3rd Trimester
Options

Babies response to sound in womb

I’m 29 weeks pregnant and haven’t noticed that our baby responds to sounds in the womb. Have any other pregnant moms experienced this? I’m trying not to worry but it’s hard when all of the apps say that the baby will respond to sound at this point in pregnancy.

Re: Babies response to sound in womb

• Options
    I never felt baby respond to any sounds in utero. He's 3 months old now and hears very well. There is no reason to be concerned with no responses to sound in utero. They'll screen his hearing in the hospital before you're discharged, so that should give you some reassurance 
  • Options
    I’m currently 20 weeks with my third child. He isn’t responding to sound yet. But my other two babies definitely did. My first baby responded specifically to Spanish songs…like when the lyrics were in Spanish. My second baby responded to hearing her brother. I wouldn’t worry about it. I would want to research if it has to do with location of placenta or some other variable. My current pregnancy has been strange. My placenta is in the back of my uterus and I have already been able to visibly see this one move. That started a week ago. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm almost 30 weeks and mine doesn't respond to sound either as far as I can tell. At least not really when I listen to music in the car, but I don't usually hold my phone playing music to my bump and see if that works. She just kind of does what she wants and I hope for the best.