Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Ureaplasma? Anyone have it?

I've had 4 miscarriages, all very early. All my rpl tests have been normal. I asked my gyno to test me for ureaplasma, cause I read it can cause miscarriages and bladder issues, which I was also having. The test ended up being positive but she says she doubts it causes miscarriages. She only gave me a week of doxycycline.
Has anyone had ureaplasma and cured it and went on to a sucessful pregnancy?
Thank you!

Re: Ureaplasma? Anyone have it?

• @cparker28 Yes!  I was diagnosed with having ureaplasma after 4 MCs, when I went to my second RE (for a second opinion and more testing).  Both my husband and myself had to take medicine to get rid of it, and then I was tested again and we were fine.  Sadly, I went on to have a 5th MC, so it did not seem to be my problem.  :disappointed: 

If she didn't give medicine to your husband, then it won't matter if you eliminate it in yourself.  Ureaplasma is an STI and can be transmitted back and forth between you and sexual partners, and most of the time it's something that no one knows they have.  So if ONLY you were given the meds, your husband probably has it and will give it right back to you.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• rblayrblay Just Joined
    Hello,
    In march i tested positive to ureaplasma because i was having a lot of urinary infections. I made that medication like you did, but Also my husband.
    I don't know if this was the cause to all My miscarriages, but i Guess not, because i am currently miscarrying.