options
    @lmn823 when I had my first, I was 17 and the father’s mother was in the room. She took pictures as I was delivering him and she showed those pictures to everyone without cropping out my lady parts. 😳 When she showed me those pictures I was really upset about how many people saw that. Plus, what a sight as the head is being pushed out. 😑🙄

@justyouraveragemama I love Bridgerton. I’ll definitely be watching that. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 yeah I don’t get it. So my SO had his first son at 18 years old, his mother would tell me stories about how she saw the baby come out and peeking out like a turtle head and going back in and thinking it was so cute like a little game. I already told him no one is allowed to come into the delivery room besides him. She already has been trying to control which hospital i should go to, switch to her OB and crazily asking her nurse friends why I needed an anatomy scan. I’m politely direct with her and my decisions. Her only son is also not 18 anymore and I am 38 this year so I’m not having it. I don’t need her to show pics of my vagina to her nail salon ladies 
  • Options
    @lmn823 It’s good you’re setting firm boundaries. Sounds like you will need it once the baby gets here. Especially if she is already being overbearing. I had to get kinda ugly with my MIL. I’m not the kind of mom to pass my babies off and let other do whatever they want. I don’t let anyone hold my babies. Hell, DH barely holds them as newborns. Not because I don’t let him but he just focuses on the others and let’s us snuggle and nurse. I tell my MIL, in a serious but sing songy voice so it sounds nice, that she only gets 5 minutes and that’s it. I also don’t let anyone feed my babies. Man, I’m a tyrant. 🤣
  • Options
    @emeraldcity603 I would die. OMG.

Having a baby during covid wasn't the best time, but no visitors in the hospital was a pro that I did not expect lol. I can't even imagine someone being there during labor at all, or even soon after delivery, so I'm curious how I'll feel. The only thing I think I really want will be for my mom to bring my daughter.
  • Options
    I’m hurting for everyone with family up in their business during labor. We told all of our family after DS was born. Then they came to the hospital to see him (pre-Covid times). My MIL did drive SO and I to hospital because SO doesn’t drive and I wasn’t up to it, but I’m pretty sure that stalled my labor. It felt rude to just use her as a chauffeur and send her away, but she wasn’t even in the waiting room. Just sitting in the delivery room with me and looking at me with this expectation. Something switched in me then and our relationship has never been the same (plus she’s weird about DS being a mini SO and he’s not lol) Eventually that evening I told SO please send her home, baby clearly isn’t coming anytime soon. Sure enough, baby came the next morning. I’m strongly considering a home birth this time to avoid the driving dilemma 
  • Options
    I can't even imagine these delivery room stories! Holy smokes. Pictures of a crowning kid? (Hell, I don't even want to see my OWN kid crowning.) In-laws in the delivery room? (My dad's parents were miffed that my mom vetoed them being in there, and then took Dad out to dinner the night I was born, and left Mom in the hospital alone with me, NOT by her choice...)

We accidentally had a non-family visitor, but it was the day after my daughter was born -- we had asked for no visitors except my parents (DH's parents don't live here), but a nurse SUPER NERVOUSLY told us we had one anyway. I was miffed at first, but it was my really good friend's husband, who is the CEO of the hospital system where I delivered and who just wanted to come say hi and snap a selfie with my daughter to annoy his wife that he got to meet her first. So I totally got why the nurse let him in and it turned out to be a fun story anyway. But otherwise? Who the hell even WANTS to be in there during all that? Yeesh. I'd skip my own delivery if that was an option.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/18 22+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Upcoming appointments: early May

How are you feeling? More energy finally which is nice. Also more headaches and back pain. I started having R) mid back ?spasms? the past two days which really sucks. I don’t know how to stretch and help that spot. 

