Baby Names
Options

Stuck between two names

We are stuck between two names for our daughter, due in June. 

Zelda Rose or Matilda Mary. 

Mary and Rose are both family names, not keen on Rosemary 

Last name starts with a S. We do not want the initials of MRS, etc. 

Which do you think is better?  

Re: Stuck between two names

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited April 2023
    Both are different but so off the wall that they will be misspelled or mispronounced. If you are interested in nicknames for her Matilda has more options (Matty, Tilda). I think Matilda Rose would be pretty too although you said MRS was a no go. I don’t think MRS is a bad set of initials though. My own (married) initials are MS. I knew a girl named Mary-Rose in high school as well and she didn’t have much trouble after the initial correction with people correctly saying both names.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I really like Rosemary and it would honor both family members so nicely! But I understand if it just doesn't speak to you.

Of your two front runners I prefer Matilda Mary. Zelda is a little out there for me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I honestly don't understand the issue with initials. What's wrong with MRS if you like the names? How often do you actually use your initials.  Not often at all.  Sometimes I think we look too deep when naming kids. 
  • Options
    Matilda Rose! Love the nickname Tillie for Matilda.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Out of the two you listed, I prefer Zelda Rose. I don’t love the double M in Matilda Mary.
  • Options
    Zelda Rose gets my vote. It’s very pretty and there were some cool Zeldas in history. Rose is timeless. 
  • Options
    I like Zelda Rose more!
  • Options
    When I think of Zelda I can only picture the video game. I like Matilda better