September 2023 Moms

PGAL Check-In - April

I’m going to post for the month, since the last check-in didn’t have many comments. Feel free to come back with any updates/milestones throughout the month!

Weeks/EDD?

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?

Any appointment updates?

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In - April

• Weeks/EDD? 17w4d, 9/9/23

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Increasingly better. More energy every week. Emotionally I’m ok. Struggling with the in between of minimal/no symptoms and not feeling baby kick. Restraining myself from buying a Doppler. 

Any appointment updates? Nah

Any big milestones? NATM. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nah. Quiet week for me I suppose. 
  • Weeks/EDD? sept 9, 17+ something

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? emotionally and physically exhausted. I feel so behind and overwhelmed from not getting anything done for the past few months. And I feel better but just don't have any energy. 

Any appointment updates? anatomy scan at 19+2

Any big milestones? none lately

Rants/Raves/Questions? just want to skip to 28 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • froggerbluefroggerblue member
    edited April 2023
    Weeks/EDD? 16w4d / September 18

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? A bit better, updated my cocktail of pills for nausea in hope it'll help
    Any appointment updates? Heard the heartbeat yesterday and I felt so relieved.
    Any big milestones? NATM
    Rants/Raves/Questions? I've been frustrated and feeling down lately because I felt overwhelmed by the nausea, the headaches and the exhaustion. It was supposed to clear up at the beginning of the second trimester, but it only got worse. I think sometimes I can feel baby move. It's almost unnoticeable.
  • @froggerblue This pregnancy has been different for me, but for all of my prior pregnancies, I didn’t start to feel better at all until between 16-20 weeks (each one varied a bit), so there’s still hope! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Weeks/EDD? 17w2d, 9/19

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I have been sick sick this week. Head cold, cough, sore throat 😓

Any appointment updates? Went last Wednesday and got US set for May 10th. We're gonna do a reveal on Mothers Day that weekend 💕

Any big milestones? Nothing really. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I also graduate May 7th as long as I can make it 😂 I keep pushing myself!! I am so ready to be done!!!

• Weeks/EDD? 18 w / 9/14

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?
    Physically- a lot better. My exhaustion isn’t quite so bad, sleeping better, etc. emotionally, the last couple of weeks have been very hard, getting to then past the gestation we lost our daughter. 

Any appointment updates? Anatomy scan is 5/1, and then I’ll really start feeling better!

Any big milestones? We hit 17w3d on Sunday, which was how far along I was when we lost our daughter.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Baby has been pretty active this last week, which is awesome and reassuring! I’ve started to buy some rainbow-theme baby sleepers and blankets.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama I am soooo ready to start buying rainbow clothes. I kind of want to know what we're having first though cause I have everything from the older kids still 😂😂

• @andrawrmeda2 We got rid of baby clothes before we moved 2 years ago, so other than the small amount of gender neutral stuff I’d gotten for my daughter, we are starting over with baby clothes in the tiny sizes! Which is honestly kind of fun, even with gender neutral stuff, because who doesn’t like buying baby clothes? I assume we’ll get clothes gifts from grandparents once baby is here and we know the sex, haha, so I’ve focused on gender neutral sleepers in newborn and 0-3.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @runningyogimama I am an all things baby hoarder 🙈 I have the hardest time getting rid of baby stuff!! I just can't 😂 I have thinned out a lot of my stuff though, but knowing I want one more still, I just can't😂 much to my husband's dismay😂

• @andrawrmeda2 We literally ran out of space - our old house was 1100 sq ft, zero storage, and we have 3 kids, so literally couldn’t keep everything after the third (I also kept literally everything after each of the first two!). We hit our max capacity. 😅 But by that point, most of our stuff was pretty well-loved and would now be 10 years old since our kids are spaced out a bit, so I don’t mind replacing stuff now. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• songsboutjanesongsboutjane member
    edited April 2023
    Idk what Pgal stands for but I can answer simple questions lol 

Weeks/EDD? 20 weeks, 09/01

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Round ligament pain was kicking my butt last week but finally subsided! Feeling good 👍🏽 

Any appointment updates?
    anatomy scan on 04/20, cannot wait!!

Any big milestones?
    Felt the baby move around week 18 😊

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Got a pregnancy pillow a few days ago and my sleep has improved significantly! 