Raves/Rants: Rave 1: husband felt the baby kick for the first time this week which was fun! Baby is always most active when DH is falling asleep. I’m pretty sure he could have felt it several days ago if he actually woke up :P. But I’m glad he got to feel it now. 
    Rave 2: Got news last week that my work schedule at job #1 has to change pretty dramatically, and it basically meant I had to quit my side job #2 that is my actual passion but a long drive away. I was freaking out about it all weekend… but talked to my #2 manager today and she was surprisingly great about it (has a reputation for being very difficult with schedule changes). All in all I am coming out with a pretty good situation now between both jobs which I’m super excited about. I was so stressed about how to juggle them both with childcare… but the crappy changes at #1 ended up being a blessing! Should have just trusted and not let myself get so stressed out, but here we are :)

Questions: None

GTKY: What shows are you watching? Greys anatomy and station 19… I probably need to get more creative, but they are easy to watch without doing much thinking lol
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    @ all the people with parents in the delivery room… big nope from me too 😳 lol. Thankfully my parents on both sides have said they don’t even want to know when we are in labor so they don’t worry about it. My mom is kinda nosy so I doubt she will actually be that chill - but we shall see! First grandkid on both sides so we are definitely the guinea pigs in this situation. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/30, 21 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): endive

Upcoming appointments: check in on Monday

How are you feeling? Feeling good. Definitely struggling with sleep a bit though. The hip pain is rough as is finding a comfortable position. I was a side/stomach sleeper before pregnancy so trying to find the angle that takes pressure off the hips but isn’t putting weight on the bump is quite the house of cards.

Raves/Rants: DH and I are dropping DD off at my brother’s house for the night on Saturday and getting a nice night out for the two of us to attend a friend’s wedding! 

Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: What shows are you watching? I’m between shows right now but Abbott Elementary and Ted Lasso are on my list of shows I want to watch soon.
  • Options
    gingermama29gingermama29 member
    edited April 2023
    Yikes at all the MIL stories! I’m glad people are setting clear boundaries to avoid that. My mom was in the room for my delivery but I wanted her there. She was an EMT, had delivered babies before, and was excellent support for both me and DH. She did a good job of staying out of the way unless needed. Plus DH had no interest in cutting the cord (he was squeamish) so she got to do that which was special for her.

@emeraldcity603 so glad you’re excited about another boy! Also I would’ve lost my sh*t if anyone was taking pictures during the actual birth and then sharing them! 

@justyouraveragemama +1 for the pubic bone hurting. I don’t remember this being a thing until much later in my first pregnancy!

@cherrystorming awww glad YH got to feel the baby kick. Haha every time we try, mine becomes a little stinker and won’t kick for him 😂. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 25w

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team green

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

Upcoming appointments: 5/5 for another anatomy scan

How are you feeling? Good! Pretty much the same. I think I'm going to have to bust out my pregnancy pillow at night. I notice my hips are starting to hurt a little more.

Raves/Rants: Rave: this weather has been so good for my soul. It's nice just to get the puppy and toddler outside to get some energy out and just for my mood in general. We don't have a lot of funky winter months, but my mood is definitely affected when it's dark and cold. Also, found out another friend is TTC. We have a close friend group of 6 and 3 of us are having babies between May-July. One has been TTC and is starting IVF in the fall and we just found out a 5th is also starting the process. I'm so excited to have so many kids close together in that group. Right now it's just me and another friend with a kid and it's nice at gtgs because they play together so well (they're 6 months apart).

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What shows are you watching? Ted Lasso. Just finished Sex Lives of College Girls. It was funny and light-hearted. It was a good before-bed show. Also just finished LIB. I love my trashy reality shows. We started Beef, but I don't know how I feel about it just yet.
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 that was what my midwife said it pretty much always moves up and mine only needs to move up by .6 (it’s at 1.4) so I am/was fairly optimistic. I am seeing on the one other app I am on others with low laying placenta on bed rest/ no intercourse/no lifting etc. my midwife just said if I notice any spotting to let them know (a sign it moved in the wrong direction) but other wise not to worry and they will check again in 6-8 weeks. The  one on the other app I follow is 1.7 cm and has all these restrictions. I made the mistake of googling and now concerned I have been doing to much, but also trust my medical team so currently feeling conflicted 
  • Options
    @gingermama29 I sleep with pillows all around me and in between my legs. My husband has a small space on his side and if he even thinks about trying to take one of my pillows I will wake him up and take it back. 🤣 It is the only way I survive at night. 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 23w 

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: I had a fetal echo yesterday and will have another on May 1, along with MFM. We’re in an every 2 week cycle with cardiology and every 4ish for MFM. 

