December 2023 Moms

Anyone else dealing with first trimester fears and anxiety?

Hi everyone, and congratulations to you all!

Is anyone else dealing with health anxiety? I am pregnant for the first time (5 weeks today) and my partner and I conceived through IVF. I have a Googling addiction and it's starting to make me really anxious. I have mild ongoing pain on my lower right side, and I got lost on Google reading about ectopic pregnancy and then I bothered my OBGYN quite a bit about it. They reviewed my symptoms and said it's not too concerning at this point because my hcg is very good and I don't have bleeding or another symptoms of EP, but they told me to monitor in case it gets worse. I can't stop thinking about it and feeling doomed - which is probably a leftover feeling from the frustrations of IVF.

Any tips or thoughts out there on how to manage the unknowns at this stage of pregnancy? Is anyone else feeling this way too?

Sending lots of warmth and good wishes to everyone <3

Re: Anyone else dealing with first trimester fears and anxiety?

• Hi and welcome! This would be a great question for our mega question thread. 🥰 it's not crazy yet but as more and more get their BFP this board will get busy and individual posts will become chaotic 😅

but yeah the anxiety is real. Mantras are good. "Today I am pregnant" etc. 
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • @elizabeth5509 yes absolutely monitor, but yes there can be several other benign causes of single-sided pain in early pregnancy.  I’m sitting with you in living in the unknown right now (we have a history of losses), just taking things one day at a time.  I know you’ve read on the signs to look for with ectopic and you know those—I second the mantras, and I’d take a conscious and intentional step away from Google as you wait for your first US.  Have they scheduled you for that already?
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017