So happy to make it this far and excited for the rest of the journey!
  • @songsboutjane hey it stands for pregnant after loss. It looks like no one started the other check in threads this week. Feel free to look at prior weeks and start threads. 
  • @anniemarie887 Last week was honestly just such a hard milestone week for me to get through, I did not feel like starting new threads. I’m glad someone started the one this week already!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Sorry I’ve been MIA bc as on trend this winter, I was hit with a brutal stomach bug from my son. The worst I’ve ever experienced. At times, the stomach pain was so so excruciating, it felt like labour. I was in tears. Can’t believe my poor baby had that! He was sleeping 20 hours a day. 

Weeks/EDD? Almost 18w / sept 20? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I was a bit anxious so scheduled an ultrasound last week and got to see a very funny little baby. Such a personality already and looks like they’ll have the same heart shaped lips as my 2nd kiddo. 🥰 

Any appointment updates? Had a midwife appt today. I’m still down 9lbs because I keep losing weight with always being sick. Baby was hiding under my pelvic bone and is super shy from the Doppler. It always takes them a min to find it. 

Any big milestones? Nope. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I was hoping to give birth at the hospital where my kiddos were born but we don’t live in that city anymore so they said I can’t. 😭 they don’t have enough space and need to prioritize the ones around them. I had a really terrible experience with the doctors at my local hospital during my 2nd miscarriage and I’m dreading it now. They were so uncaring and seemed too busy. I had such an amazing experience during my planned c/s the 2nd time and I wanted that experience again. So that sucks. 

Rave - we go to Greece on Sunday. Please cross your fingers no one else gets sick until after we’re back from Greece. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @runningyogimama totally get that, it was a busy week for me and we’re on vacation so I’m in lalaland 

sorry you had a tough week, hope you’re feeling better 

@wanderlustsoul dude, I either got food poisoning or a quick stomach bug… but I expelled everything from my body late evening #2 of vacation and spent 2/3 of day #3 in bed. Ugh. 
  • Does anyone else feel like it’s difficult to be excited about being pregnant? I feel so disconnected with the pregnancy and like I won’t believe this is real until there’s a baby at the end of it. But I want to enjoy this pregnancy as it’s my last one. 🥲

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @wanderlustsoul I feel you on that. I'm mostly stressed out and feeling sick (mostly nausea). I only get tidbits of relief each time we get an appointment and it validates that the baby is still okay. Sometime I feel people around me are concerned that I'm not happily enjoying the pregnancy. I am way past milestones reached in previous pregnancies, still I can't get rid of my fears. I also think it'll get better once I hold the baby in my arms. I do hope you'll be able to enjoy your pregnancy as much as you want soon, but I do feel you when you say it's not easy.
  • @wanderlustsoul I feel you on that too. Too much disappointment too many times makes it hard to be attached. I feel like I’m going to leave everything to be done till the last minute because I don’t want to prepare a room & buy things just to have to return them. 😢

Know that you’re not alone if that’s any consolation. 
  • @wanderlustsoul Yes, completely agree! I won’t believe it’s really real unless I get to bring home an alive baby at the end of it.

I do feel like I go back and forth between being excited - and then also feeling like I shouldn’t be excited because nothing is guaranteed at any point. I’m oddly to a point now, where I want to buy baby things just to make it feel more real/tangible, if that makes any kind of sense.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @wanderlustsoul i also think i'm just too busy at this point between work and a 3yo to focus so much on it. i bought a few baby things and then returned them all... so there's that for unhinged behaviour. lol

Weeks/EDD? 20w/Sept 13

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Good on both accounts. a little intermitten sciatic pain. trying to stay active re peloton/yoga to stave it off. 

Any appointment updates? Had my anatomy scan last Friday, was feeling superstitious and just wanted to wait to post my update until the all clear. Baby was super cooperative and we got some great images, and all looks well. Had a minor concern over the placenta abutting my cervix, I love that my practice has two full time MFMs, so the sonographer checked in with the one before letting me go. She said let’s do an internal to get a better look and thankfully placenta is not nearly as close as it initially appeared. And my cervix is healthy and shut. Def having more pressure than with my first and it had me worried my cervix might be compromised in some way after multiple aurgeries and uterine biopsies. 

Any big milestones? a good a/s is reassuring, and knowing how close we are to viability at this point.

Rants/Raves/Questions? natm.