How are you feeling? Physically ok! I’ve been having sleep troubles and I’m very sore from like long walks and basic things. But otherwise fine. Emotionally yesterday I felt really good after our echo — there has been no change which is amazing news. And he’s growing on track (well, one day ahead). 

Raves/Rants: I’ll rave about our cardiology care coordinator. She’s helping me with all my zillions of questions — insurance, NICU prep, support groups, scheduling my appointments even with MFM so they’re all on the same day. Im grateful. 

Questions: Where are we finding summer dresses to get through the heat? I feel like many of you live in cold places but I’m facing the 80s already. 

GTKY: What shows are you watching? I just finished Daisy Jones and the Six. And love is blind lol. So we’re almost done redoing our basement and once the couch arrives we’ll plug in our TV. Since September we have been using laptops 😂🤦‍♀️ once it’s set up we have to watch Succession, Shrinking, and probably so many others I’ve missed out on 
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: 8/10, 23+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink 🩷

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe?

Upcoming appointments: regular 24-week tomorrow + anatomy scan redo for the pictures we couldn't get last time

How are you feeling? HUGE. How are there still 4 more months?!?!

Raves/Rants: Rant - not pregnancy related, but we did have our telehealth appointment with my daughter's doctor this week (the one I want to switch from). Somehow she was still late for that, and then her advice was kind of...weird. We did get a referral to a sleep therapist (still haven't heard anything from a scheduler though...) but she said in the meantime to try having one of us stay with her when she goes to bed, all night, and see if that helps. I'll try it, but not totally sure for what purpose -- even if that helps, it isn't like we're going to have one of us sleep in her room every night from now on. So...I guess we find out if she needs some sort of subconscious therapy? Not really sure any other benefit. Rave - Delta changed our arrival time by a single minute for our flight in July to come home from the beach, but schedule change = we can change our flight at no cost. So we got to switch to the $700/person flight we actually wanted (but would never pay for, for a one-way trip) for the price of the $240/person rate we paid for a flight we would tolerate. God I love Delta and their weird rules.

Questions: nothing here

GTKY: What shows are you watching? DH and I are working through Modern Family (amazingly we never watched it while it was actually on so this is the first time through for us). When he's on a business trip, I watch Spring Baking Championship because when I grow up I want to be Nancy Fuller, and will probably start re-watching The Chosen. I'll also binge West Wing when he's gone and I just want something familiar after my daughter is in bed. And, of course, Bluey.
  • Options
    Yea we never let anyone in the delivery room. Our moms were mad the first time around. The second time they knew it was not happening. I couldn’t imagine having more people, other than the nurse and DH. My mom will text me the whole time and be annoyed I don’t respond and then later tell me how she thought something was wrong because hours would go by and we wouldn’t update her. I’ve told her it’s the same this time. I can’t text and labor lady. DH is in charge of texting an update when we are ready and it’s usually just baby is here and we are fine, we’ll let you know when we are ready for visitors. My kids have fist dibs though. No one can visit this kiddo until the girls
    meet him first. 

EDD/Weeks + days: 22 weeks, Aug 23rd

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut? 

Upcoming appointments: May something. I cannot remember right now

How are you feeling? Not too bad. Just sore hips if I sit too long at work. Or this last weekend was a lot of running around and up and down stairs of an auditorium for my oldest’s dance competition. I was very tired and sore afterwards. 

