Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise:

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling:

Rants / Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What book are you reading now? Or what's on your to-read list if you ever get time to yourself again?

Re: Weekly check in w/o April 3

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 1 / 14+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: We will find out

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a peach

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until May

How are you feeling: We're in that fun period where we get to play "is that movement or gas?" And I've been feeling a lot of muscle pain in my hips, like I did in my third trimester last time. I'm considering prenatal physio.

Rants / Raves: My 18mo has started melting down every time we come home from daycare. We're within walking distance and he's totally fine on the walk home, but as soon as we get to the sidewalk near our place, he either sits down or starts running in the opposite direction. Holding his hand makes him melt down. Picking him up makes him melt down. Offering snacks does nothing. It's exhausting.

Questions:

GTKY: What book are you reading now? Or what's on your to-read list if you ever get time to yourself again? I've just started reading We Have Always Been Here: A Queer Muslim Memoir by Samra Habib. It's really good so far!

• Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 17 / 11+6

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: We found out today that we are having a girl! 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a lime / plum

Upcoming appointments: NT ultrasound on April 6, 14 week check-up on April 21

How are you feeling: A little tired and achy but pretty good overall. I'm also in a state of shock and excitement after learning that we are having a girl. I thought we were having a boy because most of the signs and symptoms pointed towards boy, and my husband's family has a lot of men. 

Rants / Raves: It's so hard to focus on anything other than wanting to prepare for the baby! 

Questions:

GTKY: What book are you reading now? Or what's on your to-read list if you ever get time to yourself again? I've been reading a bunch of pregnancy books including What to Expect When You're Expecting, Bumpin', and Nurture. I need to start reading more baby and parenting books! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for starting this @sawasap!!

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10/16; 12 weeks

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Blood draw was Friday and anxiously awaiting results. 

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a toy army man

Upcoming appointments: 4/10 

How are you feeling: needing some reassurance that everything is okay. 4/10 can’t come fast enough

Rants / Raves: I’m out of town for a work trip. It’s too quiet and I don’t know what to do with myself. 

Questions:

GTKY: What book are you reading now? Or what's on your to-read list if you ever get time to yourself again?  Currently reading the Will Trent series by Karen Slaughter. 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @AmMcc12 while I don't have the words of reassurance you need, I can send some distance hugs! 🤗🤗

@kodon26 yay!!! A girl! For books on pregnancy/childbirth, I recommend "Expecting Better" and "The Fourth Trimester". I think one of my mistakes with My first pregnancy was only reading books about the baby. Read books about motherhood and what to expect during your postpartum experience too. Dont forget that you are going through a major life and identity change!

Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: Oct 24 / 11 weeks

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: we just found out! It's a GIRL!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: A lime 🤯 Why does that seem so big!

Upcoming appointments: NT scan next week. 

How are you feeling: Better? I'm cautiously optimistic.

Rants / Raves: I am just happy it is April and the awful month that was March is OVER

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What book are you reading now? Or what's on your to-read list if you ever get time to yourself again? I just finished reading The Fourth Trimester. It was excellent. Great book for preparing for childbirth and postpartum. Wish I had read it with my first.
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: September 30, 14+4

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: we find out next week!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: a peach

Upcoming appointments: next Friday

How are you feeling: yucky, thankfully not nauseous like before but just blah, sneezing a lot! Very excited for next week's ultrasound

Rants / Raves: I just bought a bunch of maternity clothes. I wasn't able to do that with my first because of COVID restrictions and I just wore baggy t shirts and sweats since I was at home just of the time. By the time restrictions lifted I only had a few weeks left so just got some second hand clothes from a friend. I'm so happy this time I can have some nicer looking and comfortable clothes to grow into ☺️ I even got a maternity bathing suit to enjoy beach time this summer! 

Questions: none

GTKY: What book are you reading now? Or what's on your to-read list if you ever get time to yourself again? The Happy Sleeper. Trying to work on sleeping well with my first born before baby comes. It's been rough since he's been sick lately so I'm just hoping we can get into a good groove. 
  • mimsermimser member
    edited April 2023
    Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 6 / 13w4d

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: Team Girl!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: Lemon / Jalapeno

Upcoming appointments: This Thursday - Cerclage // April 11 - Pediatric Hematologist // April 20 - OB/MFM // April 27 - Cervical lenght scan

How are you feeling: I'm finally feeling better. I've been for about a week now. I just have to eat small portions otherwise I feel sick. I also still have to pee all the time 🙄

Rants / Raves: We are doing an egg Easter hunt this afternoon with a few other families!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: What book are you reading now? Or what's on your to-read list if you ever get time to yourself again? I'm reading The Science of Parenting and a book called Femme Forêt by Anais Barbeau-Lavalette. French is my first language so I read books either in French or in English.
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 22nd / 11w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: SneakPeek says boy, blood results come in tomorrow to confirm!

Interesting baby fact / Baby is the size of: A strawberry / a poker chip

Upcoming appointments: Consult + US with the high-risk doctors on April 11th to check viability and *hopefully* schedule cerclage (@mimser it looks like we're cerclage twins! haha)

How are you feeling: It's the strangest thing. After waking up at 6 weeks on the dot and feeling like absolute walking death (extreme nausea, extreme fatigue, headaches), I woke up on Sunday at 11 weeks and I feel...normal? I really really hope this lasts. I am tired of feeling like an unproductive slug.

Rants / Raves: The software my OBGYN uses for their patient portal is not working and I could have our bloodwork results today but it can't load any of my current health history  :'( I am very impatient.

Questions: None at the moment

GTKY: What book are you reading now? Or what's on your to-read list if you ever get time to yourself again? I'm in the middle of reading Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series. It's been a great distraction from the nausea. I'm about to order "Moms on Call," which was recommended to me by my sister. It's a "what to expect" kind of book written by pediatric nurses that outline ideas for everything in the first weeks and months of parenting. We have a 6-year-old, but we struggled A LOT with sleep and just getting our bearings, and this book has a loose schedule you can implement to give you some sense of sanity and start a routine. It worked really well for my sister so I'm hoping I can pick up some new ideas.

• @lindzsers my cerclage is actually this coming Thursday 😬 and sorry to ask I can't find the Intro thread 🤔 but you had a full term pregnancy before developing cervical insufficiency?
  • @mimser Oh wow! Sending all good and healing thoughts for you!

Yes. I had a daughter 6 years ago and actually went to 41 weeks. We got pregnant 5 years later and lost that pregnancy due to what we now know was CI. I've always wondered if something other than aging caused my CI and the only thing I can come up with is that I had third-degree tears with my daughter. She was a forceps-assisted delivery so maybe the trauma of that did some damage?

• alpacamama2 Congrats on your girl too! Thank you for the book recommendations. I just ordered the Fourth Trimester!
  • Estimated Due Date / Weeks + Days: October 13 (can’t come soon enough!!!) 

Team Boy/Girl/Surprise: having our second baby girl! Excited especially cause our daughter has ONLY been talking about wanting a baby sister. 🥹

Upcoming appointments: not till April 19!

How are you feeling: still not super great. Lots of food aversions, throwing up every so often, nausea is still bad. 

Rants / Raves: I feel bad saying this but I’m so tired of being pregnant. This is really hard. Wish October 13 would hurry up.