1st Trimester
Options

Low HCG?

Hi friends. Found this board after lurking a bit. I’ve had 3 miscarriages with natural conception (two chemicals, one at 6 weeks). Two failed rounds of IVF with no viable embryos. After 3 years of trying (I’m 41) we decided to give it a rest for a while. To our surprise we received a BFP this past Sunday when I felt a little “off” after 1 year of no BFPs. So that would mean I’m 4 weeks and 3 days. Beta confirmed. Hcg was at 78- but I have no symptoms other than extremely weepy and dizzy! With the others I had sore boobs and nausea. So a bit worried of course. Going for a follow up tomorrow to see if the hcg is rising. Naturally I’m freaking out- so just posting to hear positive stories!

Re: Low HCG?

• Options
    @emmacampbell The only thing you can do is wait and see if your next beta number, taken around 48 hours after the first, has doubled.  The 'numbers' themselves can vary widely, especially early on.  Good luck.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• Options
    I have had 9 pregnancies and my symptoms have all started at different times. I only had one pregnancy where I had pregnancy symptoms like nausea right after my BFP. I was severely sick that entire pregnancy. I have also had pregnancies where I never felt nausea until 7 or 8 weeks and it was very mild the entire time. Try to relax and focus on the fact that today, you’re pregnant.