Raves/Rants: nothing too crazy this week. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What shows are you watching? Whatever the girls are watching mostly. Otherwise I fall asleep. Lol. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    @novelblessings omg same. I told everyone it was going to be a long process and no one believed me. By the second day, I was not feeling up for updates and I got so much flack from my mom, my MIL, my friends, my boss (!) because I didn't update. I was like people, I was busy.
  • Options
    @novelblessings Honestly, I don’t even want the midwives in the room. Just leave me alone and let me do my thing. I really prefer privacy and not to be stared at like everyone is waiting for something to happen. 
  • Options
    @msjaay mine have never been long. My mom
    is just dramatic. Doesn’t matter what I say. But yes it’s a process just leave us alone!

@emeraldcity603 I couldn’t survive without that nurse last time. She stayed the whole time and didn’t have to but labor was short. She helped my husband position me when I needed to move and everything. DH is good but needs his own support lol. I’ve also always had to be monitored because I’ve had complications leading to induction, so I don’t know any different 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    It blows my mind that anyone thinks they deserve to be in the delivery room. That’s such a private experience! And it’s MY experience. We had a doula the first time and I loved her, and I’m hiring one for this guy too. Mostly because labor is hard, I like the doula’s dedication to just me since nurses have shifts and other patients, and I feel that the support they offer DH is valuable. I’m also hiring her to help us manage comms with family/friends during and after the birth because I know it’s going to be incredibly tough on us both emotionally regardless of outcome. Before we knew if baby’s diagnosis I had talked with our beloved nanny who has an interest in birth work. I thought perhaps she’d be interested in being there. Now, I need her to be on call for all the support we’ll need at home and with DS. 
     @msjaay oh man I would be so annoyed if anyone thought I didn’t update them enough!!!! 

@ki1244 I am surprised at that sleep advice too. If you chose that path for yourself I would totally get it, but isn’t there a risk of creating a sleep crutch that you’ll eventually want to break? I hope the sleep therapist offers some help and that you get seen soon
  • Options
    EDD/Weeks + days: not entirely sure honestly lol with switching OBs and differing opinions I haven't been given a particular due date. (We're going with August 15th.) I think I'm 23 weeks + 2 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue baby 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments: next one in 2 weeks

How are you feeling? I've been very excited to organize the house and baby's room, just waiting for a couple weeks when we'll have more time! Baby is a wiggly one, which has been super fun (except when it feels like he's pushing on my bladder!)

Raves/Rants: Our families are very generous and have been gifting us a lot of clothes, books, and other baby necessities. 

Questions: I was told at my anatomy scan there probably wouldn't be another US unless there was concern. Would they do one towards the end to see how baby is positioned or do they figure it out without one? Just seems like an important thing to know before birth time.

GTKY: What shows are you watching?
    I really only watch K-dramas since they tend to be a bit more lighthearted and family friendly! The one I've been watching lately is Crash Course in Romance 😊 
  • Options
    @mrskoehl they can normally tell by touch and if they have any debate they will send you for an ultrasound. That happened to me with my first the way my daughter was sitting it was hard to tell they were pretty sure she was head down but not positive so I had an ultrasound and she was head down. 
  • Options
    @mrskoehl you might be able to guess later on to when baby is bigger. If you feel hard kicks/bigger movements up near the ribs and whispy/softer movements of the hands down low. 
  • Options
    @mrskoehl agree. As they get bigger you can tell where the kicks are vs punches. They also feel low on your belly to check if baby’s head is down as you get closer. I can already tell where baby is sitting by his movements (this is my third) but he has time to engage at this point, even though he’s mostly head down these days. He was breech early on more often. 
  • Options
    Agree with @mrskoehl I was always shocked they could feel my belly for a minute and just determine where the baby's head was lol. I had a lot of u/s with my first so it was nice to be able to verify that way as well just because it seemed so quick in the office!
  • Options
    Thanks for the help ladies! This is all new 😁 I've already been feeling lots of bubbly movements by my ribs, not sure if it's kicks or punches, but we'll see with time. He was sideways for quite a while but I can tell he has flipped one way or another.